Kamen Rider 2008: Kamen Rider Kiva

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Dek, Dec 8, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

Rather than mentioning it in the Sentai thread any longer, we might as well have a discussion about what is to come after Death Note of ti- I mean Den-O...

So what do we know about it so far?

Well, the main character is vampire-themed, so this means it can go one of two ways...

-Vampire-themed riders
    -Horror movie-themed riders (Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein, Black Lagoon, etc.)

Anyways, pictures...

The rider in a magazine
    Close-up
    Decent pic of the full costume

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. Dek

Dek New Member

Nice coverage on it on Henshin Justice

The suit will be like Den-O where it will have multiple forms. All of them will have a certain horror movie theme, where the Dracula theme is the first form, and Gillman, Frankenstein, and Wolfman will come later on...

3. Professor_Chris

Professor_Chris Active Member

Might want to change the title. The show is actually called Kamen Rider Kiva. TV-Nihon released a subbed promo of Engine Sentai Go-onger and Kamen Rider Kiva. Both shows look pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  4. Dek

Dek New Member

Honestly, I still heard "kiba" when the announcer said it. But since it's called Kiva (don't need the fools at TV-Nihon to tell ya that one =/)...

Also, WAKE UP!

5. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Does this show get turned into Power Rangers in the US? JW

6. Professor_Chris

No. It looks absolutely nothing like Power Rangers. Super Sentai is the one that becomes Power Rangers.

7. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Are you kidding.... This looks exactly like Power Rangers

8. Professor_Chris

No, it really doesn't. Super Sentai has bright, multi-colored spandex suits and Kamen Rider has more armored suits with drastically different looking helmets. The style is incredibly different. Besides, even without seeing them transform, it's usually easy to tell the difference between a Super Sentai series and a Kamen Rider series.

9. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

10. Dek

Dek New Member

On top of that, Kamen Rider generally has a much darker storyline as opposed to Power Rangers or Super Sentai.

11. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

You have to admit it looks a little like Power Rangers!

12. Dek

Dek New Member

No I won't because it doesn't

EDIT: In fact. Let us broaden our minds...

Exhibit A (Super Sentai/Power Rangers):
    GoGo Sentai Boukenger
    Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
    Mahou Sentai Magiranger
    Engin Sentai GoOnger

Exhibit B (Kamen Rider):
    Kamen Rider Blade
    Kamen Rider Kabuto (Rider form)
    Kamen Rider Kiva
    Kamen Rider Kaixa
    Kamen Rider Orga

Now you will see that there are only differences between the two...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  13. Professor_Chris

I was planning on doing exactly what Dek did, but I was on airplanes all day, so I didn't have time. Clearly, you can see the difference. Should have been arranged by year for a Year-by-year comparison though. ;p

14. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

I see what you guys mean. But for some reason I just get a Power Rangers vibe from the weapons and the suits. I'm not meaning to offend anyone though.