Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I've slept 4 hours since Thursday. (TAGRINETH DON'T READ)

Rambo1000

Alex Hill, Chris Bianchi, Ryan Vergel, and yours truly, Zach Fisher, headed out from Tallahassee at about 4:30 or 5 am Saturday morning, or, our Friday night. You see, we didn't sleep. We don't do that much.

I filled out my Banette ex decklist and was ready, but apparently SOMEONE decided it should be rotated! What mockery is this!? Rotating such a broken card!? That's all I'd tested, so I played the easiest deck I could think of (with no playtesting obv) and ran Blissey/Lucario.

Round 1 - Alex Hill - Meganium/Stuff
We drive 5 hours so that I can play my roommate? Also, he has a VERY good matchup against my deck. I start with Riolu vs. his Spoink. I get a t2 Lucario and just donk him from there. SORRY BOO! (i won)

Round 2 - Eric Craig - Meganium/Stuff
His deck COMPLETELY counters mine. How awesome! I get complete crap and lose a t2 wager which completely screws me. His t2 meganiumS didn't help either against my chansey swarm. (i lost)

Round 3 - ? - Blissey/Garchomp/Jank
I get up a Blissey and steemroll through 6 prizes. (i won)

Round 4 - Elia Cabrera - Shiftry ex pk/Milotic d
Elia is a cool pokemom who drove me to win states last year. She didn't get setup at all and my t2 lucarios didn't help much either. (i won)

Round 5 - Jokerboy - Garchomp
Right before the round I told him that I was praying I'd play him. Lucky me! The autowin didn't go quite as expected when I found out that i had a blissey and chansey prized along with 2 cessations. It got to a point where i HAD to rip a pluspower to win. My only draw was wager. I LOSE the wager. First card...fighting energy...2nd card...riolu...3rd card....PLUSPOWER! gg from there. WE MADE IT UP TO YOU AFTER THE GAME BRO!

Round 6 - Dave Hubbs - Blissey/Delcatty
dave is a good player, but i SHOULD win this matchup without too much trouble. however, when you have 3 lucario and 2 cessation prized it makes things more difficult. combine that with the fact that the only supporter i played all game was a t1 mentor and drew into nothing but great balls and you have a loss. gg dave! (i lost)

I got 5th.

SUNDAY

I play straight Blissey because it's ridiculous!

Round 1 - I GET A GAME LOSS BECAUSE WE WERE 5 MINUTES LATE TO THE EVENT DUE TO INCORRECT DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY MAPQUEST AND THE VENUE OWNER!

Round 2 - ? - All i saw were 4 carvanha d. (i won)

Round 3 - One of the best games of Pokemon i've played in a while. It got down to the wire and i missed a CRUCIAL flip on TSD which ended up costing me the game. i had 1 prize left, he had 2, and all i needed was another blissey to win, but i could only get back a chansey with TSD. one more heads plz!! gg jim! (i lost)

Round 4 - ? - Blissey/TTar ex d
I get up one blissey and take 6 quick prizes. (I won)

Round 5 - cool guy - Empoleon/Octillery/Mantine
This deck was better than I thought. There was a point where i legitimately feared losing. I missed SIX turns of energy! Then i topdecked a boost and won the game from there. (i won)

PROPS:
Team R
seeing everyone
JOKERBOY!!!!!
Blissey (IT'Z BROKEN GUIZE)
budew
well-run tournaments as always
FL players (except anthoy)
ms. malec for being so nice ALWAYS
bobby's jewfro
banette ex
WHISCASH OMG

SLOPS:
Anthoy
whoever rotated Banette ex.
flips
bad directions
not winning
omar not coming

Good job on what you did Zach, however I am still going to dare Tag to read it for our sake cause he loves you :p

PROPS:
Team R
seeing everyone
JOKERBOY!!!!!
Blissey (IT'Z BROKEN GUIZE)
budew
well-run tournaments as always
FL players (except anthoy)
ms. malec for being so nice ALWAYS
bobby's jewfro
banette ex
WHISCASH OMG

SLOPS:
Anthoy
whoever rotated Banette ex.
flips
bad directions
not winning
omar not coming

Hey Zach, at least I can read a map and navagate the driver to the correct loction.....

First round game loss, ROFL, all of you (execpt Alex) deserved it....

GL next time........ not

J/K

OBEADANCE TO THE LEADTHOY IS

Last edited:
Ironic thread title considering this report is much more interesting and informative than the others you've posted. lol.

Sucks that you whiffed on the top cut by that little at the first BR... and bad directions do indeed suck.

Er.... You are so lucky. It ws suicide playing garchomp in a blissy dominated tournament anyway but I had no choice. But, yeah I soon forgot about the match that day was awesome lol. Good Job.

Back