Trainers (32)

4 Dual Ball
4 Master Ball
4 T.V. Reporter
4 Juggler
4 Warp Point
4 Switch
4 Strength Charm
2 Gym (not sure which one yet but I’ll need something to get rid of L.P.S.)
1 Town Volunteers
1 Energy Recycle System

Energy (16)

4 Multi
12 Psychic

O.K. so here it is. Inspired by something that Jimmy (Banginbox) said to me (thank you) during our battle at the Windy City C.C. (see 3rd. place windy city deck report)
I call itSeveral Species of Small Poke’ (Furry) Creatures Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict. Taken from the Pink Floyd song of the same title (actually in the Guiness Book of World Records as the worlds longest song title) originally released on Umma Gumma, re-released on Works.
I think this is as close to guarantying a turn 2 Mewtwo as you can come. My main concern is the energy count. I’m not sure if it’s high enough to guaranty 2 on the first and 1 on the second, or 3 on the first. The main nemesis to this deck is an early Wobbuffet. The counter to this is Lunatone with a strength charm, so I don’t think I should lower that count any. Strength charm will also be good for the abundance of 70 HP stage 1’s. I’m not sure if lowering the balls, reporters, and or jugglers will still allow me to get a turn two Mewtwo. Has anyone seen or tested a deck like this, if so I’d like some constructive criticism. Thank You

this deck needs a solid strategy yours just is not good enough if you want a deck with a bacis of mewtwo ex its hard even though hes good so if you want to use mewtwo try a skeptile mewtwo deck

Unlike Hyper, I like the idea of all-around tech! Here's a quick fix, so you'll have better results:

Pokemon (14)

4 Mewtwo EX
2 Wobbuffet
1 Solrock
1 Ditto
1 Raikou (Skyridge)
1 Suicune (Aquapolis)
4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)

Trainers (30)

4 Dual Ball
2 Master Ball
2 Apricorn Maker
4 T.V. Reporter
4 Juggler
3 Warp Point
3 Strength Charm
3 Switch
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Mirage Stadium (disruptive!!! oooooh)
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (16)

4 Multi
12 Psychic

Pokemon: I figured that, since you were focusing heavily on a turn two/three mewtwo no matter WHAT, I put in a slew of dunsparce so you can setup fast. As for the other edits? Well, Wobbuffet will also be key, since you need a good basic to combat ex's, especially Gardevoir ex.

Trainers: Heck, you're playing with them, so why not? Apricorn maker is a great way to fetch ball cards (NOT an innuendo! ;)). Also, I figured that briney's compassion, if used sparingly, could help you out a great deal! Also, I didn't edit the deck in this fashion, but you might also want to find room for Desert Shamans: after all, half of WINNING with fast decks is shutting your opponent down.

Good luck with the deck!
~Patriarch

The quickest way to insure a fully-powered turn two mewtwo -ex?:

4 marrill (free retreat)
4 mewtwo -ex

4 dual ball (pokemon fan club would get in the way of your ability to use TV reporter or Juggler first turn)
4 juggler
4 TV reporter
(other trainers peripheral...your usual draw engine, healing stuff, switchiness)

And that's the basis of the deck. Energy is up to you, depending on the number of trainers you like to run. The bottom line being a turn-two fully powered mewtwo -ex, you'll want to minimize the chances of starting with (insert any of the 8 additional pokemon you have in your deck). Marrill retreats for free, saving you your energy attach for that first turn, assuming you don't start with a mewtwo -ex - necessitating the use of the dual ball, or some of your card drawing, to find one on that first turn. Of course, you could drop the marrill, making this a rather bizarre version of the old "Mewtwo Mulligan" idea. If you don't particularly care about mulliganing 6 or 7 times, that's actually the way to go, though there's an even sneakier thing you could do, that I'll present later. Anyway, get that mewtwo first turn, attach your energy, use one of those discarding trainers (you'll have at least 8 in the deck...TV reporter and juggler), and start with the 60 turn two.

Yes, it's fragile. Yes, a single wobbuffet could thrash it. However, your question was, to paraphrase, "Is my deck as close to guaranteeing a second-turn fully powered mewtwo -ex as you can get?". The above is your answer, in skeletal form.

Now for the even sneakier, and stronger, possibility:

4 mewtwo -ex
(Any fossil-based pokemon line out there....Cradily and Omastar are nasty...You could run Kabutops -ex, but again, wobbuffett....)
A few marrill, just for the safety net

4 Juggler
4 TV reporter
4 (Mysterious fossil, root fossil, claw fossil....your choice. Avoid the buried fossil; you can't choose to take a mulligan with it)
More of your standard trainers

Energy to taste (cradily and omastar require very little energy to be effective, cradily in particular).

