Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kaz's first BR of the year 5/22 Shane's BL Sportscards

koolkidkaz

So the only reason i went was because I had a chiropractor appointment 5 minutes away at 9:30, went with my ever-trusty StarPet deck.

I arrive with dad, get a coffee, debate whether to take out starmie for banette. decided against it, and go for a 2-2 starmie line.
Fill out a decklist, watch a newbie mess around with cards, talk with phillip, spill coffee on my decklist, hang with the gang (Mistie, Alisha, John), and get a deck check. The tournament starts with 12 seniors and 2 top cut.

Rd #1 - Me vs (I apologize, it's late, cant recall) FlygonNidoqueen

We start out, shuffle, yeah. he gets a slow start, I get a uxie and unown r. I start up a Starmie t2, and snipe his trapinch, do my whole Mass-Drawpower deal. He gets a benched queen, i use double blowers to pull up and ko his claydol with shuppet. comes down to him having one prize, me having two, when I remember that i have a Mr.Mime+UnownQ on the bench, so i pull up Starmie and ko his active NidoQ and put Mr.Mime active. it stalls his Flygon X with 4 damage. Next turn, I go with Starmie+3 PlusPower+Expert belt+Rainbow to hit Flygon for 100, GG

1-0

Rd #2 - Me vs Phillip B with BlastioseFloatzel

after all set up, i go first, hand is Crobat G, Uxie, PP,PP,Multi, Pokedrawer, Staryu. but i go first, so no donk on his lonesome squirtle. Overall he only get DC energy, so he can't do a thing, while i snipe both blastoise and Floatzel with starmie. he never took a prize. GG

2-0

Lunch - Go to the Taco Del Mar down the street, and get a Mondo Burrito, oh man, that was good, but was too full to finish the chips.

Get back with 10 minutes to spare, the rest of the gang went elsewhere to eat.

right now, everybody is 0-2 except for Alisha, who is 1-1.

Rd #3 - Me vs Kevin Nguyen with Baltoy

He wasn't really playing baltoy, but that's all I ever saw. he goes first, draw pass. I draw, then mill 35 cards and ko his lone baltoy with a shuppet+Rainbow+Expert belt, lol used Bucks and top decked 2 pokedrawers. GG

3-0

I'm now pretty frightened, cause I know that I'm playing Amelia, and she's a great card player.

Rd #4 - Me vs Amelia with HoPe

From Amelia's( A.K.A The_Lurb) BR report
Round 4 Vs. Kaz w/Hax.dek (Starmie/Shuppet)
Starmie makes me sadface. We both wall each other with Mr. Mime but I get Mewtwo going way too late to actually do much and Starmie would've killed it anyway.I hang on until it's 1-1 prizes but he gets the Crobat on Mewtwo + Belt with 130 on it ftw.

pretty much sums it up, the game came down to the wire, and starmie really shone with 5 of the KOs.

so after that, I set up my deck for top cut. Again, I'm sorta scared of playing Amelia, but it turns out that I'm playing Kevin, who I found out is playing GengQueen.

T2 - G1 - We both get set up, and I start with uxie and Unown R, him with Gastly. I go first, energy, PsyRestore for 20. He draws, baltoy to the bench, pitch dark. To get to the end, I win with a 1 prize left, just came down to him not being able to flip for Fainting Spell, and I sniped with starmie on his claydol and Uxie

1-0

T2 - G2 - Again, the donk is there, but the dice dictates me to go first. This game, Kevin made quite a few mistakes, and I beat him pretty easily because of my milling. Just ko every gengar in 1 shot. At the end, with me behind 2-1, I ko his active gengar with Core Flash, forget about the Fainting Spell, but he flips tails, and next turn I just massively overkill his active azelf for 120 with shuppet.

2-0, first

Had a great time, and found two new players for the Maple Valley League(with lots of DCE!!!). But i loled when I opened my packs and got politoed, while kevin got Steelix Prime and bottom of RaikouSuicune Legend.

Props
!!STARMIE!!
my dad
The Gang
Amelia+Kevin+Phillip(lol ;)
The TOs/judges
KISW
Shane's BL SportsCards
Taco Dell Mar

Slops
Nail-biting games shortening my lifespan
not having money for an awesome card holder