Magmortar/Arcanine

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by arcane, Jan 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcane

arcane New Member

Here's the list:

Pokemon (15):
    4 Magmar MT
    3 Magmortar SW
    1 Magmortar lvl X
    1 Growlithe SW
    1 Arcanine SW
    2 cyndaquil MT
    1 Quilava MT
    2 Typhlosion MT

Trainers (31):
    4 Professor Birch
    4 Quick ball
    2 Dusk ball
    3 Great ball
    4 Pokenav
    3 Roseanne's Research
    3 Professor Rowan
    1 Time-Space Distortion
    1 Night maintenance
    2 Windstorm
    2 rare candy

Energy (16)
    2 Scramble
    4 Double rainbow
    10 Fire

Strat: Okay so ideally you'd like to start off with magmar and T1 for 20. Then T2 Magmortar and at least have 1 growlithe on bench and do the 40 damage. Finally, when T3 comes around you'll hit hard with Fireball Bazooka and KO what's active and do 20 to two benched. So far this is basic Magmortar strat. But after Magmortar receives a lot of damage, simply put down the arcanine in hand, transfer energy, (add a double if down a turn in energy), and hit for 120 or 110 to pretty much KO what's there if you sniped correctly with fireball bazooka. Also, while you try to continue to hit for more OHKO with arcanine, power up and heal the damaged magmortar with fire energies. Minum's in there cause of arcanine's recoil and buffer pieces to help resist the damage.

The deck reallly needs help..I run into problems if my magmortar goes down as well as all the energy that was needed to Flame dash with Arcanine.

Comments and advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

try some super scoop up for your magmortar after it has alot of damage and no more energy. have you tried typhlosion instead of arcanine to get more energy acceleration?

3. arcane

arcane New Member

pichu bros. rox- yea i did try typhlosion, it does pick up much faster after losing the magmortar, but to me it doesn't quite have the same bang as arcanine and is harder to set up, but maybe i should add arcanine as a 1-1 line only and add a line of typhlosion? If so how should my trainer line change? (would i need rare candies seeing as i only have a typhlosion line as stage 2?)

4. use the typho line. We were thinking of adding the 1-1 Arcanine as a tech.

5. Rashad

Rashad New Member

since u don't run delcatty take out three professor rowan and 1 pokenav for 4 T.V, Reprter and take the three roseannes research four three holon mentor's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.