3 Rare Candy
3 Switch

Energy (20)
4 Metal Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
8 Fighting Energy
4 Water Energy

Last edited:
Drop the Birch for another Copycat. And consider using Oracle instead of Forest Guardian. Otherwise, looks good. If you really want to, you could drop an Onix and 2 Fighting Energy for triplets of something like ER2, but it's not really necessary.

add in multienergy, that way you now have 4 Metal Energies and 8 'Metal' providing energies.

The only catch on Multi Energy is that it becomes a (C) if it's not the only Special Energy on a Pokemon, making it useful only to Aron and Lairon, and in some situations Skyridge Steelix (which really doesn't need it). You don't have your Fire Weakness covered, which could be trouble. Granted, fitting Water Pokemon into this deck would be difficult, but I think it would help. SK Articuno could be good with Energy Switch in the deck, although dedicating that many cards to a tech Pokemon seems a little counterintuitive. Otherwise, you will be using Rainbow Energies on it. AQ Suicune is a viable choice, especially if the ruling about its interaction with Rainbow/Multi Energy is overturned. Otherwise, Energy Switch would again be warranted. Either way, if you decide to go for one of these, drop the Groudon ex and Hitmonchan ex for them, and you might also want to change 3-4 of your Fighting Energy to Water. If you don't take my suggestion from my last post here about dropping an Onix and two Fighting Energy (which I actually don't advise anymore, now that I think about it), you could drop that Onix for a third of whatever Water Basic you use, or for a Town Volunteers.

Last edited:
OK, I did what you said and took out 4 Fighting for 4 Water. Right now, I'm using 2 SS Wailmer since it has high HP and only needs 1 Water Energy. Not sure if that's going to cut it, though. Maybe Lapras Ex if I can get some.

I strongly advise against Lapras ex. It does not have enough power to be useful as anti-Fire. Wailmer is interesting, but a little weak, IMO.

Last edited:
Hmm, you have a point. I guess I'll stick with the Wailmers until I can find something better. I DO have 2 Skyridge Lapras, but I thought they were too weak as well.

Pokemon (20)

4 Wailmer (2 RS/2 SS)
3 Wailord (RS)
2 Dunsparce
2 Aron 25
2 Aron 50
4 Lairon 37
3 Aggron Ex

Trainers (23)

4 Professor Oak's Research
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Oran Berry
3 Power Charge
3 Switch
2 Copycat
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Professor Birch
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (17)
4 Metal Energy
2 Rainbow Energy
7 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

I really don't think the Steelix and Aggron will work together... it's way too slow like that and in my opinion too many pokemon to fight over the metal energy... Here's what I'd do.

Drop the Onix/Steelix. That's 7 spots... Replace with 2 Wailmer... I'd go with the like 2 RS and 2 SS Wailmer... Then add in 3 Wailord (RS) They are really good anti fire. Add in 2 Dunsparce (SS). I'd also change the Aggron from RS to all EX.

Trainers:

Drop 1 Lannette's Net Search and change the other 2 to Pokemon Fan club Drop the Rare Candy, all of them. Giving you four free spaces now. Add in 2 Oaks Research and 2 Professor Birch. Then take out all the fighting energy... giving a few more free spaces for Trainers and other energy. Add in one Town volunteers just to get back some fallen Pokemon or something and another Professor Elms Training Method. Change the Potion to Oran Berry also, they're more useful cause you can attach them then shuffle your hand in... it thins your deck in a way and allows you to have the healing of 20 damage when ever needed. When with Potion you have to shuffle it back in and wait to draw it again.. which is one more card in your deck that could stop you from getting something you need.

Energy:

Drop 2 Rainbow... The metal are more important on Aggron than a Rainbow... the whole point of Aggron is a strong defense with steady damage. :) Add in about 3 Water and 4 Boost and add in another Lairon to the Pokemon line.

That should work a bit better I think. :) Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back