Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lysandre's Last Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonTrader

Lysandre's Last Resort – Trainer
Supporter

Both player shuffle all cards from their discard pile back into their deck (excluding any Lysandre's Last Resort).

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

---

Good game!

I would much rather have super rod but Im sure there will be a use for this. Just seems more of a excuse for aggressive decks to be more aggressive.

It has so many implications on so many levels:
Durant in Expanded? Dead.
Carefree Juniper use? Perfectly fine.
Ultra Ball discards? Much more forgiving.

Basically just forgives you for making poor resource choices. "Helps" the opponent as well, but the concept of "thinning your deck" is dead. That was one area more skilled players had an opportunity to rise, not too excited about the card as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has so many implications on so many levels:
Durant in Expanded? Dead.
Carefree Juniper use? Perfectly fine.
Ultra Ball discards? Much more forgiving.

Basically just forgives you for making poor resource choices. "Helps" the opponent as well, but the concept of "thinning your deck" is dead. That was one area more skilled players had an opportunity to rise, not too excited about the card as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way as well. It seems Nintendo is making all their products dumb down so any player can pickup and play. While I dont have a problem with the games being more accessible to more players, the who idea of competitive play for any game is to play at a level where poor resource management can end a game. With cards getting more powerful and the game becoming more forgiving, it will once again go to who has the better opening hand.

We'll have to see what will happen when the card is released but its normally a bad idea to introduce a card to any card game that put all spent resources back into the deck. Even more so when its for free.

Hey, I just thought of something... Even though it can't return copies of itself, it can return Vs. Seeker, which we're also getting back, which can get Last Resort back. >.> I doubt it will matter, but it's interesting. I don't see many decks wanting to use this honestly, returning everything puts a bunch of things you don't WANT back into the deck as well as stuff you do. (This is why things like Sacred Ash aren't as good as they could be, too.) I guess it does apply to the opponent too, though. I could see Virizion/Genesect using this now that they lack Super Rod, but I can't think of much else that would really want to use it.

personally I don't think it's THAT overpowered, mainly because you have to have reliable access to it or you risk needing to discard your only copy in the deck or drawing it when you don't want it. And it of course helps the opponent by putting cards back into their deck, leaving them the first one to be able to take advantage of it. The real benefit of it is that it counters a lot of the growing discard focus we're starting to see (ie. M Manectric, Battle Compressor, and Target Whistle)

Overall I think it's a nice card especially if we see some greater focus on the discard pile. (Wobbuffet also blocking hand and discard pile abilities makes me wonder)

I like to think that it can work WITH cards like battle-compressor. As in, put everything into the deck (breathe new life into pokemon, get yourself 'extra trainers'), then play your compressor to put, oh I dunno, Exeggcute (for ultra balling/superior energy retrieving), and/or some energies that you plan on accelerating onto the field, back into the discard pile. It's becoming quite possible to be quite versatile with where all of your cards are, at least during your turn under normal conditions.

This card is gonna turn the Unlimited 150 format on its head! Completely changes how the late game plays out, where players will start to use the discard as a second hand, with cards like Item Finder and Junk Arm. In this respect I think it's positive, it'll reduce the number of powerful Trainers replayed late game.
But the downside is that it completely kills Mill as an archetype and decks that abuse the discard pile such as Eevees (Flareon Plasma) or other Vengence attackers like Honchkrow take a hit.

It is mainly in the set to counter night march decks. Too bad because without it those decks might have had a chance.

It seems Nintendo is making all their products dumb down so any player can pickup and play.

lol

One thing I'd note is that this shoves EVERYTHING back into your deck. EVERYTHING. Including a lot of things you probably have little to no use for anymore. and now you have to draw through it again.

Will this be an auto include in decks? Yeah probably, as a 1-of. I know I won't leave it out, ever. Same with VS Seeker. But I don't really seeing this having much worse of an effect on the game than, say, Sacred Ash which already lets you replenish a lot. Or Super Rod + Sableye.

Lot of mountains being made of a molehill here.

My guess is that it will become a staple - if not an overused card. However I can foresee a lot of good and/or competitive players out there who won't even use it at all (unless their deck REQUIRES it) since everyone's brother's dog watchers will be playing it, and sooner or later they'll benefit from said use. Mind you, they'll benefit on someone else's schedule, but they'll benefit just the same.

lol

One thing I'd note is that this shoves EVERYTHING back into your deck. EVERYTHING. Including a lot of things you probably have little to no use for anymore. and now you have to draw through it again.

Will this be an auto include in decks? Yeah probably, as a 1-of. I know I won't leave it out, ever. Same with VS Seeker. But I don't really seeing this having much worse of an effect on the game than, say, Sacred Ash which already lets you replenish a lot. Or Super Rod + Sableye.

Lot of mountains being made of a molehill here.

This is on a different level than Sacred Ash or Super Rod. Those cards put everything back into the deck. Pokemon and Energy aren't considered to be abuseable resources. Sure re-seeing that Mewtwo EX, Garbodor. Pyroar and Yveltal EX is annoying with ash and rod but putting back EVERYTHING, like trainers and supporters for 1 effect is just too good. Sure this helps stage 2 but big basics once again use it better. The effect is too good for the format. Im still going to play at least 1 but Im working on a deck that can use 3 effectively.

I like this. It does recover resources, but not selectively. Decking out sucks, so it's good there's a better answer than a late game N.

"Lysandre's Last Resort" destroys "milling" decks and hurts cards; like, Flareon and Weavile. I have to ask the question to whoever made this card: why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back