Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metal Energy question

SGH Erika

I'm embarrassed to ask this as I been out of the game for a while
and I should know it ...

If I place a metal (special) energy on Wormadam Trash Cloak and use
[1MM] Iron Tackle (70) Wormadam Trash Cloak does 20 damage to itself.

Does the metal energy protect Wormadam from damage from its own attack?

I remember the Steel Chansey decks from a few years ago where the metal energy would -10 damage for each metal in the attack and then -10 the damage to itself. But I think that rule was changed. What affect does (special) metal energy cards have on non-metal Pokemon? Thanks.

Nope, you can't protect yourself from your own attacks with metal energy. Metal energy sais "damage from your opponent's attacks is reduced by 10".

Nope, you can't protect yourself from your own attacks with metal energy. Metal energy sais "damage from your opponent's attacks is reduced by 10".

It says that?

Really?

Did you check that before quoting it?
Because the Metal cards that I have have no such restriction.

It cancels itself out. If you have the Pokemon tool attached, then it becomes even better. then you'll be doing a version of Leaf Guard that deals 70.

I'm embarrassed to ask this as I been out of the game for a while
and I should know it ...

If I place a metal (special) energy on Wormadam Trash Cloak and use
[1MM] Iron Tackle (70) Wormadam Trash Cloak does 20 damage to itself.

Does the metal energy protect Wormadam from damage from its own attack?
Yes. It would also stop self-induced bench damage from Empoleon and the like, yes. However, effects such as "Place 2 damage counters, etc." are NOT weakened by Metal Energy.

I remember the Steel Chansey decks from a few years ago where the metal energy would -10 damage for each metal in the attack and then -10 the damage to itself. But I think that rule was changed. What affect does (special) metal energy cards have on non-metal Pokemon? Thanks.

Rule is changed. Metal no longer reduces damage if the attacking pokemon holds it, no matter what type it is.
Unfortunately, the defence boost only applys on metal pokemon, non-metals get a fairly useless energy card, as opposed to the great boost metal pokemon get. Too bad Burmies can only get basic Metals back, and only while active :/

Back