Now you've got power AND tech. With the fossils, you have the option to take a mulligan if you don't start with that mewtwo -ex. You can also leave one active if you like the card draw in your hand and go from there to get your mewtwo -ex, picking up the fossil when you're ready. For example, a starting hand of:

2 root fossil
3 psychic energy
1 juggler
1 dual ball

Would be hard to say no to, although you could. Drop both fossil, and use that beautiful card draw to try and snag a mewtwo. Of course, all you really need is some combination of Mewtwo -ex+energy+(TV reporter or Juggler), so with the versatility of the fossils, you could just mulligan until you get that. If you fear fire, run the omastar. If you love board control and fear gardevoir -ex, run the cradily. Overall, here's what I'd run:

4 mewtwo -ex
3 lileep
3 cradily
(10 pokemon)

4 root fossil
4 TV reporter
4 Juggler
2 (other card draw...I suggest oak's research, for when you feel your deck could use a good shuffle)
4 switch/warp point (save that mewtwo! warp point: Get that dang wobbuffett outta the active!)
2 town volunteers (juggler+TV reporter=quick decking without this)
3 dual ball (remember, we're all about that first turn mewtwo)
4 oran berry/potion/moo-moo (your choice)
3 (whatever....low pressure system? Strength charm? Crystal shard? Even super energy removal 2 can be wicked with your active fossil....)
Total: 30

Energy:
16 psychic
4 grass (not multi....you can't use multi with juggler, or get it back with town volunteers)
Total: 20 (high, but remember, your energy is part of your draw engine too...plus, this deck has so much space that you can feel free to tinker)

Bottom line is that you can use the mulligan to your advantage, until you've got that turn one active mewtwo with the ability to charge itself up. You've also got a "backup hitter" that, in other decks, is the focal point. Not alot of decks can stand up to a consistent turn-two-and-on 60 damage. I chose cradily for its ability to get wobbuffett out of the active slot for you. If you fear blaziken-rayquaza more, omastar may be your choice. Hope this helps. And, well, heck....I like this idea so much I'm going to post it separately, see what I can generate with it.

Cheers,

Dendrobatida said:
The quickest way to insure a fully-powered turn two mewtwo -ex?:

4 marrill (free retreat)
4 mewtwo -ex

4 dual ball (pokemon fan club would get in the way of your ability to use TV reporter or Juggler first turn)
4 juggler
4 TV reporter
(other trainers peripheral...your usual draw engine, healing stuff, switchiness)

And that's the basis of the deck. Energy is up to you, depending on the number of trainers you like to run. The bottom line being a turn-two fully powered mewtwo -ex, you'll want to minimize the chances of starting with (insert any of the 8 additional pokemon you have in your deck). Marrill retreats for free, saving you your energy attach for that first turn, assuming you don't start with a mewtwo -ex - necessitating the use of the dual ball, or some of your card drawing, to find one on that first turn. Of course, you could drop the marrill, making this a rather bizarre version of the old "Mewtwo Mulligan" idea. If you don't particularly care about mulliganing 6 or 7 times, that's actually the way to go, though there's an even sneakier thing you could do, that I'll present later. Anyway, get that mewtwo first turn, attach your energy, use one of those discarding trainers (you'll have at least 8 in the deck...TV reporter and juggler), and start with the 60 turn two.

Yes, it's fragile. Yes, a single wobbuffet could thrash it. However, your question was, to paraphrase, "Is my deck as close to guaranteeing a second-turn fully powered mewtwo -ex as you can get?". The above is your answer, in skeletal form.

Now for the even sneakier, and stronger, possibility:

4 mewtwo -ex
(Any fossil-based pokemon line out there....Cradily and Omastar are nasty...You could run Kabutops -ex, but again, wobbuffett....)
A few marrill, just for the safety net

4 Juggler
4 TV reporter
4 (Mysterious fossil, root fossil, claw fossil....your choice. Avoid the buried fossil; you can't choose to take a mulligan with it)
More of your standard trainers

Energy to taste (cradily and omastar require very little energy to be effective, cradily in particular).

Now you've got power AND tech. With the fossils, you have the option to take a mulligan if you don't start with that mewtwo -ex. You can also leave one active if you like the card draw in your hand and go from there to get your mewtwo -ex, picking up the fossil when you're ready. For example, a starting hand of:

2 root fossil
3 psychic energy
1 juggler
1 dual ball

Would be hard to say no to, although you could. Drop both fossil, and use that beautiful card draw to try and snag a mewtwo. Of course, all you really need is some combination of Mewtwo -ex+energy+(TV reporter or Juggler), so with the versatility of the fossils, you could just mulligan until you get that. If you fear fire, run the omastar. If you love board control and fear gardevoir -ex, run the cradily. Overall, here's what I'd run:

4 mewtwo -ex
3 lileep
3 cradily
(10 pokemon)

4 root fossil
4 TV reporter
4 Juggler
2 (other card draw...I suggest oak's research, for when you feel your deck could use a good shuffle)
4 switch/warp point (save that mewtwo! warp point: Get that dang wobbuffett outta the active!)
2 town volunteers (juggler+TV reporter=quick decking without this)
3 dual ball (remember, we're all about that first turn mewtwo)
4 oran berry/potion/moo-moo (your choice)
3 (whatever....low pressure system? Strength charm? Crystal shard? Even super energy removal 2 can be wicked with your active fossil....)
Total: 30

