Kricketune: Possible BR choice

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Professor Elm, Aug 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Pokemon (8)
    4 Kricketune
    4 Kricketot

Trainers (38)
    4 Team Gallactic's Wager
    4 Holon Mentor
    4 Celios
    4 Castaway
    4 Quick Ball
    4 Cessation Crystal
    4 Great Ball
    4 Night Maintenance
    4 Pluspower
    2 TV Rep/Stevens/Island Hermit

Energy (14)
    10 Grass
    4 DRE

This seems like a REALLY nice choice for BRs. It's only truly dismal matchup is InfernaCatty, BUT that deck can be countered if you pull Gallactic's Wager fast enough.
    The problem is, so many mulagains COULD lead to an opponent getting a GOD hand. So if you don't get a T3 or T2 Wager, that could be fatal.

Basically, you aim for the T2 Kricketune using Call for Family w/ Kricketot on T1. Quick Ball, Fast Ball, Celios, and Mentor all get your setup FAST. Castaways search for Cessations and another supporter like Wager, so you can stop power heavy decks in their tracks. It's low HP makes Kricketune vulnerable to multiple KOs so maxed out Night Maintenance is necessary to comeback quick. You hit for a constant 80 and that's all there is to it. No other attacks, just aim for T2 80, swarming w/ 4 of em hopefully and use Cessation and Wager for disruption.

2. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

(1) Mulligans - yes, Team Galactic's Wager. But... (a) do you draw it right away, even with 4? (b) Do you win the wager? (c) Do you go first or second?

(2) Kricketune - 4 celio's, 4 quick ball, 4 kricketune. (a) Do you draw what you need? (b) Does it work out for you? (c) What if things are prized?

(3) Night Maintenance. I think the cost of Space-Time is prohibitive for a Battle Roads (8 pts max/game) tournament victory, but in more important tournies like Cities, I would think that Space-Time needs to be incorporated also, for quicker retrieval. Maybe 2-2 Night/Space.

3. Professor Elm

I haven't tested the deck at all. Castaway or Team Galactic's will USUALLY come into my hand w/ in the first 2-3 turns using simple probability 8:60 is the same as 1:7.5 It's impossible to have 7.5 cards so, 1 out of every 8 cards is about right.
    4 Celios, 4 Quick Ball, 4 Kricketune: Once again the probability of grabbing one T2 is highly in my favor, 12:60 is the same as 1:5, pretty good odds I will pull one T2.
    Night Maintenance is primarily because of cost. I may borrow some if anybody at my BRs has pulled em, but for now I think they will be OK, also Night Maintenance is a guaranteed effect, unlike Time-Space. I usually only get 1 heads w/ Time-Space, BUT you are right, it's faster and overall better.

4. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

lol 4 of everything.. You need more basics

5. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

no more basics, also i think dual ball works better than great ball, with 4 mentor flipping 2 tails doesn't hurt and getting all your basics out fast is the focal point of using quick ball, so the chance of getting 2 outweighs the risk of getting none IMO plus the attack power IS based off of how many of them you have in play, space time is a good idea for this deck but night maintenence is so necessary that i would want at least 3, but i don't forget that this deck depends more on you getting set up fast to deal heavy damage than the importance of mid-late game consistency

6. The Captain

The Captain New Member

i think mentor in this deck is inferior to pokemon fan club. with ccf and great ball 2 baisics is plenty and the discard really hurts at times, i would only run 3 its truely garbage late game.

also
    -1 cessation
    -1 plus power

+1 strength charm
    +1buffer piece
    +1 rowan[works great in mine]

also give pokedex handy a good look it's acctually decent in this deck

7. bonsly1994

bonsly1994 New Member

What are you going to do about empoleon decks? They OHKO your pokemon... just letting you
    know so you can try and prepare:D I'd go with Steven's. I'd reccomend a little more draw power...
    it's lacking draw...

8. Professor Elm

Maybe so.
    BUT, you must remember that this deck is the fastest deck out there. Plenty of things out there can do a constant 80+. It's not that hard, BUT this deck capitalizes on grabbing that early 2-4 prize lead to stop the opponent from setting up more than 2-3 threats. It can 2HKO most Pokemon anyway, AND w/ 4 Night Maintenance you can recover from a lost Tune somewhat easily.

9. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

I've wanted to try kriketune problem is late game i dont think this deck can really do much damage...It worries me to get the fast start, do plenty of damage only to have an ape come out and KO 2-3 kriketune in 2-3 turns.

10. drrty byl

drrty byl New Member

What happens if 1 [or 2] of your kricketot are prized?

11. Professor Elm

Island Hermit to increase your chances of drawing 1 as a prize.
    Having 1 prize is OK, you can still 2HKO most things.
    Having 2 prized is just REALLY unfortunate.

12. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

even if 2 are prized, you set up really fast and KO them through pluspower/str charm.

you beat them up so fast its funny.

I.LOVE.THIS.DECK.

13. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

you thrive on TSD. you need em man i know there hard to get but u need em

14. Professor Elm

I don't plan to get 4 any time soon, so Night Maintenance will suffice.
    I may borrow em from somebody, but until then it's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.