Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Might as well try another deck.... Sharpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDawg

To start things off, I haven't played this game in over a year, last tried when Expedition came out. So don't be too harsh on the criticism here, thanks.

Pokemon: 20
4x Team Aqua's Sharpdeo (3 R, 1 H)
4x Team Aqua's Carvanha (40 HP, Confuse Ray)
3x Psyduck (Newest)
3x Golduck (Forgot the set, Poke power to confuse)
3x Dunsparce
2x Wobbufet
1x Team Aqua's Walrein

Trainers: 19
4x Professor Oak's Research
3x TV Reporter
3x High Pressure System
3x Team Aqua's Conspirator
3x Oracle
2x Archie
1x Team Aqua's T.M. 01

Energy: 21
4x Double Rainbow Energy
4x Aqua Energy
5x Psychic
8x Water

The strategy is simple, try to deliver a second or third turn 70 damage. The high pressure system allows Golduck to switch with others to deliver confusion usually and then strike with Sharpedo for 60. The Golduck could attack but it wouldn't be necessary. Other then that pretty self-explanitory. I'm just not sure on the trainers and the current metagame so hints would be nice. Thanks. (I think everything works out right, haven't playtested yet....)

Last edited:
Not a bad concept. You might want to take out 1 Psyduck and 1 Golduck for 2 Wobbuffet. The Wobbuffet would help out a lot against EX pokemon while Golduck is confusing them.
-1 Team Aqua's TM 01 for Team Aqua's Walrein.

Last edited:
Those Sharpedos are a real annoyer, this deck will really get your opponent made. Just watch out for Ampharos decks and watch out for the Double Rainbows, too much may mess you up. Good luck with the deck. :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that also but they work very well with the Golduck and the 2nd turn effectiveness. I'd like to keep the 4 of them since it basically gives me 4 cards that allow me to 70 damage 2nd turn maybe or 60 or 50.

You'll have to be careful with a newish rule: you may only retreat once per turn. Thus, in order to pull off the confusion thing, you'd have to retreat your sharpedo, bring up your golduck, flip to see if you can confuse, and then, somehow, get sharpedo back up there. You can't just retreat the golduck after your flip, and you can't continue to retreat golducks until you get the flip result you need. Overall, I think this would be too slow to execute, since the combo you're talking about would only work every other turn (try to confuse, retreat, attack with sharpedo, end turn. Retreat sharpedo, try to confuse, attack with golduck, end turn. Repeat), and the confusion is only on a flip. Also, confusion isn't all that great now, since the opponent can retreat without a flip. Seems just too slow and risky for me, particularly given the low HP of your main attackers, the reliance on flips, and the ease with which opponents can escape confusion nowadays.

Ok, thanks. Lol, you can only retreat once now? Darn......and confusion doesn't require a flip. Yeah, this deck sucks after those two rules. Thanks for telling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back