Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mixed Attacks

headsrcool

What would happen if you said the name of an attack that you could not use at all. Not just on the pokemon that is active.

Example; If I have a Gardevoir active and a Holon's Castform on the bench and I say Delta Draw, what would happen?

Also what if they disable one of your attacks and you say the name of that attack?

Example; If I have a Gardevoir active and they have a Sableye active and they used Disable on Phychic Lock and I say the name of the attack, Phychic Lock. What would happen?

Thanks in advance.

Generally, when you declare an attack, you have entered the Attack part of your turn and can't return to the general actions part of your turn without your opponent letting you "take it back".

Now, if you declare an attack that belongs to your active but you can't use it (because of wrong energy cards or Disable), then you are free to choose another attack on that Pokemon and use that, if you can. If there is no other attack that you can use, your turn ends.

Calling an attack from a benched Pokemon is a bit stranger and a judge might rule that different ways, either that you are in the attack step and must declare a legal attack or end your turn, or maybe that you are not in the attack phase since you didn't even declare an attack that belongs to your Active. These are judgment calls since you can make up any number of slightly different scenarios for these kinds of things.

In my opinion, as a judge, I would rule that you have declared your intention to attack and so are in the attack step.
Other judges might rule differently.

Back