trainers 25
3 x Mr. Briney
3 x Switch
4 x Maxie
4 x potion
4 x fastball
3 x TM Ball
4 x por

The idea is to use tm goose like a wigglytuff to do 60+ by second or third turn.
Claydol provides a psychic attack and can transfer energys around(assuming
power is cumulative). Groudon is a good stall and back up hitter.
Am thinking about dropping dunsparce and adding lanette's net search??
Trying to keep the deck simple but still competitive.

Any ideas or suggestions????

Last edited:
Wow, i was about to post a simular deck, but since this is here, and Patriarch's is way down a few pages, here is my deck list so far... Have tested it on App, it does well.. as long as it stays away from Blaze....

4 Sparce
4 Magma Goose
4 Magma Groudon
2 Magma Baltoy (Psymist)
2 Magma Claydol (holo, dark/psy)
2 Magma Cladol (UC, Fighting)

3 Magma Balls
3 Magma Hideout
3 Magma Schemer
3 Maxie
3 POR
3 Shaman
2 Shard
1 Fisherman
1 TV
3 Potion
2 Briney

7 Fighting
4 Psy
4 Dark

The idea is to just buld up, the Baltoy line may look lopsided, but with Maxie it isnt... you can either discard Claydols with Schemer then play Maxie, or just Maxie straight from hand... a couple of Magma's Conspiriter may not be a bad idea either, alloying you to serch for some energy and/or Pokemon...

The Baltoys/Claydol F were chosen for their abilty to hit anyone anywhere... awsome when comboed with PULVERIZE and some Darks....

when/if I get Aggron, it will likely go in... along with the Maxie being maxed.... this is based off of the cards I needed/got yesterday at pre-re. worked hard, and got some good trades... everyhting to build my deck, and have some extra stuff to toy with as well...

It's way down the list 'cause it was a sucky deck made at 3AM. HOWEVER, the concept is wonderful to work off of! :D

However, for ez's deck....I think I'll go with Spec on this one. However, you definitely need room for a 4th maxie and some Conspirators, as that energy/extra basic could very well come in handy! Also, in the energy, I personally would prefer multi above all else, since Claydol only needs one psychic to use the attack (although it'll rarely be used in the game, except as Wobs tech, which you don't terribly need. =/).

I like how he runs his, but here's my personal preference:

Pokemon (18):

4 Dunsparce
4 Magma's Zangoose
4 Magma's Groudon
2 Magma's Baltoy (Psymist)
2 Magma's Claydol (holo)
2 Magma's Cladol (UC, Fighting)

Trainers (26):

3 Magma Ball
3 Magma Hideout
3 Magma Schemer
3 Magma Conspirator
3 Maxie
3 Shaman
3 Potion
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Crystal Shard
1 Fisherman

Energy (16):

8 Fighting
4 Dark
2 Multi
2 Psychic

I think that Spec's deck would run equally well. This is just specifically how I'd like to play the deck. While I won't add it myself, also consider Aggrons and a 4th Maxie...never know how good that could do for this!

Yeah, for the kiddo's though, I would stick with 4/4 Claydol line til they get it figured out, then drop 2 Baltoy... since Archie helps and does wonders here in speed department...

Spectreon said:
Yeah, for the kiddo's though, I would stick with 4/4 Claydol line til they get it figured out, then drop 2 Baltoy... since (Maxie) helps and does wonders here in speed department...

That's the main reason why I built my original deck: as a way to bring younger players into the game...I consider Magma Haymakers the Children's books of the Pokemon TCG world. Entertaining, yet simple! ;)

Last edited:
got a chance to look closer at the magma trainers....I like spectreon's
and patriarch's changes. I question Magma hideout.....I think
you might get a maximum of 50 damage in a game....more
like 20-30 if you don't go first and drop one. Not
much for 3 cards.....

I'm making a small change and trying the following:
Pokemon 18
4 sparce
4 tm zangoose
4 tm groudon
2 baltoy(psymist)
2 claydol holo
2 claydol uc/fight

trainers 26
3 magma ball
3 magma schemer
4 magma conspirator
4 maxie
4 shaman
3 potion
2 mr. briney
2 crystal shard
1 fisherman

nrg
8 fight
4 dark
2 multi
2 psychic

for the younger kids this might need 2 more energy...
thanks.....

Last edited:
np... yeah, it may not do much damage, but it is a good anti stadium, and sometimes you only need 10 or so more daamge... I like having stadium control, not letting opponent have his way... its all part of my play style... maybe dropping it to 2, and that is 1 free slot... we'll see in the upcomin play test...

you might be right.....yet I've rarely found high pressure or low pressure stadiums
to make a difference....this one could....but the extra draw cards might be
even more important.....will have to test it and find out........thanks....

Hmmm, actually, in my fix I didn't take out the third because of that. I think that if you can shut down Blaziken's HPS, or Ampharos and Sceptech's LPS, then you have minor-major advantage that will play out in your favor...and quite well!

well, on another note, I believe it was Magma's Ryhorn that for CC does like 10 and can discard a stadium if you want....

Im more with Spec....i like having stadium control and the rhyhorn would be good tech if you were up against someone who had more staduims than you ( most unlikely that many would be played in a single deck )......rhyhorns stadium discard is for ( fighting, colorless ).....anyways i like the ideas of the decks keep up the good work....im trying to figure out a good Aqua Deck for a little rivalry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back