Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MahGrill (Garchomp/Togekiss w/ Flygon EX d and Dragonite EX d!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeDDR110

Pokemon (22)
3-1-3-1 Garchomp
2-1-2 Togekiss
1 Flygon EX d
1 Gardevoir EX d
2-2 Claydol
3 Pachirisu

Energy (16):
3 Water
2 Grass
5 Psychic
2 Dark
2 Fighting
2 Fire

Trainers (22):
3 SSU
3 Bebe's
2 TGW
4 Felicity's
2 Roseanne's
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Windstorm

It needs A LOT more draw power. Any ideas?
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Post Them Here.
NOW.

Last edited:
who is your main attacker? since you don't have more than two of any particular evolution line (and 4 seperate lines of pokemon which need to be set up at that, not even counting all the different eeveelutions) this deck will be too slow and too inconsistent. especially when you consider that you have four different evolutions with only one final form in the deck. you must understand that one of these will be prized most games, and in some games two (and if not the evolution then one of it's pre-forms which is just as bad).
eeveelutions should make a workable deck, but it will not work with three techs on the side. pick one tech line of supporting pokemon and go from there.

sorry if this sounds harsher than i mean it to. i really am just trying to help.

I know you are, and thanks for the help.
I liked someone else's idea here of Leafeon/Garchomp, and i might try that.
I'll think of another idea, but i want to keep Leafeon in the idea.
Any Suggestions?

I dont even like my post lol, there is really no attacker in this deck, maybe like Dragonite Ex d???

2-1-2 Sceptile
3-2-2 Leafeon
2-2 Eggs
1-1 Dugtrio
3 Pachi

Last edited:
The funny thing is i used to play a Dragonite EX d Deck =] With a Swalot CG tech.
Hmm, i think i'm going to go this way:

3-1-3-1 Garchomp
2-2-2 Leafeon
2-1-2 Togekiss
1 Flygon EX
1-1 Claydol

3 Grass
3 Fire
2 Lightning
3 Psychic
2 Dark
3 Fighting
2 Water

4 PlusPower
3 Celios
3 TGW
4 Felicity's
2 Roseanne's
4 Rare Candy

It needs A LOT more draw power. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I would still try to run a 2-2 Claydol line for consistency if nothing else. I would drop the leafeon line because togekiss is already the decks source of energy acceleration. SO maybe try this... ? The Bebe is so you can get the Flygon Ex d in your hand before you ditch it. You could add Solrock in as well if you would like so you could gravity change and then draw a card. You might want to consider adding other random(Different Type) Stage 2's so the deck can be more versatile. You could also add more Trainers or supporters or stadiums because 18 is kind of low.

25 Pokemon

3-2-3-1 Garchomp
2-2 Claydol
2-1-2 Togekiss
2 Flygon Ex d
3 Pachirisu
2 Lunatone

18 Trainers

3 BeBe
3 Felicity
2 Roseanne
3 Wager
3 Rare Candy
1 NM
3 PlusPower

Last edited:
If you looked at what i posted in the first post, then you would see i did take out Leafeon X. I'm putting in 1 Flygon EX and 1 Dragonite EX because they both have a nice set of moves, and 4 Energy for 8 Damage Counters may seem like a lot, but it is good. Just so the opponent can't reduce the damage of the attack. I can kill most Pokemon in two turns with his second attack and spread out the damage for the rest of the opponent's pokemon.

You'll need to work on the energy balance based on play testing + how the metagame changes with MD but here are a few thougths:

Flygon ex d is going to need psychic (2) in the discard. At the same time, Garchomp needs psychic for a lot of the current environment (GG specifically). I'd run at least 5, maybe 6

Eeveelutions will mean you need Dark, Fire, Fighting 2-3 of each + a way to find them.

Super scoop could be really good (though flippy) here. Rob them of the ex prize and/or scoop the Garchomp Lv. X to do the damage spread all over again. TSD for the same reason (Garchomp X). Mr. Briney's would be so wonderful here but would break the format for sure.

You must play Windstorm I fear...cessation and BF will be very bad for you otherwise.

-Cory

corypoke2: I like the idea. I originally had SSU in here, but for some reason its gone. I added 4 again in the exchange for the PPs. I will add 2 Windstorm, but not right now. i like your ideas, and i thank you for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back