Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kabuspread.dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

metricus

This is just my idea for a way to spread Kabutops damage and dibilatate your opponent as far as trainers.* Take a look, all positive critisism is wellcome.

Pokemon: 27

Kabutops 3-3-3
Ampharous 2-1-2
Claydol 2-2
Aerodactyl 2-2
Zapdos 2
Absol EX 1
Relicanth 2

Trainers: 20

Holon Fossil 3
Fossil Excuvator 3
Celio's Network 2
Rare Candy 4
TVR 4
Super Scoop Up 4

Energy: 13

Fighting 7
Electric 4
Scramble 2

Stratagey: 1

Kabutops 3-2-3:* Its body adds a nice touch to the attack that does 70 damage and 10 to each benched pokemon that has damage.

Ampharos 2-1-2:* Its body combined with Kabutops' body makes it so that your opponents can't play trainers and when they play supporters each of thier pokemon takes 10 damage which works perfectly with Kabutops' attack, and Ampharos makes an ok attacker when needed.

Claydol 2-2:* Do I even have to say it?

Aerodactyl 2-2:* Again spreading damage because it puts 2 damage counters on any of your opponents pokemon that use poke-powers.

Zapdos 2: Its poke-body which is also why I have Super Scoop Up in there.

Absol EX: Pretty much the same as Zapdos just spreading damage.

Last edited:
Ampharos is nice. 2-1-2 line should suffice though. Take out the electrics and add in some DRE's and maybe 1 more Scramble.

Looks solid enough for me man!

@ mamba probably for early game claydol, which reminds me, you might want to have bebe's / roseanne in this deck.

This is only 56 cards. Also yeah you only need 2-1-2 ampharos. Also why is felicities your draw. It's not a good card in this deck becuase you have to discard which you don't want to do. May I sujest running stevens, oaks visit or even if you want to play a card taht discards TVR. Play bebe or celio instead of PETM.

I've tried Kabutops + Amphy ... and it was a bit slow and clunky for my taste. When it gets up and running it's great. It's just getting your setup that took longer than I like. I personally found Kabutops + Aerodactyl + Cyclone Energy to be a fine way to spread damage. Omastar was really good here too.

Why not run something like a Zapdos with 4 super scoop ups...and Aerodactyl s nice for adding more damage on your opponent.

My poke line would be something like this...

4-2-Furret
3-Zapdos
3-3-3-Kabutops
2-2-Aerodactyl
1 Absol ex

4 Super Scoop Up

The super scoop up would be sick with this since you can also use them to use absol ex more than once and of course Zapdos is what there mainly for. Aero of course adds damage to there bench. If you can tell if a person isnt playing any powers then I would suggest that you not lay the Aerodactyle's and just keep the Basic thing on the bench to put the damage on (it wont hurt it because of the power/body thing).
The furret starter is nice since you can lay energies on him and not lose energy dropps because you can move them if you like. The Zapdos is also a good attacker against Empolean which is going to be a used a lot now that its released.

I MIGHT have to try this out myself.:thumb:

If I were to run this deck I would run the pokeline something like this...

P
3-3-3 Kabutops
2-1-2 Ampy
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Furret

Then run like 2 to 3 of what ever starter u prefer

Why not run something like a Zapdos with 4 super scoop ups...and Aerodactyl s nice for adding more damage on your opponent.

My poke line would be something like this...

4-2-Furret
3-Zapdos
3-3-3-Kabutops
2-2-Aerodactyl
1 Absol ex

4 Super Scoop Up

The super scoop up would be sick with this since you can also use them to use absol ex more than once and of course Zapdos is what there mainly for. Aero of course adds damage to there bench. If you can tell if a person isnt playing any powers then I would suggest that you not lay the Aerodactyle's and just keep the Basic thing on the bench to put the damage on (it wont hurt it because of the power/body thing).
The furret starter is nice since you can lay energies on him and not lose energy dropps because you can move them if you like. The Zapdos is also a good attacker against Empolean which is going to be a used a lot now that its released.

I MIGHT have to try this out myself.:thumb:

Yeah, I think I'll try the Furrets out, but I can't lose the Ampharos.

Ok, I've made some minor ajustments. Lemme know what you think.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

does Kabutops block out Supporters/Stadiums/Tools etc or just Trainers?

Just trainers. Thats why Ampharos is there, if Kabutops blocked supporters too that would defeat the point of having Ampharos.

Last edited:
I like the changes of course but you cant run only 2 super scoop up, that would almost defeat the purpose, there a 50% percent liability so you should 4 to make them effective. When you have 2 in your deck your almost not even drawing them.

O, and by the way, your stuff at the top dont add up. It sais 19 energy but i counted 15.
15+16+25=56 Which means you have 4 spots left. You might want to add in some more supporters. Your sorta low imo.

I like the changes of course but you cant run only 2 super scoop up, that would almost defeat the purpose, there a 50% percent liability so you should 4 to make them effective. When you have 2 in your deck your almost not even drawing them.

O, and by the way, your stuff at the top dont add up. It sais 19 energy but i counted 15.
15+16+25=56 Which means you have 4 spots left. You might want to add in some more supporters. Your sorta low imo.

Yeah and he apparently added 2 SSU's without changing the trainer number....Daniel, please, do the math. I guess if your going to run this, its better than your Flygon deck. It will be interesting to see how this works out, and I think Kabutops will become a popular/semi-popular card for a little while. And Flygon999 did suggest Relicanth. Is Absol really all that necessary? You could always drop that for a Relicanth, because without your fossils, your not gonna be much of a threat. Since this is a slow deck, it can't hurt to have it easier to get fossils. And if you don't wanna take out Absol, you still have several slots open and its just 1 Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back