Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

King's Worlds Report Preview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Well, Im really lazy and jet lagged, so yeah heres a preview. The real one will have tons of epicness, so just check this one out until then :p

Hey, this is my Worlds Report. I found that Worlds was weird, because the meta was twisted in every country, and you couldnt really assume which deck would be top, because yea, its unpredictable. The first week was basically compressed into one day. Zach, my Dad, Nick and I tested and worked on the list, and found as usual, Bronzong G was unusable, as it had the flaw of starting to a trainer-lock. We thought about other cards, like ERL, but once again, we figured the opponent would just outplay and we could then and only bring it to sudden death. Basically the techs were going to stay the same, so we went for pure consistency. Zach and my Dad decided to play 4 Roseannes Research, but I was still struggling to find what card was right for me. We went over to our friend Troys house, and tested with his girls, Dakota, Winston, Reed, etc. We got some good testing in against Winstons Sablelock, and I learned Chatot was needed for ChatterLock on a Gardevoir, or Mimic under the lock. I ended up abusing Chatot to the fullest, and I was happy I ran it. Dakota ran a Machamp, and I beat it up 2-0. I learned a new strategy of how to beat a Claydol-less Machamp, and stall it for a turn w/o using Chatter Lock. The day was going great for me, until I battled Troy and his girls. They all played Pluff, and I knew it would be out there. Then and there, I knew I needed another SP Radar, or a Power Spray.

The next day I went on MSN, and Dakota was on. I talked to him a bit about the deck, and he advised me for the 4th SP Radar. I thought about the 4th Spray for a second, but that would sorta suck against Cursegar, and Ploxx. Both debatable. We also both agreed it helped mirror, but overall I chose the 4th SP Radar, because when I played vs Pluff, I needed to kill the Dol, not stall it. So I went right to the r00t of the problem, and took out my Unown Q for it. I needed my Q, but I knew Chatot + Radar were more valuable. I felt fully content with the list, and we played a few more mirror games with Zach at the house before Worlds. My dad needed alot of testing, because he was going into Grinders. We test with him, and I further my mirror matchup knowledge. I knew how to handle it, and my mirror matchup felt almost easy. It was w/o a doubt my most played matchup, so I had to know it well. Anyways, I catch the plane, and we head off to Hawaii! :thumb:

GRINDERS
Well during Grinders, I met quite a few people. I met Amt, Chris, Paul, and others. We all chilled, and then I signed up at the competitors booth. It turns out my dad was taking down quite a few good people, and I was really ahppy for him. We met up with Gavin, Kevin, Jack, and Cor, and I make 10$ off of Gavin by bring his store some customers :tongue: It was awesome, I also got to see Takuto, Yamato, and Steve S. The people were all really nice, and I hope they thought the same. I played some fun games, and I tested vs Ploxx. Once again another satisfying matchup. I felt as if it wasnt that hard, but I was unsure of my Steelix, Torterra, or other T2 Matchups. I was unsure how well I played against Donphan, but I knew how to beat it as well; Tocix Fang and 'Rush. So my dad ended up going 4-3, hitting 28th place, not bad for his first grinders! I was quite proud of him, but next year he said hes going to bring a Red Bull :wink: So after a long day, we order pizza, and start a train race, which wasn't very smart, but was sure entertaining. The creator of the TCG was on the train, and was filled with joy watching Jack outrun the train, LOL. We had a good time, and I crash pretty late. Rawr. Oh yeah I decided to play LuxChomp with Mismagius. Sorta a good idea to state my deck, lol. Also a Senior, keep that in mind :p...

Yea, I have up to Top 2 written down, but I find I did a bad job, so Im going to add some more detail to it. I really wanna feel like you guys were there, so gimme an hour and ill show ya ;) Look forward to seeing you all in San Diego!

~Jacob

thank you for beating mychael bryan. i didn't want him to win. in 2009 worlds i asked what he was talking about and he was yelling with someone else about infernape and then he called a judge on me and i got a warning

thank you for beating mychael bryan. i didn't want him to win. in 2009 worlds i asked what he was talking about and he was yelling with someone else about infernape and then he called a judge on me and i got a warning

Lol.

17 chars chars chars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back