Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucario Lv.X

millionkp

When you play Lucario LV.X and use Stance, it can't be damaged. THen, you use close combat. You have lucario on your bench and your opponent's active is Empoleon. Will Ice Blade do 30 extra because close combat says "any damage done to Lucario is increased by 30?"

Just wanted to know.

All effects are removed when a Pokemon goes to the bench for any reason. This would include Stance, as well as the extra damage from Close Combat.

So let me make sure I get your situation properly:

1. Lucario LvX uses Stance and attacks with Close Combat
  2. Opponent uses something to send Lucario LvX to the bench (Warp Point, etc.)
  3. Opponent attacks Lucario LvX with Ice Blade

In this case, Ice Blade would do 40.

I wasn't sure, either, which is why I spelled out what I thought he was saying.

If that's the actual question, then the answer is still 40. It's a case of the self-referencing rule. "30 extra damage to Lucario" means "30 extra damage to this Lucario".

Im fairly certain that stance is also refears to lucario, so the effect would remain.

No.
When a pokemon's attack or Power refers to itself by name, it always, always, always means just itself.

You can see the difference from things like Kricketune's attack where it is clear that it is talking about all Kricketunes and not just itself by using the word "each"

An effect referring to itself means that it effecs only the pokemon the text is printed on. It referes to itself, so know other lucario gets involved in the effect.

Unless it states "All other lucario" ect....

No.
When a pokemon's attack or Power refers to itself by name, it always, always, always means just itself.

You can see the difference from things like Kricketune's attack where it is clear that it is talking about all Kricketunes and not just itself by using the word "each"

Woops, I thought he ment his opponent benched one of their pokemon, not the active Lucario lv.x. :tongue:

Yes if you would bench the active Lucario lv.x you would remove the efects of stance and close combat.

My mistake. :redface:

Back