Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lion's Worlds Report- Chain Lightning!

LionheartEX

Worlds 3rd year in a row. This was my best Worlds ever with a 4-3 record using a "random" deck as the World likes to call it. I named it Chain Lightning- this is a WoW thing crossed with how the deck functions using Scott, Castaway and Raikou.

Deck- Chain Lightning
4x Pachirisu
4x Raikou
3x Zapdos
2x Rotom
1x Mudkip CG (LOLOL)
3x Scott
3x Castaway
3x Holon Mentor
3x Crystal Beach
3x Cessation Crystal
2x Lake Boundary
2x Warp Point
1x Time Space Distortion
25x lightning energy

Round 1 - Anna from Nederlands; Empozong
Started strong regardless of not having ANY supporters for 7 turns. She abused Bronzings which started to take the toll and it came down to 2 prizes a piece. She dual splashed 2 Zapdos to win... I accidentally discarded my Mudkip >.<;;

0-1

Round 2 - Fabrizo from Italy; Flygon ex δ
I cried... I really did. It came back to haunt me. I'm all basic Pokemon :\. Whats worse is that I didnt get ANY energy for 6 turns...out of 25 energy. I got owned.

0-2

Round 3 - Luca from Switzerland; Plox
Early Raikou and I tore through his early setup. I couldn't drop Cess without fear of his lone Pachi so it wasn't an easy battle midway through. However I came out on top.

1-2

Round 4 - Patrick from Switzerland; Skittles
Ahh I love Patrick- really such a cool guy and has been every year. I faced him in 06 and he gave me a beating... I felt I had to return the favor :p I open with a lone Raikou and attatch an energy. He has Ho-oh and togepi out... at this point I call him out- I know he has the candy and kiss in his hand... he draws.. he drops the candy... I cry... until he only gets 3 different types of energy. My heart skipped several beats- I was alive! Next turn I dropped the mentor, searched out Rotom and 2 Raikou, then proceeded to go to town on him, dropping a cess whenever I KOed a Ho-Oh. Afterwards he gave me a pack of Skittles LOL

2-2

Round 5 - Jay from US; Plox
This was a close match... about midway through I misplayed and could have KOed Gallade with Zapdos but risked Raikou and left him on 10hp. He didn't have much backup so if I KOed Gallade I could have won.

2-3

Round 6 - Steffen from Denmark; Empomastar
Lake Boundary was dropped. Penguins were destroyed. It wasn't a hard match but I saw several Empoleons come out. Omastar did nothing to me so in addition to being Lightning, I had a huge advantage

3-3

Round 7 - ??? from US; Plox
He started with 4 Ralts and no supporters. I started with Pachi, Mentor, Scott and several energy. God hand, GG.

4-3

I came like 63rd? I don't recall, but it was around there. I ended up on the same record or above than many players who played Plox or Empozong, with a unique deck, so I'm happy. I proved you don't need to archetype to be impressive.

Not bad at all considering what was out there. Everyone was impressed with the idea as well as the guts it took to actually use it (I had a lot of people come up to me "Were you the one with the Raikou deck?" or "So this is the Raikou deck everyone is talking about"). Next year I'll T32 should I make it. I'm confident now that if I prepare properly I can do much better. In addition, the format looks better.

Thanks to David and Adam for helping me out- you 2 are always lifesavers for deck ideas. I have a small gift for you two- it's not much at all but it's a small token. Especially Adam who has been there for me since 06. Thanks to Sean for letting me go as his guardian too. I wouldn't have been there without you and may you have better luck next year. Seriously, we were 50/50 in our playtesting and he always played perfectly, but he got fail starts. Thanks to Grinbag for representing Australia on the judge team! It's great to see you there :)

Where to from now? Well, for one, I like a LOT of the new cards... we might even see Deoxys reborn. I also like Glaceon so I'm going to start from there. Empalkia too. A lot of good ideas are brewing. See everyone at the premier events this year. You'll see how much a good Worlds can change a player.

Props:
Seeing all the regular faces again: Mike, Maurice, Kev, Arco, Patrick, Kristel, Timmy, Jimmy, Youhe (spelling..Sean?) and many many more (sorry if I forgot/left you out...it's been a long 48 hours... I even had to break into my own house so you can tell how strung up I am). You guys make Worlds for me and keep me pushing to be better every year.

Meeting NEW faces- Tina, Anthony and Lip Yee. You guys are awesome... so much Lulz

Australia going really well this year. Next year we'll progress to higher levels.

Mr. Choong for his support for all of Asia Pacific. It's good to see a parent so supportive and involved

Me being pro and going Rogue, matching the record of many other high level players and plox/empozong decks.

