Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

.:LeafTar:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

Basically this deck is the new version of Flariados. Hope you all like it :)

Pokemon: 22

Espeon Prime x 1
Umbreon (CoL) x 1
Leafeon (CoL) x 4
Eevee (UD) x 4

Magmortar (SV) x 4
Magmar (CoL) x 4

Uxie x 2

Skuntank G x 1

Unown Q x 1

TSS: 26

Seeker x 4
Super Scoop Up x 4
Dual Ball x 3
Broken Time Space x 3
Pokemon Communication x 3
Bebe's Search x 3
Vs Seeker x 2
Professor Oak's Visit x 2
Luxury Ball x 1
Professor Oak's New Theory x 1

Energies: 12

Rainbow Energy x 4
Call Energy x 4
Grass Energy x 4

Strategy:

In the first turn Eevee's Call for Family or the Call Energy's effect help you set up the bench. Dual Balls allow more flexibilty to drawing basics. Boken Time Space allows you to start the combo on your 2nd turn if you go first, it is also possible to get it going on your first turn if your opponent goes first. Magmortars can evolve the turn they have been Scooped Up or Seeked. Skuntank G allows for a 150 damage from Leafeon's attack. However you should try and evolve Eevee after you have used Skuntank's G Power or retreat for a new Leafeon off the bench. In some cases this doesn't really make a difference as 90HP isn't a lot so it won't matter wether Leafeon's Poisoned or not.

Since Vilegar shuts off the majority of the deck's trainer engine, Umbreon can hold it's ground against it all day long if you keep using Moonlight Fang as Spiritomb, Gengar and Vileplume all have Powers and Bodies. Gengar is also weak to it.

The deck shouldn't really suffer donks from Machamp, however Espeon Prime greatly improves the match-up.

Steelix can prove to be quite annoying as the's decks strategy is Special Conditions. In this case you need to either donk before they evolve of use Magmortar as the main attacker.

Dialgachomp can also turn off your trainers for a while and also stop you powers from time to time. Try to get early donks while they are still building their Dialga. Magmortar also helps in this match-up. As for the powers the maximum number of times they can stop them is 4 so with the resources this deck has for the rinse and repeat process for Magmortar's Power you should be fine.

Thank You for your time.
Opinions are greatly appreciated :)

I like this deck. :)
It's like My leafeon/Roserade deck :) I didn't know about skuntank G when I ran it though... But. you could tech in a dialga G for the steelix Matchup... take out the Unknown Q and a SSU for that. If you don't have alot of Steelix in your area, you COULD switch that for a Blaziken FB lvX... which would make you do 140 damage unbelted with only your Magmortar (taking out the use of your Skuntank... seeing as belted it would do 160.) Blaziken would also allow for switching out unfavorable matchups with FB's attack.
That is all for me. :) looks good dude! :D

Why on earth would you put in Dialga G, Lv. X for Steelix? Blaziken FB, Lv. X or Magmortar are both perfectly acceptable ways to trash Steelix without having to add in Dialga G, and the Magmortar is already in here anyway. I'd stick with that. :)

Haha idk :p i was just going off ideas in the past. It is basically my steelix counter all around... I was using a deck (for fun) that I proxied it in.
the deck was a seviper, Skuntank G, Muk (the one that heals when a status is on him... to lazy to look up set). :)
the only problem with using Magmortar in this deck is the lack of available energy. :\ 4 rainbow...
But, if you can get them out there, :) great!

But. No disputes on the Blaziken? :)

Not really sure that Blaziken would fit in the deck. I see your point about lack of energy for Magmortar but it only needs 1 Fire so it's not much of problem.

Yeah. that's true... but it would be difficult to set up fast enough to take out a steelix setup...

And Blaziken would fit quite well in this deck (in my opinion). If you start with it, you will be able to disrupt (switching out) and retreat when needed. Or if you don't (prefered) you could start with a starter (jirachi/sableye/whatever) and switch them out (unknown Q or Jirachi's free retreat) to blaziken, then disrupt for a turn or two whilst you level him up, then switch out to start a combo. Blaziken would also add for a good attacker against steelix.
Also, With Blaziken, it could quite easily turn into a 2 turn combo attack with a Gliscor that burns then goes into the hand, then send out the one that blocks level-up/evo healing, then free retreat to a belted leafeon for 110 damage... If blaziken pulled someone who has a big retreat cost, then it would be super difficult for them to heal/switch out... (Blaziken is kinda situational, but i think it does more help than harm)

Blaziken can be hard to set up, and with so little fire energy he'd have the same problem as Magmortar, only potentially worse. You can't even luring flame without a fire energy.

You could take out a Call Energy for 1 Fire Energy and add in a Cyrus's Conspiracy either way.
And plus, all you'd need to do was Level it up to do 40 more damage to burned foes... it's not like you'd NEED to attack with it anyways... Magmortar burns them, and Leafeon attacks.

I might give Blaziken a try to see how it does, I'm also considering adding a Rescue Energy or two.

Blaziken would make the deck too slow. You'll need to run Candy to get it out. You're fine the way you are. Since you're going the Skuntank G way, you might want to run some other Stadiums other then BTS because everyone is using them.

Actually the Blaziken mentioned is the SP so there won't be any need for rare candies. You do have a point regarding the stadiums...but which ones? The one that came to mind was Dawn Stadium.

my energy line was something like....

4 rescue
4 call
4 rainbow

and 1-1 roserade and shaymin (celebration). i lost hard to gengar and just kinda gave up on it =\

Actually the Blaziken mentioned is the SP so there won't be any need for rare candies. You do have a point regarding the stadiums...but which ones? The one that came to mind was Dawn Stadium.

I'd run 2 or 3 Dawn Stadiums. Its really a need for this deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back