Majestic Dawn Virginia Prereleases!

totoro

Dates:
1. Saturday May 10
Hobby Works
9650 Main St.
Fairfax, VA 22031
2 Flights!!
Flight 1 will begin promptly at 11:00 A.M. (no lunch break!)
Flight 2 will begin promptly at 3:00 P.M.
Due to the growth at this venue we are requiring that interested players call the store at (703) 426-8600 and preregister for flight 1 or flight 2. Players may not participate in both flights. Each flight will be limited to 50 players. New players can try the Theme Deck Challenge if they prefer (until my theme decks run out!) We've been pushing 80 players at these events; hopefully this way we won't be as packed in!!

2. Saturday May 17
Game Parlor
14400 Smoketown Dr.
Woodbridge, VA 22192
11:00 Registration
Preregistration is NOT required

3. Sunday May 18
Richmond Comix
14249 Midlothian Pike
Midlothian, VA 23113
11:30 Registration
Preregistration IS required, so call store owner Frank at (804) 594-2845 for this one!

Admission is $25.00 and all players keep all their krinkly packs of goodness!! Regular pre is 6 packs for deck construction + 2 additional packs at the event's conclusion. TDC is theme deck to play with + 4 additional packs at event's conclusion. Of course, we'll have door prizes, too!!! All pariticipants will receive a stamped prerelease card and card sleeves (while supplies last), so c'mon and join the fun!

2 flights, huh? Interesting...Is this the first time there have been multiple "flights" for a Pokemon event?

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Fairfax and Woodbridge.

okay, thread went up as I was typing the e-mail.

People, please don't try to preregister for Fairfax until 1:30pm tomorrow, Sunday. I won't have the sign-up sheet to them until then :redface: . They don't open until 12 anyway.

Yeah, 2 flights at fairfax. This should help make it so that the events are not as crowded, giving us more walking room.

Fox: Heidi in Florida uses or has used flights at atleast one of her prerelease events.

^Same here.
Wow, three tournaments in one. In the TDC, are players allowed to choose the theme deck they get, or is it random?

^Same here.
Wow, three tournaments in one. In the TDC, are players allowed to choose the theme deck they get, or is it random?

The early bird gets to choose. Once we run out of a particular deck though, you'll have to use whatever is left over. (TDC will likely only be in Fairfax)

This set is gonna be really make-it-or-break-it for the Nationals metagame... I'm almost considering paying twenty-five bucks for eight packs. UGH. =/

SuperWooper, you can sleep in on Saturday by registering for flight 2, which starts at 3pm :thumb:.

As for the quality of the sleeves, I hope they are better and come with extras.

i'm just happy VA has a prerealese and is it $25 4 the TDC

More than "a" prerelease--3 out of the 4 available dates!! (Mother's Day was hands-off!!!) Yup, $25 for the TDC--Play around with the theme deck, get sleeves and a promo card--psssst, it's a Mothim---then get 4 Majestic Dawn boosters at the end of the event!!

sweet does that come w/ the neeeded nrgies, 4 the 6 booster thing
Basic energy are always available to "borrow" to add to your boosters to create a 40 card deck. If there are special energy in the set, you may get some of those as well in your packs. The general rule is that if you borrow any basic energy, please return those at the end of the event. Since energies come in the theme decks, if you go that route, you can of course keep everything!!

We just started Pokemon so please pardon a newbe question!

Are the theme decks going to be from Majestic Dawn or are they theme decks that are already available?

We are excited to find a Prerelease Tournament in VA!! We were thinking about driving to MD!

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I just signed up my kids for flight 1 @ Fairfax. In case anyone cares, we were 10 on the list. So get your preregisters in so you don't miss out. :)

Good luck to all those in Regionals. We're missing you guys. We'll see you at the prerelease!

TDC players: Please arrive early, since the supply of theme decks s limited! Let me know as soon as you arrive that you are interested in the TDC and we'll get you hooked up immediately upon registration with your deck. Since there is no construction time required, TDC participants will begin to play immediately when registration is finished or once all decks have been claimed.

definitely attending the midlo one; this set is gonna be huge!!!

Spencer- what kind of sleeves do you use? The ones yesterday were mighty nice

Back