Lucario+

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by TORCHWOOD, Aug 20, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TORCHWOOD

TORCHWOOD New Member

Well for a while now I've been running Mario but I'm sure that here must be a better combo than with Machamp but I'm not sure so the question is sould I play Lucario with...

Roserade DP1
    Empoleon DP1
    Rampardos DP2
    Machamp DP1 and PK
    Something Else.

2. kaworu

kaworu New Member

I also feel Lucario is kinda wasted on Machamp, anyone look into Lucario plus any pokemon from DP3? I thought the new Golem might work considering all stages of it have damage spread.

3. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

I say Lucario/Rampardos is the next big fighting combo. 100 non-mitigatable damage for 3, the first attack sweeps up weak Pokemon -- and, it's not :psychic:-weak, so it doubles as a cover for Lucario. Cranidos also has a 20 for 1 attack like Machop, although it can't hit on T1 without Rare Candy (one thing that makes Mario so fast). But that little bit of speed might be worth trading off.

Too bad I didn't get a Rampardos this weekend. I'd be building this deck right now for league tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  4. fragnito

fragnito New Member

how does rampardos go with lucario? thats the second worse combo sinse machamp/ lucario

5. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

I've been working with somthing with Empoleon too. The problem is the energy balence needs to be just right. The 2 seem to work together.

6. kaworu

kaworu New Member

with lucario needing FF and empoleon needing WWC I guess you would either have to run 4 DRE (which minus' too much damage) or 4 holons castform (which would be the worst start ever), but I suppose running 4 castaway to get specific basic energy would help.

7. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

They say ignorance is bliss. You must be a very happy man.

8. Dom

Dom New Member

why is everyone desperate to find something to run it WITH, lucarios fine by itself, though the worst thing you can do is run it with ANOTHER fighting type lol.

9. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

i run lucario with my lucario sleeves
    it works

10. Dom

Dom New Member

ya thats the play

or pink sleeves.

pink lucario sleeves would be hotness

11. thethirdckelly1

thethirdckelly1 New Member

Fragnito was definitely right. Lucario needs a combo with a big sniper who can clean up after he spreads. I've heard golem and empoleon. They both sound good.

12. TORCHWOOD

TORCHWOOD New Member

So, I've narrowed it down to Empoleon, Rampardos and Golem but I can't find the translation for Golem - Does anyone have one?

13. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

14. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

I cannot help but think he's on about the DP3 one. Spoiler coming up.

Golem L.52 – Fighting – HP130
    Stage 2 – Evolves from Graveler

[F][F][C] Simultaneous Throw: Does 30 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Pokemon.
    [F][F][F][C] Megaton Rock: 80 damage. You may do 40 base damage instead of 80. If you do, during your opponent’s next turn, any damage done to Golem by attacks is reduced by 40.

Weakness: Grass (+30)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 4

Comes from the DP3 spoilers page.
    Hope that helps

15. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

4 Rainbow, 2 Scramble, 1 Dre, 1 Castform with 4 Castaway and generous basic energy was what I was working on, but you're totally right that the balence is very easy to get wrong.

The other obvious combo would be playing this with Raichu and/or eggs d.

16. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Raichu isn't going to OHKO things any more; 20 to each is sort of weak considering the heightened HPs.

17. kaworu

kaworu New Member

Obviously the LM Golem is being rotated out, so yeah the DP3 Golem looks quite suited to Lucario, high HP, alternate weakness to Lucario (although grass weakness is not good when playing soon to be popular T2 kriketune decks) all stages of evolution have damage spread, resistance to lightning. Abuse CC as no powers/bodies.

No small energy cost attacks is it's main downfall. That and stupidly high retreat. I also don't like the fact that for 3 energy the most he can do to the defending pokemon is 30dmg.

I think it's more suited than rampardos, and empoleon seems to be too hard to be consistant plus running rainbows for the energy would really hurt lucario as he only has 90hp.

I'll definately build Lucario/Golem....hmm what name? hmmm how about: "Go! Rio!" ....maybe.

Thoughts?

18. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

You think Sandslash (MT) is any good?

19. celeni

celeni New Member

i have been extensively testing raichu with lucario and raichu is still useful. after all of my games the only difference in hp was that those i hit with 110 hp into range once for only raichu to ko and any other pokemon was more than that . pokemon with powers have 120 hp at most and those were the lv.xs. hitting for pokebodies was similar. as for him not hitting hard enough, well he hit as hard as lucario lv.x with a DRE or for ninety with a scramble or two metal energy.

my personal view is what are you trying to acccomplish by using raichu to one hit ko everything. i mean use his big attack after several spread damage attacks, so he can ko any threatening pokemon in one hit or punish them for putting up a non threatening pokemon by destroying their bench.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  20. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

golem has 0 damage output what a terrible card