Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

K-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

This is my build based on my understanding of K2 decks and how to win.

4 K-Tot
4 K-Tune

4 Quick Ball
4 Celio
4 Castaway
4 Bill Maintence
2 Hermit
4 Other Draw 2-Wager;1-Prof Oak;1-Rowan
4 Space-Time or Night Mainence
2 Buffer
1 Cess
1 Charm
2 Warp Point
4 PokeDex (Great Consistency Card)

16 Grass Energy (T2 decks fail because of energy consistency, need to balance out the failure rates of no NRG and no T2 evolution.)

My T2 consistency is great. PokeDex card has helped allot in make sure I get T2, it "shrinks" the deck. This build is focused on Consistency. Low Failure Rate on Energy and T2 Tune

15 or 16 energy and 4 castaway make you almost never have energy issues with a deck like Kricketune.

4 Galactic's Wager is almost needed, unless you tech in Budew or something like that to act as another possible tech. Thus, up the Wager.

Bill's Maintenance on the other hand, is not 100% critical to victory in most Kricketune decks (the shuffling back in the deck contradicts the deck thinning), and thus Wager can take Priority.

Iono how useful you find Buffer Piece. The only match this turns around would really be something like Flygon EX d, as Infernape 1 shots you anyways, and Blissey deals either one shots or cries in pain. Meanwhile, Cessation Crystal is almost vital to avoid recoveries by the opponent. Thus I see Cessation Crystal as more essential to the deck then Buffer Piece.

A final note... Krickets are great at dealing 80 damage consistantly. Now, what do you do against 90 HP stage 1s? You Pluspower them, right? Well... Where's the pluspowers? While 4 might be overkill, especially with how many trainers there already are, 3 seems to work rather well. You might want to take this into consideration, as Pluspowers turn almost every match your way when played properly.

-2 Buffer Piece
+2 Cessation Crystal

Why play buffer piece, it is nearly the same card as Potion. Cessation Crystal is very important to stop stage two decks that thrive on powers. Once they get setup, they'll rip through your krickets one by one consecutively. The best way to prevent such a scenario is to block their powers early so they never get the chance to setup.

buffer gives cricket 100 hp for a turn, which can be huge.
-4 bill's
+4 plus powers (this is key to winning against lucario, ect.)
-2 grass
+2 great ball/fan club
And all of those other draw should be wager, since wager helps soo much with the muligans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back