Sean and Andrew's ranomness lol

Slops:
My leg is swolen and it hurts
I had to break into my own house
My TV failing to play my Wii in color... I can't play Brawl Properly QQ.
Delayed at LA for 12 hours... AGAIN

Probably more slops/props but right now I want to collapse.

Last edited:
Hey we played in the side event Saturday. I was playing Gardy. It was cool meeting you and you have an interesting deck concept. ;)

Marcus, I had doubt about this deck in the GG heavy environment (only deck you would smash easily would be Empoleons) But hey, 4-3? Amazing result... remember, I am still have better result than you ... again :p I sould have made Top 32 if wasnt for that one HUGE misplay i made during my last round when I was 4-2 at that point... lol....... But Major props to you for doing better than it was before... Cya in San Diego 2009 where we can actually fight for the title of being the first Australian on making Top Cut in Masters... lol. Talk to ya later sometimes =D

to be honest raj, never thought you could win more than 2 games with the deck.
u did well (finally)

Since when do you call me "Raj". You hang out with the YGO players too much -.-

ColdCoates90 said:
Hey we played in the side event Saturday. I was playing Gardy. It was cool meeting you and you have an interesting deck concept. ;)

Haha yeah, good to play against and meet you too.

And Jason, results mean nothing. I matched your record with a Bondi deck. We shall indeed see at Worlds next year.

EDIT: Bondi is like our top gaming team in Australia. They share strats with me and I carry them out... for those that were confused.

Still marcus
Before 7th round, I was at 4-2 and you? 3-3. And I misplayed FTL. So you know I should have made top cut if wasnt for the damn misplay :(

Yes for the past two years, Lionheart has ignored Team Bondi's advice and played archtypes... tsk tsk :p. Finally we get through and he gets a strong result :D. Although this was David's idea that really only started working after DP5 allowed Zapdos (after our nationals, he had to play Latios and grass energy before).

Odd though this build plays much fewer energy than David's build, he went with 33 or something ridiculous, just so those situations with Gallade that you mentioned didn't happen and he always had a back up cus he attached 4 energy a turn. It was funny because A) it was rogue and B) it had more energy than a theme deck and still did well. Still the deck obviously worked fine as built here :D.

It's just a shame with Mudkip and Scott being rotated and Mewtwo lvl x the deck doesn't really work in the new format. Oh wells.

Still marcus
Before 7th round, I was at 4-2 and you? 3-3. And I misplayed FTL. So you know I should have made top cut if wasnt for the damn misplay :(

you WERE 4-2. But oh well we both went 4-3. The difference is how the players played it out and decktested before the event, knowing their deck 100%. This is how one prevents misplays. I failed at it. So did you- we are no better than eachother. You went 50 something with an Archetype came 60 something with an original strategy. We both made one misplay which cost us top cuts.

It's these misplays that define our skill and ability. You can't use it as an excuse. We all misplay.

Bondi will continue to challenge and match Archetypes blow for blow, and will be able to present Australia's top players this season by using unique ideas and attempting to take out the Archetypes. This is Australia...we HAVE no metagame! If you can match one of us with an Underused/Unkown Strategy, then we'll talk about how results are concerned, however right now it looks perfectly balanced.

Team Bondi: Bringing random decks to take out the meta since 06. Too bad... I should have used my original decks for worlds the prev years...

Hi,

As a fellow rogue player, I would like to congratulate you on an awesome performance with a very rogue deck.

Bondi will continue to challenge and match Archetypes blow for blow, and will be able to present Australia's top players this season by using unique ideas and attempting to take out the Archetypes. This is Australia...we HAVE no metagame! If you can match one of us with an Underused/Unkown Strategy, then we'll talk about how results are concerned, however right now it looks perfectly balanced.
Everywhere in Australia except Brisbane have no metagame. It's Brisbane that is the only place in Australia that is similar to America etc. Whenever you play in Brisbane, you have to metagame it.

Hi..
Just to get this right I (steffen) is from Denmark!!! Luca is swiss and Patrick is also swiss :p

Hope to cya at next worlds !!

lmao top gaming team? maybe thats cuz ur the only australian team....
and are you sure Umbreon ex with battle frontier was an archetype?

I loved your deck, so original.

It's crap you've got delayed but I think it is a general thing of flying to or from worlds for a lot of foreign players.

I will see you next year Marcus.

-Timmy-

Haha thanks Steffen. Fixed it.

Aaron: It was a teched out deck designed for LBS... I had 3 wins in 06... the only LBS decks I played against IIRC.

Timmy: I know being delayed fails. But I can't get delayed at LA next year because I don't have to fly out from there... just a shuttle ride or whatever now. Will see you next year for sure.

Tina: Curse your 4 Windstorms :p

Back