MARIO-maybe best deck in new format

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Karsten_chetcuti, Aug 15, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karsten_chetcuti

Karsten_chetcuti New Member

Mario is probably one of the best decks in the HP-on format. I think everyone knows the strategy, deal a lot if damage from early in the game(T1 20 or 30). This is my deck list:

Pokemon-17

4 riolu
    3 lucario
    1 lucario lv.x

4 machop dp
    2 machoke (1 dp and 1 pk)
    2 machamp dp
    1 machamp pk

Energy-14

12 fighting
    2 DRE

Trainers-29

4 celios network
    4 plus power
    3 cessation crystal
    2 Prof. Cozmo
    2 steven’s advice
    2 copycat
    2 rowan
    2 rare candy
    1 switch
    1 scott
    2 castaway
    1 crystal shard
    1 h.mentor
    2 great ball

About my choices I decided to put 1 machoke from PK because it can attack with 1 energy and so if won’t have many energies I can still attack with him.

I need help with the trainer lines.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  2. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

-1 Machamp (PK)
    +1 Machamp (DP)
    I've gotta be honest. I doubt anyone's gonna be plain ex's next format.

-3 Bill's Maintenane
    +3 other cards (maybe a Cessation and 2 TV Rep)

3. Karsten_chetcuti

Karsten_chetcuti New Member

Yes you're right i think not many are going to play exs but his first attack can turn out to be very useful against resistance decks. and about maintinence i think i'm going to put 3 Tv reporter insted

4. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I think PK is still necessary. First, we don't *know* yet if EX's won't be played. There is Flygon d EX which has no weakness, and R-Gon is still viable. There is Rayquaza d EX, still formidable. And there is Dragonite d EX. Possibly Kingdra d EX has a chance also. Second, as you stated, there are other aspects of the defensive game which need to be addressed, including Metal Energy, Agility (gets through Lucario Lv.X on the mirror!), and Damage Reduction (like Meganium d, Jumpluff DP2, etc).

The problem with the PK will be Weakness, and I foresee Crobat being a problem, and Vibrava/Flygon still being played. I don't have a big issue with the Machoke PK as you don't start with it, but I found that getting the 20 damage was pretty measly in the long run.

I have nothing against Bill's Maintenance, and prefer it over TV Reporter, except for those few times that you have nothing in hand, or nothing you wish to trade in. In fact, Prof Rowan is probably better than Bill's Maintenance most of the time.

You could use a Great Ball.

5. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

I think Ex's will be played, my friend runs a shiftry deck with Exs' and flygon d EX has agian no weakness and when dp3 comes out there might be an increase in flygon decks that come out(so hold on to them) . Rayquaza ex is really good two maybe with faraligator it could do a pretty penny. I dont think dragonite ex will see much play I mean with all the T2 decks out 40hp basic just dosen't sufice.(riulo with a plus power/machop with 2)

I'm just really excited for battle roads because people will get a chance to see what really works and what busts

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  6. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

I yhink that you can chance 1 of your Celassion Crystals to the Strenght Charm, also i thin that you should chanse the Scott o the Castaway, and where are Stadiums? 3 BF is necessary on Mario cause you van use your own stadium to get opponent's Stadiums out. so:
    In:
    1x Strenght Charm
    1x Castaway
    3x BF
    2x Steven's Advise
    Out:
    1x Cessation Crystal
    3x Bills Mantenance
    2x ER2
    1x Scott

7. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Far from BDIF...
    the florida/canadian have BDIFS of the dozens

-----------
    try to fit in a scramble or 2

8. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

I would paly 4 cast away, 2 er is no help imo because it will be harder to draw and then you could always get tails, other than that I like your list good luck with it.

9. Rew

Rew Active Member

The US Secret Nationals decklist is going to be... EX FILLED! Watch. I'd keep the Machamp in.

10. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

mario? the BDIF? umm...
    *thinks what thumpers mom would say*
    gl with the deck?

11. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  12. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

No Str. Charm? You play castaway.

13. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

You have GOT to be kidding me. Stop making these threads.

14. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Um........ sry to break this to you, but Mario isn't that great. Their are going to be a lot of realy good combos when MS comes out, and Mario definatly won't be as good as some. Hurricane is a hp-on deck, and is much better than mario. Any way, their is alreddy a active mario thred, and 1 is plenty. mods plz lock.

If you insist on using this mediocre deck, then at least use 1 night maintnence to bring back lucario lv. x

15. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

So, where is this "Hurricane" deck?

16. Rashad

Rashad New Member

doesn't cesssation crystal stops Lucario Lv.X Power out of curiosity

17. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

It only T3'd @ worlds.. :rolleyes:

18. charizard#1

charizard#1 New Member

Since he play Cess.Crystal Plus Power is the only way to power up a attack.

19. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

You list is basically the same as the Feature Article thread, except you use ER2 instead of BF, and you have less tools, more draw.

20. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

It only t3'd bucause it's so bad that ppl didn't prepare for it, that and luck. :lol:

Do you mean " what is this deck"? Not where. :confused::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.