Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

League Season 4 Promo (normal and winner): Holo Darkness Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterioustrainer

We interrupt this program to bring you this important news flash:

The season four promo for the 2003-2004 Pokemon league is Darkness energy. It is holographic. It is the exact card for EX: Ruby and Sapphire (including symbol, rarity and number), not the promo symbol. Both the normal and the winner is this card.

I would mind getting some more darkness in the new style but come on, where are some new promos for league...

Ahhhhhh!

We now return you to your normal broadcasting...

The previous message is brought to you by......Smeargle's Multi-Colored Masterpieces. Let Smeargle Color your Pokemon World and Even Yourself!!!! Then you are your own masterpiece!!! :D

Now back to topic. If you would ask me, that is good for Nintendo to add a new card to give. A holographic darkness (and hopefully having thw winner and best symbol) is hgood enough for me.

Still....a good card scan could be coming soon. :cool:

Ug. What a waste. Especially when they could have used more 7-11 promos, especially Flygon. Least Darkness Energy (& Metal Energy) aren't as powerful as they were before.

And Jan's promo will be Metal? :lol:

Do remember that even if we see "new" promos,it will take some time to see them(and we should due to the vast amount of negative feedback to these...reprints).They have so many planned,agreed to,etc...that it will be some time before we would see the "new" promos.

`Sensei

I see this reprint as a good thing. A lot of the younger players in my league have trouble getting Dark Energy to use for there decks. This makes it a little easier for that. Also don't forget, Wizards when they had Pokemon usually didn't run league during the winter. So at least we are getting something. That may be the reason for the non-new card. I would be all for Metal Energy in January, but then new cards after that would be a must.

So the participation card is RH? And the Winner card is non-holo with the "Winner" stamp? But it has the R&S set symbol, number, et. al., and not the Promo blackstar#...

hmmmm......

Good point Derek.I have had several members ask around for more Metal and or Darkness energies.Alot of the kids don`t have a lot of money to keep buying packs in the hopes of getting one.You are right that it is a good thing for the Darkness(and Metal if they do that as well).What I think would be a really great would be have the 100 pt promo be one card and the Winner promo as another.That way we would have more diversity and also an added incentive to get the Winner promos.

`Sensei

Just to help clarify the promos a bit -

Both the winner stamped and non winner stamped cards are holo Darkness Energy. The winner stamp is just above the text for the card - but both cards are holo.

They use the # and expansion symbol from EX: Ruby & Sapphire.

I'll have scans of the cards up on Pokeschool tomorrow.

Well, this is kinda 2 sided for me. I hate the idea of ANOTHER reprint promo. But on the other hand, I have been wanting actual holo english Darkness energy, I mean RH Dark was nice, but I want holo!!! Japan has had them ever since VS (I should know I have some) and they look so much better in my opinion. Well at least I can get english Holo Darks, would be nice to get a new card though.....

At least the reprinted promo is a rare holo this time. That's a big improvement. Hopefully, well soon start to see some new, never-before-released promos.

This is the most annoying reprint yet. I was alright, about as alright as I could have been, with the other reprints since I had the belief we'd get new promos, but reprinting this? Darkness, Metal, and Rainbow energy have become very easy to come by. It isn't like the days of Team Rocket or Neo Genesis when they were rares and holo-rares. This one will definitely turn players away from the leagues (at the very least, they'll be leaving mine)

ShadowCard said:
This is the most annoying reprint yet. I was alright, about as alright as I could have been, with the other reprints since I had the belief we'd get new promos, but reprinting this? Darkness, Metal, and Rainbow energy have become very easy to come by. It isn't like the days of Team Rocket or Neo Genesis when they were rares and holo-rares. This one will definitely turn players away from the leagues (at the very least, they'll be leaving mine)

Dark and Metal energy are still rare and fairly hard to get. I think this is a 1 month deal anyway, because alot of stores stop league in December, because it takes room from the holiday shoppers. Besides, we still got new promos for 3 straight months, which is better than Wizards did when they started league.

Okay Nintendo has hit a new low. Can't wait to see the promo for january be a psychic energy. One thing I wish it was was recycle energy. Now that would be a nice addition to this metagame.

mmm, Darkness thats fine, Remember, I think the Nintendo is aiming the league at the YOUNGER audience, they re-print the starters from R/S, and now there helping there decks because they don't have the money for a good stack of them or something ....

~truK

Prime said:
One thing I wish it was was recycle energy. Now that would be a nice addition to this metagame.

I whole-heartedly agree. Recycle was a VERY good special energy.

I don't mind the darkness energy, it could help some littler kids out some, as long as this is a one-time thing. No reprint of Metal Energy please.

I guess it could come in use. With the new dark energy being released in R/S, I had to swap out the old dark for the new dark and sometimes people don't have the new energy to swap it out for. So Dark is alright. Please let them bring back Recycle Energy and maybe even Double Colorless energy lol.

Nice seeing you again Red5bv06

Last edited:
Someone please clarify, is it an actual HOLO, or just a Reverse Holo...

I will be severely disapointed in RH Darks.... I want an actual HOLO Dark, lik emy above post mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back