Loud Punch

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Zezeta, Feb 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zezeta

Zezeta New Member

This is a deck I thought up and it needs some work. I haven't play tested it but I think it might work pretty well. Sorry if someone's already posted a deck like this.

POKEMON (18)

Riolu x3
    Lucario x3
    Lucario Lv. X x1

Whismur x3
    Loudred x2
    Exploud x3

Pachirisu x3

TRAINERS (26)

Night Maintenance x2
    Rare Candy x2
    Premier Ball x2
    Warp Point x3
    Plus Power x4
    Strength Charm x2
    Scott x2
    Bebe’s Search x2
    Felicitys Draw x2
    Rosanne's Research x2
    Drake’s Stadium x2

ENERGY (16)

Fighting Energy x12
    Scramble x2
    Boost x2

STRATEGY:

The point of the deck is to get Exploud and Lucario Lv.X out as quick as possible and use both of them to attack your oppents pokemon and their bench.

There are a few trainers in the deck that are there for Exploud because Gallade can fully KO Exploud with only flipping 2 prize cards. The switch's are there move Exploud out of the way if I run into Gallade (which will be quite often I imagine). Also the Drake's Stadium makes Gallade flip one more prize to fully KO Exploud and that can make a difference because if they have to flip 3 prizes they can only fully knock out 2 Explouds versus 3 if I don't have Drake's Stadium.

Like I said before this deck still needs a lot of work but I think it could be pretty good deck with some work. Let me all know what you think.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Don't run Dre's in a Lucario deck. 30+10 to bench is terrible. And run a 331 Lucario. Better stability.

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

I agree 100% with Hectagonman. Also, I'd make the Lucario line 3-3-1. And switch the Switches with Warp Points.

4. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

Go with a few scramble instead of DRE. Because you're spreading damage, you probably will be behind on prizes at some point.

5. Rin

Rin New Member

all galade is going to do is sonic blade your exploud, demolish your lucario, and then pick it off with a gardevoir later. i guess exploud can do 70 pretty consistantly with a boost, but otherwise.. its a pretty slow 60 with a dre's. also, ambient noise doesn't take prizes quickly enough. if you want to spread damage, magmorter is a lot stronger then lucario and the fire energy would allow you to use holonFF.

6. fragnito

fragnito New Member

riolu is a much better starter in a deck meant to be fast than pachirisu

7. Rin

Rin New Member

i just don't see how a riolu's going to help win the game.. you have to flip a coin. at least magmar can do a garanteed 20 turn 1. lucario's just a little too weak to be played right now.

8. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

i agree with the 3-3-1 change, thats a good idea.
    replace the DRE with boost or maybe even holon ff with a few fire.
    about the riolu vs. pachirisu as starter, i picture it as either one you start with youre kinda set. just two different good starts instead of one.

9. Zezeta

Zezeta New Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll work on it some more and post a revised deck later tonight or tomorrow.

I know it will still get killed by G&G, but what doesn't now a days. I really don't know how it will play because I don't have the cards to fully test it right now, but it's more of a fun deck that I hope can be somewhat competitive. Who knows it might play great or it could totally suck. Sometimes you just never know until you play test it a few times.

If anyone plays a deck like this let me know how well it works because I would be interested to see how well it does.

10. gargoyle131

gargoyle131 New Member

One of the problems you'll face is getting out basics if you don't get a Pachi out early enough, so I'd put in some Great Ball/Rosannes/Holon Mentor in.

11. Zezeta

Zezeta New Member

Alright. I changed the deck around with all your suggestions. It's looking better but it still might need some work.

I did consider changing the Lucario line to a Magmortor line but I just dont know if I'll be able to get the energy on him quick enough without a deck built solely for him. If you have any suggestions on how to work Magmortor in I would love to give him a try though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.