Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mimic usable?

Smeargle1

So, I had this idea that if you mimiced a sketch and then used the sketch, then the sketched move would stick around. Is this true, or do I need to rethink my Furfroo?

Sketch is only a permanent "stick" for Smeargle. After the battle, the move mimic will revert back to Mimic unless it is Smeargle.

Correct. Mimicking Sketch will end after the battle resolves.

even in gen 3- mimic will become mimic after a battle. a pokemon can not have a move it can not learn (unless hacked) out-side of it's tm and level moves to be changed/altered out-side of a battle. in-battle, mimic is an effect, not a permanent resolution to an outcome of a battle that has a lasting effect. same as like transform- your pokemon will revert back to it's original form. Sketch, on the other hand, is the only attack that will remain under specific circumstances and breaks the after-battle conclusion for a change to take place to a pokemon's move-set. since sketch is specific to smeargle- it I the only programmed pokemon to have the privilege of the one-time after battle effect of having a move replace sketch.

Back