It's About Time for Me to Get a New Wi-Fi Router

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Mew*, Jul 21, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I've been using a Linksys WRT54G router for almost 3 years, plugged in 24/7 except when issues occur. I think it is about shot. I mean, it gets these random slowdowns that make browsing the internet frustrating, and I sometimes need to click links multiple times for them to work. Also it makes it almost impossible to upload stuff like pictures. Not enjoyable. I know it is the router because I read online that this happens to other people, especially after power failures. When I unplug it and then plug it back in shortly, it goes into this slow mode, or sometimes it just randomly decides to go into slow mode while I'm browsing. To fix the problem I have to unplug it, my modem, and everything connected to it and let everything sit for a few to several hours. Then I have to plug them back in with the correct order that I've figured out.

So can you guys recommend any wireless G routers that don't do this kind of stuff that have a 4 port switch? Thanks.

2. pikachual

pikachual New Member

did you try to reset your router....and recofigure it....there should be a little button on the router to press to reset....i recently had a similar prob like slow connection speeds.....i changed the encryption to 64 b/c I was having prob connecting with my DS....it didnt work for me....i changed it back to 128 ecncryt and noticed that I had only set it for wireless G....I changed it to b/g...now my DS is connected and my computer connects at fast sppeeds...give that a try...my router is about 3 yrs old as well...also try changing the channel on your router maybe there is alot of routers near you on same channel....good luck

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Ok, next time it acts up I'll try that stuff. I really appreciate the help!