4 rosy research
4 ssu
4 switch
3 pluspower
2 warp point
3 oak's visit

total: 24

28 fire energy

Ok, so this is just a fun deck I've been experimenting with. I found that I can easily get a t2 100 damage hit with molrtres if I'm able to use supporters t1. I try to start with stantler, if I don't I can easily switch. Use stantler to get felicity so you can discard 2 energy right off the bat. And with 28 energy, that should be very easy to do. Once you don't have any energy left on moltres after you attacked, ssu warp or switch for a new moltres. Rosy gets you multiple moltres to try to activate the power.

Last edited:
2 things:
1. That isn't very many Pokemon, even with the supporters, which you can't play more than once per turn, you're not going to have a very full bench, so if they have a beatdown type of deck, you're cooked. Also, you're gonna end up having to redraw your hand many times during setup, so that gives your opponent the advantage again.
2. Having that many supporters does seem appealing, but with the aforementioned lack of pokemon, and the fact that you can only play one per turn, you won't be able to do much with them before your opponent clears your bench.

I only have 10 supporters. I know that my hand won't do much for me late game. I was hoping to either donk them or delay their setup.

Last edited:
My bench is actually quite full. I use stantler start to get a rosy, so I can fill the bench with moltres. And over half of my starts will be stantler.

I've been testing this out, and this is how it usually goes:

I go second (can't count on this, but this is what has been happening)
stantler start, 1 moltres in my hand. search for felicity.

next turn I use it to discard 2 energy and draw up 4 cards. I usually get a moltres or a rosy if I didn't have one. I play a moltres or 2, and if my luck is decent, I usually get a 100 damage hit t2.

I can survive without supporters, stantler gets me a rosy or a f. draw (whichever one I'm missing) and then I'm usually set to send out 3 or 4 birds.

I have been having problems with luck, though. Sometimes I flip heads on 3 bird powers, and sometimes I miss all 3. SSU hardly helps. Is there anything I can do to make it so I won't get crushed if my birds fail me?

problem is rotom dies in 1 hit. But it might be a good recovery.
I didn't understand the last part of your post.↑ about the motor.

playtested for the first time against an actual person. 100 damage t2! the deck worked very well.

I had the idea of adding cresslia lx. It charges while moltres does most of the damage. However, the deck takes longer to set up. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Play mentor in combination with roseanne to accelerate your discards and set up a big bench quickly. With 28 energy, it doesn't seem like you'll need roseanne's energy-fetching ability over mentor. Beach? Sableye would also be a good tech to accelerate discards and to prevent other Moltres decks from attacking you altogether. (;

Oh, sorry. I have been changing some of the numbers a bit. Forgot to change the totals.

Anyway, I was thinking about adding another pokemon line, but I don't want it to use a lot of cards. It has to be a stage 1, basic, or basic level x. I want it to be able to hit hard with limited energy. Any suggestions?

Maybe a claydol to let you cycle through your cards a bit more, the down side is the baltoy start. but since your getting most of your energy from the discard pile you can afford to retreat baltoy.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

ok after play testing I decided that I liked Bronzong MT in this deck. He has a nice combo of letting you draw 2 cards for 1 energy discard. It works very well to speed up you deck a little and to dump your energy into discard pile..
I also added 4 metal energy because it is good to have another color on Moltres so you only have to discard 2 fire when you attack, that lets you do 100 damage every other turn. That is how you deal with bad flips when moltres comes into play or if you have to start with him.
Last but not least I added Quick Ball and Night Maintenance.

so try this out.

4 - Moltres MD
2 - Bronzor MD
2 - Bronzong MT
4 - Stantler

4 - Felicity's Drawing
3 - Roseanne's Research

4 - Quick Ball
4 - Super Scoop Up
4 - Night Maintenance
4 - Switch

22 - Fire Energy
3 - Metal Energy

Don't be afraid to dump tons of energy into the discard you will get it back out with Night Maintence.

