Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mario with a random tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Hiya,

MT have not been released in my country yet, so it's only until D&P. This is for a big tournament this weekend.

Pokemon: 18
Machop x3
Machoke x2
Machamp PK x1
Macham DP x2
Riolu x4
Lucario x3
Vulpix d x1
Ninetales d x2

Trainers: 27
PlusPower x4
Rare Candy x3
Celio's Network x3
Prof Rowan x2
Steven's Advice x2
Copycat x2
Castaway x2
Warp Point x2
Master Ball x2
Crystal Shard x2
Cessation Crystal x2
Holon Mentor x1

Energies : 15
Fighting Energy x12
DRE x2
Scramble x1

Strategy :
Straight Mario, Riolu beatdown, spread damage with Lucario, finish em of with Machamp.
Now, my tech, Ninetales d are mostly for mirror decks. It uses 2 colourless energy for a good 40 damage, and a quick charge for Machamps. It can heal itself, and have free retreat costs.

Any help would be appreciated,
cya~!

Last edited:
Hiya,

Because of Ninetales d power of course. Heal, discard, and switch for another Ninetales. 2 Vulpix d is too much, I think.

cya.

- Oak's Research
+ Steven's

you already have 4 rotation with Copycat/Rowan

Otherwise, Trainer list "workable" even though I prefer Great Ball to Master Ball. The 2 Crystal Shard are possibly right for your area, depending on Salamence/Flygon.

About the Ninetales: It's a good idea, but you *really* have to be careful with the Vulpix opening. I say this because at Nationals, using a Sableye tech with 7 other starters (as you), I opened with Sableye FOUR times.

About the Crystal Shard and Tech combo: I have been toying with 1-1 Ambipom. Aipom's Throw Off attack is great vs Buffer Piece. Tail Influence attack can be destructive when it works, and Charity Tail.... just imagine!

More DRE, many times your machamp will be left out there wit only 1 energy doing 20:frown:. If you play more DRE you need to tech for Crystal beach, which is looking very good for this metagame

As for what King Gengar mentioned, you could play 1 Crystal shard for a tech; your deck does have the advantage with speed, and you normally have a favorable start compared to your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back