4 Potion
3 Fast Ball
1 Town Volunteer

18 Energy
4 Steel Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Boost Energy
6 Psychic Energy

This was a rush, but I think it turned out well. The main point of the deck is to get out a Aggron and keep it attacking and alive with the numerious Xatu on the bench. There is no EX, I don't want any EX either. Briney works great, potion helps heal alittle more, fast ball helps go get the needed evolutions, research draws, and switch switches lol. Steel and Rainbow provide for metal needs. Rainbow is great because I can lay it, then use Xatu to remove the damage counter it placed. Boost helps for the second and third attack for a suporise attack. And psychic is in the deck for Xatus to attack.

Please critique.

hi, i love aggron, so natrualy i had to build a deck for him. I was debateing for a long time weither to build it with the xatu as back up or use wailmer/lord to cover my weekness. Both of the decks looked promising and i couldnt choose so i built both. See i love my decks, its more of a hobbie for me to just have a deck, weither i play it or not. I look at them as works of art belive it or not, and it is VERY hard for me to tear apart one of my works ( the reason i always hate when modified gets modified LOL) my current deck count is at 24 and they are all fully suported with a good trainer engines ( a feat in its self) i just cant bring myself to take any of them apart, and i consider them all very good and unique decks. Now onto your deck.

When i first made the two decks i used a 4/4/2/2 line of arron/laron/aggron/aggronEX and also a 2/2 furret sentrent line to get the metal energy of course, and found it to work pritty good. The idea is that you build up an aggron ex, attack as much as you can, get some real good bench dammage in, mean time builing an aggron. Now the aggron is good back up becuase it has a cheap attack a middle attack and a huge attack so it does not have to be fully powerd up in order to attack and send out

What i found, well first lets look at the wailord vareint. I found that trying to build a waillord and a aggron on the bench at the same time proved to be a waist of time. While i originaly intended for the wail line to be used as weekness protection i found it served as a very good general backup line also. The regular aggon was not needed.

With the Xatu varent, i found it much much more eveadent that i did not need the other aggron, infact here it impeeded me. See in this deck i shifed focus of the stratagy. See i would still try to get the aggron ex out first and power it up and use (i think this is the name) metal surge as much as possiable. Worked pritty good as i would get it off normal like 3-4 times with the ultra heal of xatu, netting me about 3/4 prizes on bench damage and direct damage alone. If they ever did knock out the aggron; the xatu, a most formiable attacker in its own right, would finish with great bench damage of its own. This attack is often overlooked, as with your opponent having a full bench a xatu can shoot 60 dammage for 2 energy, its just really spread out. Also unless you OHKO the xatu, you can menagle them arround with there free retreat and eventualy heal them back to full heath.

so in the end i did not like the aggron, and i droped it all toghther for a 3/3/2 line of arron/larron/aggron EX. Having one ex line in your deck is not bad, your opponent may knock out the aggron ex, however you should get 4 prizes atleast with it makeing it more than worth while.

now lets look at your trainers

4 Power Charge
4 Switch
4 Mr. Briney's Compassion
4 Professor Oak's Research
4 Potion
3 Fast Ball
1 Town Volunteer

hummmmm. ok im assuming that you like my xatu theme and going to agust the trianers to suit that theme, now first let me say that even with trainers ment to be dedicated to a certian theme that peoples play styles affect the trainers A LOT, i could have the exact same pokemon as you in a deck, and we could have the deck set out to do the same exact thing, however have the trainers in those decks be completely diffrent.

ok sooo power charge, yea since we will most likely only be seeing one aggron ex in play and trying to load it up with all 4 metals and when it gets knocked out letting that be that, im going to drop the count to 2, now going with the odds that should let you get atleast 2 metals back during the game, now i know i said that once aggron ex is killed its killed but... you never know when a metel or 2 might be good on a larron heck it might be all you can get out and it is just good to have the opption.

