Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lusby Prerelease Report

Lucario EX

Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host
Yes, I know it's weird posting a report for a prerelease. I was asked to.
It's the first report I've posted, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

This was the deck I played, and I don't think I'm ever going to use a 2-1-1 line again.

1 Garchomp
1 Gabite
2 Gible
1 Mesprit
2 Chingling
1 Girafarig

1 Bebe's Search
1 Lake Boundary
1 Dusk Ball
1 Night Maintenance

10 Psychic Energy
5 Fighting Energy
5 Electric Energy
3 Water Energy
2 Grass Energy
1 Fire Energy
1 Dark Energy
1 Metal Energy

R1 vs Chris N, playing a random water deck

Started with Gible, used Bebe's Search to get out Gabite, but it was prized, so I got Mesprit instead.
I couldn't KO anything quickly enough, and my opponent kept flipping heads on Buizel's Quick Attack.
0-1

R2 vs Jacob L, playing Dodrio/Magmortar

Started with Girafarig, used Crane Neck to get Dusk Ball, next turn got Mesprit with Dusk Ball, set up Gabite, and then my opponent Doduo evolved and KO'd it, and my Night Maintenance was prized.
I tried to attack with Mesprit, but the rest of my Pokemon got KO'd really quickly.
0-2

R3 vs Alec R, playing Magmortar
Started with Chingling, already had Bebe's Search though. I used Welcoming Bell anyway to find out what was in my deck and, of course, my Garchomp is prized. I set up Gabite, my Chingling finally gets KO'd, and then my opponent mixes up his deck and the cards he didn't put in his deck, twice. But then he already had a Magmortar set up, and KO's my Gabite.
0-3

R4 vs Erin M, playing Azelf/various Unowns
I start with Chingling and Gible, and already have Gabite. I use Welcoming Bell for Bebe's Search, evolve Gible, use Bebe's Search for Garchomp, then my Chingling gets KO'd by Bind Pulse, and I evolve Gabite, which I had completely powered up, and knock out the Azelf and and Unowns I and E.
1-3

R5 vs Matthew C playing Gabite (I didn't see any Pokemon except Gible and Gabite)
We both start with Gible, I use Dusk Ball to get Chingling, my opponent evolves Gible, I do also, and retreat Gabite and use Welcoming Bell for Bebe's Search, and then get Garchomp and KO the Gabite.
2-3 14th place

Props:
Shawn B winning
Getting real Psychic energy, instead of proxies
Battling another Lv 31 shiny Luxray with my Lv 31 shiny Luxray

Slops:
Prize cards

You might have done better if you had less energy in the deck. In general, 18 energy is a solid number of energy for any limited 40-card build.

Yes, I know it's weird posting a report for a prerelease.
Maybe you'll start a fad.
Prerelease reports, IMO, are just as fun as Nationals/States reports.

Getting real Psychic energy, instead of proxies
Our apologies for having to do proxies. We will have enough psychic energy next time, even if we have to buy a boatload of precon decks to do so.

doctormcdreamy said:
i dont know what you drafted. but i bet you could have made a better deck than what you listed.
Yeah, so you don't know, leave it at that.
She knows what she's doing.

Last edited:
Thank you for your report!

PM me your Post has earned you a free tournament entry at any Aardvarks Event.

Good job!

I tried to play 2-1-1 nidoqueen, 1 chimeco, 2-1 geodude, 3 Barboach, 2-1 gabite, 1 happiny 1 chansey, 1 tot and 2 unknown.
1 bebe, 1 wager, 1 lake, 1 quick ball -- 9 psychic 8 fighting

Back