If your coin flipping is really good you will be unbeatable, if it is bad you will have to give up a prize or two.

One other thing to test out is the starter. I tried it without Stantler and it was not too bad starting with Moltres. You could also look at Delibird if you feel good about your coin flipping, or Girafarig to go for the trainers like the Super Scoop Up.
Maybe 2 Stantlers and a Delibird and a Girafarig... maybe not.

Last edited:
Hey Sam,

Problem comes when you run into Empoleon and/or Kyogre LA. But other then that, if your not attacking with Moltress constantly, they will just set-up a field of Gallades and Gardys while Psychic-Locking you. Don't rely too much on his PokePower either, rely on Rotom (MD). Try this Rotress or 'Overheated Motom' deck:

Pokemon:10

3x Rotom (MD)
3x Unown [?] (LA)
4x Moltress (LA)

Energy:22

4x Call Energy
18x Fire Energy

Trainers:28

2x Snowpoint Temple (LA)

4x Falicitys Drawing (GE)
4x Rosannes Research (SW)
2x Cynthias Plan (LA)

2x Quick Ball <<<Thats just a filler. 4x Roseannes/4x Moltress/4x Call Energy should cover that
4x Energy Patch (LA)
4x Warp Point (MD)
4x Super Scoop Up (DP)
2x Night Maintence (SW)

By the way, heres a translation for Unown [?]:

Unown ? – :psychic: – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: ?
You can use this Power once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. Place 1 Pokemon card from your hand face down. Then, your opponent guesses that Pokemon's type. Flip the card face up, and if your opponent guessed incorrectly, draw 1 card from your deck. Then, return the placed-down card to your hand.

[.] Hidden Power: Discard up to 2 cards from your hand. Then, draw the same number of cards from your deck.

Weakness: :psychic: (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: :colorless

Last edited:
3 Stantler
2-2 Claydol
4 Moltres

is what I would have my line or a 2-2 Furret line.

Furret didn't do bad with his seconed attack too becuase you have Furret take all the damadge then Baton Pass. Heres a deck I made not to long ago:

4x Sentret (SW)
4x Furret (SW)

4x Growlithe (SW)
4x Arcanine (SW)

2x Voltorb (SW)
2x Electrode (SW)

LOTS of Fire Energy and like 3 Multi

4x Roseannes Research (SW)
4x Bebe's Search (SW)
4x Bucks Training (LA)
4x Plus Power (DP)
4x Super Scoop Up (DP)
etc

Arcanine does 130 while Electrode takes care of water and acts as Rainbow Energy.

On a added note, check this thread out that got alot of speculation http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72169 (its HP-On format thoe)

Last edited:
I'll try this.....when you were testing this, were you able to get t2 100 with moltres?

Yes it happens but the follow up is a booger. one of 2 things generally happens either you slap another moltres on the bench and win the flip or you lose the flip and play the energy catch game.
It is an extremely flippy deck but I had fun with it. I was really impressed with the 100 damage every other turn aspect too. It is surprisingly good especially if you have any buddies that use potions.

Hey Danny, good to see ya.

I have been trying to make a very fast version of this deck. I tried rotom, but he's just too slow. I came up with this:

4 lunatone
1 solrock
4 stantler
4 moltres

4 rosy
4 felicity
ssu
4 warp point
4 switch (this is needed!!)
speed stadium/ quick ball
rowan

4 call energy
2 rock
the rest: fire

The ones without numbers I haven't decided the right amount to put in. I need help with the trainer line, dp-on trainers stink, I barely have any choices. Could someone help me on getting this deck faster without using not-yet-released trainers?

The deck works very well. I get t2 moltres a lot, and the failed moltres are charged with rock and call energy so they won't discard as much.

dp-on trainers stink, I barely have any choices.

AGREED!!:biggrin::nonono:

But for the record most people just use Claydol instead of alot of trainers. In addition, Bebe's wouldn't hurt much here; theres alot to put back and pulling out your basics is needed in this deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back