Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jungle Snorlax-Burned condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOROY

I just want to clarify this, the burned condition will not effect Jungle Snorlax correct?
Because the Legendary Collection version describes all special conditions not effecting him, so wouldn't that take precedent over the original Snorlax too?

Wrong! I don't have a LC Snorlax card in front of me at the moment, but according to Pojo's Spoiler at http://www.pojo.com/CCQA/Spoilers/text/legendarycollection.txt, the "Thick Skinned" power says, "Snorlax can't become Asleep, Confused, Paralyzed, or Poisoned. " It says nothing about preventing it from becoming Burned.

I believe you're thinking about the phrase that says, "This power stops working while Snorlax is affected by a Special Condition." So Burned will shut off Think Skinned from working, leaving poor Snorlax vulnerable to all the other Special Conditions that it would normally prevent.

Furthermore, when playing a card that has been reprinted in later sets, you always go by the most recent printing of the card. So in tournament play, you would play the Jungle version the same as the way it's written on the Legendary Collection version of Snorlax.

Thanks for asking,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
Oops, I stand corrected. Someone told me that the LC version of the card DOES mention that it cannot be burned. So in THAT case, the LC version takes precedence as I mentioned above, and the Snorlax CANNOT be burned while its power is still on.

Sorry for the mix-up,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back