Energy:
16 psychic
4 grass (not multi....you can't use multi with juggler, or get it back with town volunteers)
Total: 20 (high, but remember, your energy is part of your draw engine too...plus, this deck has so much space that you can feel free to tinker)

Bottom line is that you can use the mulligan to your advantage, until you've got that turn one active mewtwo with the ability to charge itself up. You've also got a "backup hitter" that, in other decks, is the focal point. Not alot of decks can stand up to a consistent turn-two-and-on 60 damage. I chose cradily for its ability to get wobbuffett out of the active slot for you. If you fear blaziken-rayquaza more, omastar may be your choice. Hope this helps. And, well, heck....I like this idea so much I'm going to post it separately, see what I can generate with it.

Cheers,

if you want to go with the NEW mewtoo muligan thing, i sugest desert shamman to magicaly and very hummerosly wisk away there new hand of 12 LOL :D :D

Yeah, talk about that on my separate post. Shaman is definitely the way to go. I run three. Should probably run four.

Hyper Eevee
Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, but if you have an opinion about why this deck won’t work please state that instead of just saying it won’t and suggesting a completely different deck.

Patriarch
It had not occurred to me to use Dunnsparce. I think you have definitely improved the odds on getting a Mewtwo by turn three. I am thinking however that the power of Mewtwo is to take out the basic and support poke’mon before they have a chance to get set up. Your first K.O. (T2) will most likely be a Dunnsparce or some thing they can afford to let go. Your second K.O. (T3) and subsequent K.O.’s will hopefully be the important ones. By giving your opponent the extra turn to evolve you increase the chance that they will be able to survive your initial barrage and come back with vengeance. I don’t know if this will actually hold true because I have very little time to test things out. This is just what I’m thinking right now.

Dendrobatida
I like this combo. I think this might be a stronger deck. I am wondering, kind of like my earlier comments though, if allowing your opponent to draw the extra cards, via mulligans, will allow them to survive the initial hits and come back. If you play shaman you also won’t be able to play your T.V. reporter or juggler on the first turn. If your going the mulligan option though a lot of these decks are running all 12 fossils. Did you not go that direction to save room? My original idea was to get a turn 2 Mewtwo without doing the mulligan thing. I’m just not sure if a deck like that would have enough legs to last the distance or if it’s even workable in the first place.

Last edited:
Dld4a: Oh, no doubt, the chances of mulliganing numerous times are there, and that's the sacrifice you've got to make in this format for that kind of speed. With the fossils, or perhaps fossils + error marril (especially if going omastar), it does give you a bit more leeway. The desert shaman conundrum isn't too hard to overcome because of the limits of first-turn play. Even if your opponent goes first, and has an extra 3 cards due to your mulliganing, there's only so many of them you'll see before you have a chance to wipe their hand away again - your typical dunsparce type stuff, or perhaps an extra rayquaza. Also, remember that the shaman is in your control; I'd save it until you've got what you need, and then drop it, or not play it at all. Wait until they oracle, perhaps, or use wynaut. Also, the mulliganing thing is under your control as well. If you've mulliganed a couple of times, and don't want to anymore, slap down your fossil and go from there. It's not THAT bad of a start, especially if you have one of the lileep in hand as well, or a fastball. I posted the full tweaked deck in a post called "Mutilate, or, if you prefer, mewdil-ate". I've been playing a bit with it, and find that it works quite well. I've been particularly impressed with the speed of the draw engine and the flexibility the turn two mewtwo allows you. At the very least, it forces your opponent to counter that mewtwo immediately, rather than sit behind a dunsparce and set up their blazikens and rayquazas, or their gardevoirs. If you want a few more fossils, you could even add an aerodactyl -ex, or a 2-1-1 line of omastar to go with it and fight against the fire pokemon out there. I'm a big fan of dunsparce, but I'm in agreement with you: turn three is too slow for mewtwo -ex, because by turn three, amphy -ex, blaziken, rayquaza, gardevoir, and all the other stuff out there is already set up too (assuming they get a good start). This deck's strength is that it allows you to opt to get a better start, and it is that fast start, combined with mid and late game board control, that will win you the game. You're right in having concerns about the early game potential for several mulligans in a row, but you do have some control over it, and after all, isn't it worth the risk to pound your opponent flat before they even get out of the gate? It's a card game, for heaven's sake...gamble a little bit :D

Well, I appreciate the props, man, but I think I need to solve something: you see, the reason you had 'cune, entei, and ditto in there for the first place is that you needed tech to the environment. Well, you're going to get massacred by wobbuffet if you're not careful, so you have to consider that too, since ALL psychic decks play the guy, and many other decks just splash it in for safety.

So, one of us is focusing on pure, untainted drawing and building up of the ex, and the other is thinking ahead, and focusing on the broader scope of things. Good luck on that deck, man, 'cause I've got my own CC to go to! @_@

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back