Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Malevolent Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another cool deck I've been tinkering with. It basically provides possibility to OHKO Bench, but also can do massive damage to the active Pokemon. Electric is a great type right now with Empoleon and Feraligatr getting bigger, but fighting weakness is a problem versus stuff like Mario.

Malevolent Thunder
Modified Format

Pokemon: 20
4 Larvitar d
2 Pupitar d
4 Tyranitar ex d
3 Natu d
3 Xatu d
2 Swablu d
2 Altaria ex d

Energy: 16
8 Lightning
4 Holon's Castform
4 Delta Rainbow

Trainers: 24
4 Holon Mentor
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
3 TV Reporter
2 Windstorm
2 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Warp Point

Strategy: This is much less complex than my Gardevoir deck. Basically, get Tyranitar(s) in play and just lay waste. Altaria pumps up your Tyranitars quickly, while building multiple Xatus makes Tyranitar do massive damage. With a Xatu in play you OHKO Empoleon and Feraligatr. Then if there's something that's being built on the Bench, you can Electromark/Shockwave it. The drawing engine is nearly identical to my other decks, but it's consistent and really works for me. The Warp Points are nice for disruption/retreating.

Enjoy dissection of the deck. Speaking of dissection, I think I have to do that today in lab.

~Jim

You lose completely to Kriketune, since you have grass weakness. :(

Anyways, add in some Lake Boundary, so you can OHKO Water types without Xatu.

Ya T2 Kricketune will eat this deck alive. I had the same idea and chris fulop shot it down before I could even bring it up.

My Bro played this deck with Gatr d instead of Xatu d and 1-1 Altaria ex d... Trainers were DS-on (=Holon Engine) , but Energys were almost same, he had H' Electrodes instead of Castform's, but 4x dRE and 7x Lightning!

BTW, definitely use Holon Legacy, if you scare Mario!

Here's the list I played for a while. It's quick and has Flygon for energy acceleration. Only 2 Castform to escape from what I believe will be bigger this year, Mario.

4 larvitar d
2 pupitar d
3 tyranitar d ex

2 spearow
2 fearow

2 trapinch
1 vibrava
2 flygon d

2 castform

2 mentor
4 bebe's
4 rare candy