Magmalutions

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Banette EX, Jun 29, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Deck that was played at Nats by some,modifed and in Nats. Thsi deck is good and works,even Eric Craig top 16 with it.Heres the list post fixes:

4-2-2-1-1-1 Leafeon #7/Leafeon X/Vappy/Espy/Umby
    2-2-2 Magmortar SW/Magmortar X
    2-2 Claydol GE
    2 Phoine MD
    1 Chatot
    1 Mew *
    3 Holon Castform

3 Celios
    3 Stevens
    3 Windstorm
    2 Warp
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 TSD
    2 Roseannes

4 Call
    6 Fire
    3 DRE
    3 Scramble

Stradegy: Setup Leafeon X or x2s,either go Aggro Magmortar X or go Leafeon X aggro,Leafeon to counter Empoleon to Magmortar X for PLOX. Leafeon X only makes Magmortar better,Enegry Forcing to heal 40-60 damage off Magmortar and accels it really well. Mew * is yech in case you need to copy attacks like PLOX or PCUT also helps in a mirror match. Phoine to setup Leafon quickly,Claydol to draw and setupCastform to recycle DRE and Scramble.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

This looks really awesome. The Holon Castform threw me for a loop, but there's enough good basics that you hopefully won't start with it that often.

I think this is the tech that people were looking for coming out of Nats.

3. charchar

charchar New Member

looks alright but how do u attack with the mew*? no dre or sscrambles, only fire and call would acually help it. oh nvm i see the holons castform now, no tsd. i mean when u get 3 tails or one heads, i know it can help but when u dont get enough stuff u really get ****** off. at least it happened to me... it looks okay but it seems u have to rely on the special energies or the deck wont do any good.

4. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Yea GG needs majority Special to attack,yet won Nats in Masters. The deck works,it depends on your playing style on how you will do with the deck.

5. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

ive been testing this deck since the leafeon x scans came out. it's soooo good but the plox matchup is iffy at best. it has a lot of problems handling gallade.

6. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Yea Gallade is big problem to deal with in the PLOX/GG matchup,its winnable tho Magmortar X can just become a beast mid to late game. I love the deck,its like a modern absolutions but a completely different stradegy.

7. Rain_Dancer

Rain_Dancer New Member

even if you start with castform you still use call let it get kOed and abuse scramble for a turn....good list PG......is vappy nessecary tho..i mean yea it heals for one but couldnt u put something more useful in there??

8. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

I tried Jolteon but it didnt do much,tried Flareon for any Leafeon,its decent,but Vappy just healing from empoleon damage is just fun to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.