LA scans! First Batch! 2 Lv.X per box!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Brawler, Aug 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
  2. Scipio

Scipio New Member

2 X's per box? I kind of predicted that, given the huge amount of X's in this set.
    Good news nonetheless.

3. charchar

charchar New Member

Yes! now i can get lvl.xs easier...

4. Brawler

Yeah. Setlist turned out a little unexpected.

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

There is no way to tell how many lv.Xs come in a box from opening a single box, unless it's actually written on the box some how.

I'd say there is still chances to pull just 1 lv.X, but I guess if your lucky, you could also pull 3 lv.Xs.

6. Brawler

Prime is correct, except now we will always get a Lv.X in an LA box.

Same with japanese boxes. You could pull 2 if you're unlucky, 3 if you're normal, and 4 if you're very lucky.

7. codyrocks1995

codyrocks1995 New Member

theres still goign to t be some awsome LV.x
    im going to get a closer seat soo i might be able to get a LV.x
    lol

8. Killax

Killax New Member

Man this is awsome, thanks for the good news!

To bad I still favour the next set because it will make my deck, that much better :D

9. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

yes! 2 lvxs per box

10. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

That's not accuracte, like we said, you could still only get one.

oh and...Magnezone Lv.X...*drools*

11. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

ERGH, I was hoping for 3 Lv. X's, like most Japanese boxes, but that's fine...

12. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

I think I'll forget about prereleases and just buy a few boxes now that the Lv.X ratio has finally been increased. :clap: WMP posted that the Lv.X's average 2 per box, so that means the ratio ranges from 1-3. Very nice.
    ~Cyber~

13. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

im guessing 14 X's a case... so 2.3 Lv.X's per box? 3 if you're lucky?

14. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Yeah, which is very nice, however, why skip out on a Prerelease. It is fun, you get LA cards, and, you can trade, which i did ALOT of at our MD Prerelease

15. Rocketman

Rocketman New Member

20 pack boxes.......

16. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Oh wow, 2 LvXs per box!
    It's not like we used to get 6 exes per box when there were the same number of exes in the set as there are LvXs in this set.
    :nonono:

17. Tego

Tego New Member

Wait, in expansions that had 7 Pokémon-ex, you got all but one in just ONE box? o_O

18. Mystery Thing

Mystery Thing Administrator

Yeah, but that made it virtually impossible to get a solid number of the holos you wanted. That and all of the -ex when they still did that stunk in a major way (with the exception of Gardy).

19. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

No, your wrong. Japanese Boxes are completely different from the USA boxes. First off, I didn't open one MD box that didn't have more or less than 1 Lv. X. Secondly, the fact is you may pull 3, but 4 or 1 is very unlikely. I find that 2 is going to be the norm. Think about it this way. Lv. X rarity is about the same rarity as what Ex's were. So if you consider Legend Maker had 7 ex's and it was 2 ex's per box, it would be basic logic based on what POP/PUI has done in the past that there would be 2 per box in this set.

Drew

20. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Uh, no.

They have always set up the rarity to make it so that three boxes give you a shot at getting the complete set.
    There was one print run where they accidentally had too many * Pokemon, and the first print run of R&S that had one ex for every three packs, but that was about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.