Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mighteyena and Omanyte

GOROY

I was wondering when we will be able to get the nintendo guys to make rulings on the cards but I was wondering if anyone could fiure out if I could get my strategy working: I have holo Mighteyena attacking and LC omanyte on my bench. Mighteyena's attack says: "Choose a card from your opponent's hand without looking and discard it."
With omanyte's power: "Your opponent plays with his or her hand face up." So, can I use Mighteyena's attack and pick a card from my choice for my opponent to discard or do I pick without looking?

Here's a compendium ruling for a similar scenario:

Q. How should you play The Rocket's Trap if Omanyte's "Clairvoyance" power is active (opponent plays with hand face-up)? Does the opponent have to hide the cards in order for them to be chosen "at random" or can I look at which ones to pick?
A. Turn the cards upside down and randomize them (shuffle) then chose three at random. (Sep 14, 2000 WotC Chat, Q54 & Q104)

So you would do the same here. Flip them upside down, mix them up, then choose one, discard it, then flip them back up.

Back