i cut the switch one, the britnys compassion by 2 changed the oaks research over to birch and shamman, now this might need some explaning. Normaly i preferr Oaks R and copyCat to birch and shamman, however not in this case. Any deck with furret NEEDS birch, it is just awsome. Furret will often leave you with one or none cards in your hand, with all the 2for1 NRG exchanging it does. so then laying down a birch will draw you a fresh hand of 6 which ROCKS, try it you wont be dissapointed. And since you will be haveing a low hand count anyway why now add desert shamman, for the hand disruption you can play on your opponent. You sack one card from 5 to 4, in using shammon over oaks research however you get to screw with your opponents hand as well. LOL its so funny sometimes, my favorit is when they have the call for family wirple active and search out and get cascune and dustox in there hand and then next turn i lay a shamman and you should see them wine its so funny. Anyway, back on topic the birch and samman AVG out over 2 turns to be a 5 card hand anyway so you are not really losing anything and the top deck draw and opponent hand disruption are like little boneses, and we LOVE boneses. A general deck building tip here, you should always have more than 4 of card drawing in your deck, now every deck is diffrent (this is not like oak or elm) and you should have atleast 7 of the following, oaks research, copycat, birch, juggler, or shamman now im not counting oracle cause thats a card specific search card. O yea and on another note, dont mix copycat and shamman they have oppsite directions of interest, one trys to get your opponents hand larger and the other keeps it small, trust me dont play those 2 toghter.

kept the 4 poton, the fast ball (although you might want to play elms traing method, cause with this many evos it is chance you will get what you need, on the other hand it is a supporter and uses it for the turn, your choice, i prefer ETM) kept the 1 TV, and on second thought (cause i recounted my deck total) im droping the energy charge.

onto energy

not much change, added boost and more rainbow and with furret you can grab what you want when you need it sooooo here is my finnal deck list for you

22 Pokemon
4 Xatu
4 Natu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Aggron ex
2 dunsparce
2 sentrent
2 furret

20 Trainers

3 Switch
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
4 proffesor birch
3 Desert Shaman
4 Potion
3 Fast Ball
1 Town Volunteer

18 Energy
4 Steel Energy
2 boost
3 rainbow
8 physic

hope you give it a try, and feel free to not make any of the changes i suggested you might want to add in a wabafett or some fanclub/lenttes search or even oracle. Als very good choses and the ones i listed are just my oppion, thats the great thing about oppion you can chose to listen to anyones you want, however there are alot of them out there, so chose wisely cause you cant listen to them all

lol so yea you get a deck fix and a little philosaphy to go along with it, all i ask is that you respond with a post, considering the time i put into with this one. thanks and good luck :)

Last edited:
Penguin_master - I will look that up now. I will probaby use the Ior Defense lairon from Sandstorm, and the Aron with rollout in R/S.

GodTrainer - Other than your loose grammer, I comprehended everything you said, and it makes sense. I like how you changed the deck. I wanted more basics, but couldn't find a good trainer/energy line to fit some more in. Dunsparance will allow me to get more basics out and maybe stall if I have to. I like the birch/shaman idea. You kept my potion and fast ball and briney so thats cool. I like how you changed the deck. Thanks.

With just Aggron ex I don't see much use for Briney. Yeah you can use them on Xatu but like G-Trainer said if they don't ohko it then you retreat for the other one. I like this idea a lot but I think Aggron ex's only chance against Blaziken variants is Wailord. But this is probably the most dominating form of Aggron ex when it gets up in running.

my 2 cents for this deck:
3 Xatu
3 Natu
4 Aron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron
2 wynot (spell?)
2 wobofet (spell?)

Trainers
2 Power Charge
2 Switch
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
4 Professor Oak's Research
3 oran berry
4 d. shaman
3 masterball
1 Town Volunteer
1 fan club

Energy
4 Steel Energy
3 Rainbow Energy
3 Boost Energy
7 Psychic Energy

I wouldn't play Fast Ball if I were you... you have 4 Xatu, 3 Lairon, and 3 Aggron, so it will be hard to get what you want with it. I'd change them to 3 Elm's Training Method. I'd drop 1 Power Charge, 1 Mr. Briney's Compassion, and 1 Oak's Research for 3 Birch (an awesome card whether you play Furret or not). Other than that, nice deck! You might not need 4 Rainbows also... play 4 if you feel it really helps you, though.

I really don't care about weakness at all. If I lose to weakness than let it happen. Yeah I rather play regular aggron because it is better than the EX. The only thing the EX has over the regular is more HP sorry. So here is the new deck w/ no fire support and no EX.

