Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kentucky Fried Torchic (Unlimited, Non-DCI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrington388

Pokémon (16)
4 Torchic (w/Fireworks) (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
3 Combusken (w/Double Kick) (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
2 Blaziken (w/Firestarter) (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
2 Magmar (Expedition)
2 Electabuzz (Best #1)
3 Igglybuff (Promo #36)

Trainers (24)
4 Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
4 Super Potion (Base Set 2)
4 Professor Birch (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
4 Lum Berry* (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
4 Town Volunteers (Aquapolis)
4 Max Revive (Gym Challenge)

Energy (20)
16 Fire Energy
4 Lightning Energy

*-Can use Miracle Berry from Neo Genesis instead if you desire, or mix-and-match Miracle Berry and Lum Berry.

The strategy is to build up Blaziken. It and Energy Stadium can get Energy out of the discard pile. In additon, Blaziken can power up your Bench with its Power, and hit everyone in play (except a second Defending Pokémon in 2-on-2 play) with its attack.

Not to say it's pre-evolutions aren't painful. Should you not find Blaziken by turn three (and you've gotten Combusken), Combusken can do 80 damage with two heads on turn three. Torchic can do 30 damage by turn two.

But what if you don't have Torchic early? Enter Magmar. Able to do a bit more damage than its Fossil cousin in its second attack AND Burn, it's a great BBP.

Electabuzz is a bit risky, just as risky as Magmar, but not as risky as its ex cousin in EX: Ruby and Sapphire, but it helps against those pesky Water decks. Igglybuff is there to inflict Sleep.

Energy Stadium can retrieve your Energy from the discard pile, giving you the ability to retrieve up to 2 per turn with Blaziken. Super Potion's my healer, Birch is the draw engine, Lum Berry is for removing Special Conditions, Town Volunteers shuffles cards back into your deck. Interesting in the deck is Max Revive. Combined with Town Volunteers, it'll allow a KO'd Blaziken back into the game within three turns if lucky (TV Combusken, Blaziken, and 3 other cards, Max Revive Torchic).

Any comments, fixes, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to give out some suggesetions. I would use neo genesis magmar instead of expedtion to take advantage of blaziken's power. Then I would add one more blaziken (110hp, 80 damage) to take advantage of its power again. You can take away one fire energy for this space.

4 town volunteers are too many. 2 is acceptable but for your deck 1 is enough.

4 lum berries are too many as well. Switch not only can get rid of status effects but can also help retreating. You can consider that.

Max revive allows you to discard energy and brings you back a pokemon, but I like jugglar when it comes to energy discarding. It can give you more drawing power and put fire energy in your discard pile.

I think 2-3 energy stadium is enough. If you have extra space, add in copycat, pokemon trader and some more searching power.

Playtest your deck. :)

Last edited:
Try this:

4 Torchic
2 Combusken
4 Blaziken (Firestarter)
3 Slugma
3 Magcargo
3 Cleffa

4 Computer Search
4 Professor Oak
3 Item Finder
3 Healing Field
3 Lass
4 Pokemon Breeder
3 Switch
3 Gust of Wind
2 Town Volunteers

12 Fire Energy

The strategy is to get out two or more Blazikens early in the game to power up those Magcargos quickly. This deck takes time to get going (I've playtested it) but as long as you use up those Lasses you'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back