Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Just thinking about a electric deck.

neopianlord

But which pokémon would you add in that deck. Mine personal thoughts are going to pokémon like, electabuzz and electivire, perhaps the mareep/flaaffy/ampaharos line and some voltorbs and electrodes ooh and perhaps the luxray line :), but which would you choose?

I'd choose Electivire and maybe the Electrodes. I once made something SIMILAR to this (just it had Amphy DF/SW, Ray ex and Tauros CG) and Electivire almost never got to see play. It would have been SO much better if I just had Electivire/Electrode. So that's what I recomend to you. 'Vire/'Trode.

Luxray is both too expensive and impractical. Ampharos has potential, but not used. Most electirc decks I think are Electivire with some partner, which is usually Flygon d, Raichu MT, and the new Electrode.

Tyranitar EX DF never sees any play... tho run it with buffer pieces and you electromark your opponents gardi/gallade/blissey/??? or mark them all with 1 and send up another to kill them all in a few turns... nobody runs tropius u know.....

But explain me something if the ampharos line has potential, why is no one using it then?

I do use the electivire with the new electrode, just looking for some new and other interesting partners for them ;)

Tyranitar EX DF never sees any play... tho run it with buffer pieces and you electromark your opponents gardi/gallade/blissey/??? or mark them all with 1 and send up another to kill them all in a few turns... nobody runs tropius u know.....

It's because it takes 2 attacks to KO Gallade/ Gardy with Electromark.
Sonic Blade to 100. KO's Gallade with EM. Send up Gardy/Lade KO's T-Tar.
Lol I just got 2 prizes to your 1.

It's because it takes 2 attacks to KO Gallade/ Gardy with Electromark.
Sonic Blade to 100. KO's Gallade with EM. Send up Gardy/Lade KO's T-Tar.
Lol I just got 2 prizes to your 1.

T-Tar vs. Gardevoir/Gallade isn't too bad, in all honesty. Certainly takes skill to win, but it's not impossible.

Now, Sceptile decks are the problem. Floods of Torterra for instance will make T-Tar ready to break out in tears due to it's x2 Grass weakness and dropping 2 prizes. Heck, knocking out pokemon makes barely any difference against a good Sceptile deck, 'cause it can then just move energy around/attach some more, and pokemon that normally take 4 energy to attack can fight with only 2... It's messy for T-tar, and most likely coming out in GE.

If you wanted to play T-Tar EX d, you really just missed your chance now that Cities are basically over.

For electric, Ampharos is your most solid bet, though it doesn't really have any great partners. Weavile's... Iffy, as it doesn't really help you set up. We're not getting Kabutops in GE, and that's one of it's best friends.
Oh well, the body is painful if you get it out fast enough (and your opponent just so happens to have a huge bench). I'm not sure how much I like the attack against things that aren't Magmortar decks though... If I had to name a friend for Ampharos that I think could work decently, it'd have to be Flygon at this point. Of course, Ampharos might not get to attack that often, but Flygon ex d more then makes up for that.

If you actually want to attack with an Electric type, then Electivire's the best way to go. SW suffers though from the whole "MUST DISCARD ALL :lightning: ENERGY" clause as opposed to "discard as many :lightning: as you like", and being very flippy. DP suffers from needing an incredible set up to be effective, and neither of them have particularly awesome HP (unlike Magmortar). If you're amazingly lucky, I'd say go with Electivire SW, as that's by far the more effective of the two should you be unable to flip heads (and is a better card to be under the LV.X electivire, AND doesn't need Elekid)

Too bad we aren't really getting anything impressive for Lightning in GE. Lightning's rather gimped this year as a type. :/

^^Yeah, I know. Only things are Electivire, Electrode and Ampharoes. Out of those, Electivire is the only one who really attacks, as Electrode serves to blow up and Ampharoes serves to spread damage with it's Poke-Body. Basicly, all you need is a Lightning Energy accelerator and Electivire pwns. Look: Discard 3+ Lightning to Electivire to do like 0-150 (if you have only three energy attached). Then, Motor Drive for another Energy, Energy attachement, then accelerator for 3 Energy in one turn! Another Energy accelerator=more damage. Anyone think of a Lightning Energy Accelerator?

Anyone think of a Lightning Energy Accelerator?

Electivire SW + Energy Switch (ew)
Flygon d onto a delta pokemon

And that's about it. :/

You can also have an energy that isn't lightning attached to Electivire, then it wouldn't have to discard it when 'vire attacks. (IE: Cyclone energy)

You can also have an energy that isn't lightning attached to Electivire, then it wouldn't have to discard it when 'vire attacks. (IE: Cyclone energy)

Yeah, but then you wouldn't do as much damage with 'Vire, which is... bad. I suppose you could, but then you would be doing average 50 damage which is NOT GOOD ON A 100 HP POKEMON. I mean, I guess you would get the 100 damage sometimes... but you might do 0 damage as well. All 'Vire needs is a good Energy accelerator besides Energy Switch or things that are a one-time thing only. Just no Energy Swith for me. Only time I ever used it was in my first deck I ever made... it had like 34 Pokemon, 18Energy and 8 Trainers... yeah. It was terrible.:nonono: Anyway, yeah. Hopefully Pokemon will make a DP5 with a Magneton that had a Poke-Power read:

"Once during your turn, before your attack, you may attach 1 :lightning Energy to one of your :lightning Pokemon.":lol:

Back