21 Pokemon
4 Xatu
4 Natu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet

21 Trainers
2 Power Charge
4 Switch
3 Professor Birch
3 Desert Shaman
3 Potion
3 Fast Ball

18 Energy
4 Steel Energy
2 boost
4 rainbow
8 physic

Okay. I added in a wynaut/wobbuffet line to help get basics and evolutions. When wynaut gets useless, I evolve and attack. I switched to regular aggron because for a loss of 50 health, it loses a prize when defeated, and gains a easy attack for one energy which will help with stalling. I made my drawing birch and shaman because I think they work good together. Fast ball with wynaut will allow me to get my basics and evolutions out fast. I don't need much boost, so i took some out instead for some psychic.

The deck has more basics, has almost near the same trainer engine, and should perform twice as well.

Aggron ex is WAY BETTER than RS Aggron. For 5 energy all Aggron will get you is an average of 70 with those nasty 0's along the way. If you only want that much then just go Scizor who will average 70 for 4 energy and is a stage 1. The 30 HP isn't much of a difference but the 70 from Scizor to Aggron ex is worth it. Aggron ex for the 5 energy as Aggron will do 50 AND 20 to each of the bench. That will destroy your opponent much faster and much more often than averaging 70 with 0's along the way. Your placing often 130-150 damage on your opponents side of the field. With Aggron ex you usually can even do 60 with Rend if you need that extra 10 for a ko. The only way I see any Aggron deck succeeding in this format is the massive bench damage of Aggron ex. Even if it goes down a lower attacker like 50 from Wailord will often be enough to finish off the already damaged pokemon up from the bench. The 1 extra prize doesn't matter as much since you will probably only get 1 fully built a game anyways. If your using Xatu then the extra HP can make a huge difference and its attack continues the theme and can finish up those 4-5 prizes on the bench.

I have to disagree. Unless you have 3-5 energy on Aggron EX, it sits there defenseless. Think about a sitting duck that gives out double prizes when it goes down? Regular aggron can attack with just one steel energy meaning you can place it up there with one steel and let it deal out the needed damage and heal as you need. Add in that 3 for 30 is 10 less than 3 for 40 constant with regular aggron. Add in that regular aggron can do 140 damage to one pokemon, and the most aggron ex can do is 50.

I do see what your saying. If you use Xatu to damage every pokemon for 10, then send up the EX aggron, you can do a constant 60, but what if someone potions? Then if you do want to attack for the 50, which is your only plan to get more than 30 damage done, you must have 2 steel and 3 colorless on it. The thing I like about aggron is that I can do alot more with regular aggron and not be so tight on losing it. I can send one up and let it take damage and then use retaliate. Sure that is a flip, but if I don't want to do that, I can just use mega punch for 40.

But I have something I left out of the deck that I think should be in every deck.

Here is the new deck:

19 Pokemon
3 Xatu
3 Natu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron EX
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet

24 Trainers
3 Memory Berry
2 Power Charge
4 Switch
3 Professor Birch
3 Oracle
3 Potion
3 Fast Ball

17 Energy
4 Steel Energy
2 boost
4 rainbow
7 physic

Memory Berry is such a good card. It gives you options when there are none. If you cannot attack for 3, you play it and attack with a lower evolution attack. That is why I changed to EX. The only reason I kept the regular Aggron was because I couldn't attack first turn. So I added in memory berry so that I can. I then took out shaman and put in oracle. I can now search for 2 steel and next turn be guaranteed to get a steel out on my aggron. I have search with oracle and fast ball and wynaut, healing with Xatu/Potion, drawing with Birch, and etc. I like this the best of any of my aggron decks so far.

Pokenav is a good combo with Oracle to get your metals right away. I still question some of your trainers like Briney. You do realize Briney won't work on Aggron ex. Interesting idea with Memory Berry but I just don't think that is how Aggron ex wins. You would be able to get Aggron fully metaled quicker with a 2-2 Furret rather then a 2-2 Wobuffet perhaps.

Yeah I probably will take out briney and put in nav. That way I can get a steel the same turn I use oracle and can next turn get another steel.

19 Pokemon
3 Xatu
3 Natu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron EX
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet

24 Trainers
3 Memory Berry
2 Power Charge
4 Switch