Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

lengendary training advisments

Smeargle1

hey guys, i'm here to help you if you have trouble training your lengendaries or if you need to know what kind of moves you should teach them. for instance:

zoroark:
night daze
flamethrower
aerial ace
shadow claw

make sure that with this strategy, you have it with the adament nature, balancing out the stats. this way, night daze and flamethrower hit as equally as aerial ace and shadow claw.

hey guys, i'm here to help you if you have trouble training your lengendaries or if you need to know what kind of moves you should teach them. for instance:

zoroark:
night daze
flamethrower
aerial ace
shadow claw

make sure that with this strategy, you have it with the adament nature, balancing out the stats. this way, night daze and flamethrower hit as equally as aerial ace and shadow claw.

While a decent attempt, the problem with this is that Adamant also lowers SpA, which weakens Zoroark's flamethrower. If you really wanted to go with a mixed set, it would be better to run something like Lonely or Hasty instead.

i know that it weakens it, so i thought it would balance out the stats, thereby making it an all-around.

---------- Post added 07/27/2013 at 08:48 AM ----------

actually you're right, you should give it lonely instead of adament and have it have the sturdy body charachteristic.

Normally you want to make a Pokemon good at what they are doing so you dont want to willingly cripple them. You may want to go full special with. Everything Shadow Claw will hit for super effective damage, Night Daze hits harder and hits for STAB.

shadow claw can hit harder with high critical hit rate. not to mention physical moves will put in attack effort points.

If you're hoping to impress someone with this set, I'm afraid you'll be waiting a while. For a Pokemon like Zoroark, it just doesn't have the stats to be mixed and go about it well. Sure, it looks impressive, but usually a Pokemon such as Zoroark is best suited for one thing alone, either pure physical or pure special.

Aerial Ace and Flamethrower on the same set? I don't really understand why. They have such similar coverage, it's rare that you'll be in a situation where you actually would want to sacrifice the boost you get from EVs and nature for Aerial Ace, since it has such a lower power.

Shadow Claw's crit rate does not make it as good as Night Daze, or even Dark Pulse. It's abysmal in comparison, as it doesn't get STAB, and you're playing off a weaker stat. If you want a physical move, you'd rather want Foul Play. While that is risky and uses the opponent's attack stat, it's still better than Shadow Claw. Again, it's just not worth it to sacrifice purity for this. If you really want a physical move, use U-turn for its scouting and convenience and use a Rash or a Mild nature (Naive or Hasty also would work).

thank's for the vote of confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

well, if you have any requests, such as lugia or anything, i can come up with a stat-, move-, or battle-set.

solarbeam covers two of its weaknesses: water and ground. you can't cover the fighting type weakness. your best bet is to give it toxic and a chople berry. flash cannon can be useful considering that heatran has pretty good special attack and flash cannon weakens special defence. lava plume can be used in the event of a double battle where your ally has flash fire. if not, go with flamethrower or earth power. since you have a burning attack and hopefully flame body, a lonely nature would be preferable. that good enough for ya?

Thanks for a vote of encouragement. Physhock's a killer, close combat is amazing, moon blast whynaut, and geomancy. A power herb would be handy and you should have a quiet or rash nature. Try it this time instead of judging by the cover.

Back