Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magma vs Aqua Prerelease

Well, with most people anxoiusly awaiting the prereleases and official release, I wanted to start a thread about what you would consider to use in prerelease decks. You may want to check the spoilers, of course. What cards do you hope to get in your packs? Are there any pokemon that you think could/will be really good/abundant at the preleases? Please post any reasons, and remember, this is for at the prerelease sealed, not modified in general.
Thanks!

ummm... DRE. That's pretty much it. That's the one card from this set that can completely change the metagame, or make what's already strong stronger.

arthas=== DRE is Double Rainbow Energy

must be attached to an evolved non EX poke....... standard text.......... reduces attack by 10

i think a great pokemon to draft would be suicune EX....... as long as that card is kept the same translation

that first attack will really disrupt any draft deck, and some normal decks

unfortunately i plan on just helping judge the STL prerelease

have fun

Secptile EX.......um......Suicune EX (For Blastoise in Unlimited and Water Call Swampert for Modified)......um..........There are some EX's I want to see....... is Wiggly part of the set? :)

Electrode and Wigglytuff ex were released in ADV5 the solved seal, not EX1 Team Magma and Aqua, and although there is a probability they will be in there, nothing is certain at the time.

-MuD

Do you expect to draft a full blaziken EX line? This thread was aimed more for what will be good in the prereleases, not the current format(s). I think that it will be similar to the sandstorm draft, if the reprints are in it. Magma's Houndoom would be hard to draft, but interesting, and with the trainer that finds evos... Auqua's craduant would also be hard to draft, but could be good at the sealed tourney at prereleases. Aquas manectrick could be evil, but with all the fighting from team magma... Same with magmas claydol. magmas rhyhorn may be a decent card for your sealed deck. Those are just my thoughts on what wll be good at the prerelease, from what's on the spoiler i went to.
nobody~

Probably kyogre/groundon EX. I mean they are basic and people will pull 3+ magma/aqua cards to let them attack. Other than that, alot of magma/aqua energy, and alot of stage 1 lines.

I don't think you'll be able to get a Blazi, scepti, swam EX b/c they released their EV lines in Dragons...Do you really think they'll release them again?

Aqua's Manectric IMO will be a very good card. I mean in BAR decks, we no longer have to rely on a old stage 2 that can barely attack. We now have a fast stage one in which we can power up with dark energy or not.

Alone with the DRE also the other Double energies like the water and fighting will also be helpful if you are making a Team Aqua or Team Magma deck.

Schuks NoPoke no Play :(

Hey wait a minute if you're TO does that mean I am HJ oh man can't play either :(

For me gotta look for Kyogre and Groudon and the Magma and Aqua Double Energy

nah me everything so as many others as possible get to play! It certainly looks like it will be a Team Aqua vs Team Magma day. I wonder how many will be able to build pure Team Aqua or pure Team Magma decks.

Last edited:
A problem is, that we don't know all of the cards. On spoilers, they only have some of the pokemon. Still, at the drafts/sealed/whatever-it's-called Aqua's manectric will be good. The only thing bad is that there will be so much fighting pokemon...

P.s. I respect you for giving up playing to judge/organize. Hats off to you!

nobody`

Last edited:
I just hope that not every card requires water energy.. I haven't got enough blue for 60 players all playing as team AQUA!

Want a few of mine? Doubt they'd get there on time though. Then again, maybe I better bring some along for our pre-release!

Back