Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Loyal (get to know the list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny B

People wouldn't stop hyfing about Garchomp DP2. So i took a second look at it. and its xtremley powerfull. I'll provide translations later. Anyways, heres the list (get 2 know it)

HP-On Modified format:

Pokemon: 20

2x :metal: Nidoran DF
2x :metal: Nidorina DF
2x :metal: Nidoqueen DF (Invitation)

4x :colorless Gible MT
2x :colorless Gabite MT
4x :colorless Garchomp MT

4x :colorless Smeargle MT

Energy: 16

2x Boost Energy
3x Psychic Energy
3x Water Energy
2x Lightning Energy
2x Grass Energy
2x Fire Energy
2x Fighting Energy

Trainers: 24

4x Celios Network
4x Rare Candy
3x TVR
2x Cast Away
2x Strenghth Charm/Plus Power
3x Night Maintence
2x Prof. Rowan/ Team Galctics Bet
3x Windstorm
1x Warp Point

TRANSLATIONS:
---------------------------------
Garchomp L.66 – Colorless – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gabite

Poke-Body: Rainbow Scale
If your opponent’s Active Pokemon has a Weakness corresponding to an Energy card attached to Garchomp, any damage done to that Pokemon by Garchomp is increased by 40. This body stops working if Garchomp has any Special Energy cards attached to it.

[C][C][C] Dragon Fang: 70 damage.

Weakness: Colorless (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
STRATEGY/

Start with Smeargle (Hopefully). If not, Gible has an attack called 'Knock Away' which can switch the opponents defending pokemon (there good start Chingling/Budew/Holon Castform for an unintentional pokemon start). Nidoran is an even more crappy start, so stall with tail whip.

Also, get out a nidoqueen. three reasons.
1. Mostly for 'Invitation'. Once out on bench, you can gradually set-up your Garchomp lines everyturn
2. He can be used with boost energy, and any of the other energys
3. Hes a great late-game attacker, and a second ofence.

Then, do 110 damadge a turn with Chomp with 130 HP = beast

(translations from PokeBeach)

Are current HP-On Opponents are the following:

Infercatty
MARIO
R-Gon
T2Kriketune
Electivier Lv.X (KazamBolts list)

And this deck powns them all (execpt maybe T2 Kriketune on the tougher side).
With Strenghth Charm, Garchomp HOKO's Infernape lv.x and Electrivier Lv.x.
Hes really a beast. What are your thoughts?
You may also make segestions and ratings to this list in addition.
Thanks for all the help! (Please don't segest Garchomp Lv.X. Intell we find out if hes coming out for sure, will stick to the regular hard butt-kicking texas-ranger Garchomp [MT])

~Daniel

Last edited:
Don't run so many energy. Just run the ones that match the weaknesses of the decks you'll play against. Basically run water ('nape), psychic (Mario), Fighting ('vire), & fire (Kricketune).

I don't get why people think Garchomp is so good.

110 damage, so WHAT?

That's not gamebreaking.

GameGuys right, and hardly any pokemons weak to metal/dark anyways.

gameguy: But if the oppoenent isn't playing any of thoes decks, i'm sorta skrewed

Dom~Jordan: In this HP-On format, its very good (for 3 energys)

EDIT/

Added Strategy

GameGuys right, and hardly any pokemons weak to metal/dark anyways.

gameguy: But if the oppoenent isn't playing any of thoes decks, i'm sorta skrewed

Dom~Jordan: In this HP-On format, its very good (for 3 energys)

EDIT/

Added Strategy

There's enough dark/metal weakness to warrant playing of them, unless you're attempting to make Garchomp even worse by limiting his attack

I'd say being in HP-on is worse for it. If anything that's the reason why, so much with 130+HP, if you're not pulling off consistant OHKOs, its nothing more than a prize swap with most big S2s, they're using DREs and you'll having nothing ready once the first or at least second Chomp goes down. It can't keep up with the pace. Awful card.

HP-on is gonna be very much a beatdown format the way things are going.

EDIT: Oh, and not to mention, that Smeargle isn't even in DP2, gonna need to rethink this a bit for now.

This may sound weird, but I would use it with something that does Energy accelaration.

2-1-2 Typhlosion might be nice then use it with 2-2 Delcatty or speed. Garchomp has Free Retreat so it is easy to setup and then Use your Castaway Engine to grabe the "Weakness" of your opponent nad the rest can be used fro Energy Draw. Stone's mat actually work really well here as you can get 2 Basic nrg.. Grab a Fire for energy Draw and the other for the Weakness Matchup. Just a thought! GL

-1 Psychic
-1 Water
-1 Nidorina
-1 Gabite
-3 TVR
-1 Windstorm
-1 Night Maintenance
-4 Smeargle

+2 Mysterious Fossil
+2 Aerodactyl d
+4 Some damage spreading/bench hitting basics? Maybe stuff like Rayquaza EX/Absol EX
+2 Steven's Advice
+1 Prof. Rowan
+1 Team Galactic's Bet
+1 Copycat

Aerodactyl will get whatever energies you need via his power, so you don't have to waste turns with Smeargle's energy searching attack. The bench hitting basics will help setting up KOs for later if you're up against decks with 130-160 HP stage 2's. And then Steven's and the three hand refreshers is just what I would run in this kind of deck, if you prefer TV Reporter that's cool too, it doesn't make too much of a difference but I think the Steven's/hand refreshers would keep your hand at a more decent size throughout the game.

I like the Aerodactyl idea! It is great for an energy searching deck. Absol ex would be my choice for the bench hitter.

KazamBolt/Jayson/iinin hero/

NO AERODACTYLE! great idea , but maybe not.
Shall I'll I explain?

Smeargle gets 3 of any basic energy. Sure aerodactyle can use it as a power, but thats lame because aerodactyles a stage 1, and smeargles a basic! And smeargle gets 3 (energyless), just perfect for Garchomp! not 1....And remember, when a mysterious fossil is knocked out...
the opponent takes a prize (the new rule i think)

Plus i would have nothing to start with , so smeargles the starter in this deck sence theres no aerodacytle. sure i could add dactyle AND a starter line, but that would push my pokemon line wayyyy out there. I have thought of a 1-1 line before.
MARIO + T2K load damadge onto Garchomp...i'd rather sacrafice a Smeargle then a Garchomp...

~Daniel

Last edited:
The one issue I see with relying on Smeargle is that he is DP3 not DP2 ... and that DP3 will likely be a febuary release to go with the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back