Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mega Alakazam

AnJaFrIv

M Alakazam-EX
HP 190
Psychic type

Ability: Remote teleport
Once per turn, if your defending psychic type pokemon would take damage from an opponent's attack, you may switch it with one of your benched pokemon. (You may not use this ability if a M Alakazam-EX is your active pokemon)

{P}{P}{C}
You may discard any number of psychic energy from this pokemon. this attack does 50x the number of cards discarded this way, and for each card discarded this way the retreat cost of your psychic Pokemon is reduced by one during your next turn.

Weakness: {D} x2
Resistance:
Retreat cost: {C}

This is essentially a card modeled around the use of teleport by Abra. I've tried to balance it by keeping a lot of it type specific and by applying costs.
I do appreciate that Sigilyph could abuse this ability however.

I also have no Alakazam-EX ideas so feel free to make that.

Last edited:
I really like it, but the attack is super underpowered. You would need to discard 10 Energy in order to KO an EX. I'd change it to at least x50.

Here's an atempt of Alakazam-EX:

Alakazam-EX HP160 :psychic:
Basic Pokemon

[Ability] Mental Block
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you're opponent's Pokemon with damage counters on them cannot use Abilities.

:psychic: Energy Absorption
Attach up to 2 :psychic: Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

:psychic::psychic::psychic: Psywave: 100
Does 10 damage to 3 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon (don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon). This Pokemon cannot use Psywave during your next turn.

Weakness: :psychic:x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless:
---------------------------

I tried to make it synergize with the Mega. Energy Absorption can power up the Mega's attack. And you can promote Alakazam-EX to activate Mental Block with Remote Teleport. Psywave's drawback can also be reset with Remote Teleport.

I hope you like the idea.

Last edited:
Underpowered fits a lot of megas to be honest, but i'll bump it up to 50, I originally had this a lot more powerful so let's go. Also i'm unsure with the wording of Mental Block. Does that prevent passive abilities too? Otherwise I really like it. I'm picturing it with that old Poison Point Venipede or something to take even more advantage of the switches and then the loss of abilities next turn.
Now that i think about it who wins on the ability, Garby or Alakazam-ex? As in which gets priority.

Also i'm unsure with the wording of Mental Block. Does that prevent passive abilities too?

It would prevent all Abilities, as long as the Pokemon they're on is damaged.

Now that i think about it who wins on the ability, Garby or Alakazam-ex? As in which gets priority.

I would assume that it's which Ability's requirement that gets met first. Let's say that an undamaged Garbodor gets a tool on it, then Garbodor would win and Mental Block would be shut off. If you try to attach a tool to a damaged Garbodor (while Alakazam is Active of course) Garbotoxin can't activate because Mental Block would already be shutting it off.

there's actually an energy in XY4 that will reduce psychic pokemon's retreat cost by four which could definitely synergise with this

Back