Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mouse Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidlesspez

I'm done with Omastar. It's ok, but it just can't beat some decks, like Scizor, Electric, and Sceptile. Unfortunately, those are the only decks I face at my local league! Go figure. So now I've got a new deck that uses Cradily, something I've wanted to use but I never knew what to use with it...until now!

Pokemon-19
4 Root Fossil
3 Lileep (Influence, Time Spiral)
3 Cradily
3 Pichu
3 Pikachu
3 Raichu ex

Trainers-24
4 Professor Oak’s Research
3 Professor Birch
3 Desert Shaman
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Potion
3 Oran Berry
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Switch
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-17
10 Electric
4 Grass
3 Warp

Strategy is to get Cradily out and a powered up Raichu or two. Pick who you want to KO with Cradily, then bring Raichu in for the kill. Pichu can power Raichu back up really quickly and Elekid gets energy on everything. I haven't tested this deck out yet but I will at my league tomorrow if I get a ride. So fix it up before I go tomorrow. I'm sure I'm forgetting something to put in or some numbers need to be adjusted. Thanks in advance for any fixes!

Last edited:
Ok, I made one change so far, I took out the Elekids for another Pichu and Switch.

Venusaur, after I lure them out I use Warp or Switch hopefully to bring Raichu out. Last resort is retreating, so I may need more Switch and Warp in my deck to make this work better.

jesschow12, I don't need that Electrode. I have Pichu. Cradily is a major part of this deck. You get to pick who you want to KO. That way you don't waste doing 120 to a Claw Fossil or something. I can just pick whatever they are powering up and knock it out. It's really gnarly disruption.

Swampert, what does the tin Pikachu do?? I looked on eBay and I couldn't find it. The Sandstorm one will work for now though.

Name: Pikachu
HP: 50
Type: Lightning
Basic Pokemon

C Agility
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to Pikachu during your opponent's next turn.

LC Thundershock 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: None
Retreat: C

I like that one a little better. Too bad it's gonna be hard to get three of those. I did go to my league today and the deck only went 1-3. I was pretty bummed by that, but I'm hoping that I just got unlucky starts/flips/whatever on those games that made me loose. It definately has better potential than that record. Keeps the suggestions coming!

Last edited:
i'm just worried about the energy count, it seems low considering ur gonna be discarding 3 every time u attack with raichu.

Cradily is a nice idea, maybe try out Victreebell too, though u don't get the damage with poison, u also don't have to attack that turn... and u don't need the massive switching.

I'd add anotehr switch in there somehow. Maybe drop a warp for antoher lightning too.

Gl with it , plaid, it looks like it could be good. YOu may want some Azurill in there to grab thos Root Fossils

I like Cradily better because it's other attack is nice. I can just stick that thing out there if I don't have too much energy left. And it's not bad to get a turn 3 powered up Cradily either. I can let it attack while I power up some Raichus. You have to flip for Victreebell's power anyway, don't you?

I do need more Switch. I think I need to have like 4 for it to work a lot more smoothly. But I have no idea what to take out because I like my drawing system a lot.

I think I may take a warp out for another electric or even a grass, or get another energy in somehow. I do run really low at the end of games and at those times I can't even seem to get an energy for Pichu to power everything up. Pichu is awesome though, especially once you take out their big attackers you can just sit it out there for a few turns and have your whole bench powered up, though that does load up the damage on my pokemon. Cradily can get rid of it, but Raichu is harder to heal.

I think my strategy was a little off with this deck at first. They new strategy is to get a powered up Cradily ASAP and take some stuff out while I power up some Raichus, or even another Cradily to swarm. After my opponent gets something big powered up I can just take it out with Raichu. But I think Cradily is more important, Raichu is there to get some quick big KOs while Cradily stays on cruise control to take the smaller stuff out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if anyone can tell me of any good Dragons cards to use, let me know which ones and what they do. I'll try to get them when I go to my prerelease next sunday.

Last edited:
Well I've fixed it up with Dragons cards cause I got some at the prerelease yesterday.

Pokemon-20
4 Root Fossil
3 Lileep (Influence, Time Spiral)
3 Cradily
2 Pichu
3 Pikachu
3 Raichu ex
2 Minun

Trainers-23
4 Switch
4 Professor Oak’s Research
3 Professor Birch
3 Desert Shaman
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
2 Low Pressure System
2 Oran Berry
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-17
10 Electric
6 Grass
1 Warp

Ok, well the biggest new card in the deck is Minun. It just is awesome. It heals a damage off everything for one energy and then does either 20 or 40 to who you choose for two energy! And it has 60 health with low pressure system out. It's an awesome card, and it also works well with Pichu, cause I can load up a few turns and then take all the damage off with Minun. I still need to get them though, cause I traded for two Plusle instead because I thought they did the same thing but then I actually read it and now i'm stuck with two Plusle and my friend has two Minun. :mad:

I may want to take the two Orans out for another Fan Club, or Lileep, or Raichu ex or something else. Or I could take an energy out too. I dunno. I need some suggestions on that. But the deck has been pretty good so far, and it's really fun to play. It's 3-3 I think. I haven't been able to test it too much cause my local league is closing down and a new one is going to start up but not until next year. So if anyone wants to play on Apprentice IM me at plaidlesspez. Later

Last edited:
Man, adding Plusle or Minum for the first attack is goood, should defenitely try this out for 2-2 battling. 1 active Pichu + 1 Active Minum/Plusle. On Turn 2 you can build up your Pokemon without any damage!!!! Add 1 energy to 2 different Pokemon, and then Minum/Plusle heal the damage!!!! SWEET. Still not shabby for 1-1.... but I think Chansey EX may be better for that, over double the HP, and same weakness, just a pesky EX Rule is only downside!!!

Actually Spectreon, you can only attach the energies to one pokemon with Pichu's attack (either two or one energy to only one pokemon). That is still a really good strategy though. Don't forget about Minun's second attack, it's really good. Tons of pokemon have pokebodies or pokepowers, just look through your binder of Ruby/Sapphire to Dragons cards. Practically half have them. Minun can hit them for 40 for only 2 energies, even if they're on the bench! That's really good! It even got me my last prize today vs an Amphy deck. I think both of them may start to show up in decks as tech just for its first attack, cause if you can keep it out there a few turns in the late game when your damage is piled up, that will save you big time.

Sorry, forgot it was to only one Pokemon, havent used the little mouse yet. Still, in 2 player, 2 energy for 10 damage, not shaby.

To help with retreating, maybe drop a couple of supporters from some Balloon Berries. The count seems a tad high to me (15 of 23). i would drop 1 Oak and 1 Shaman maybe a Elm to add 2-3 Ballon Berries

No I meant Elm, as in Elm's Training method.

Since it is modified obviosly, I cut Oaks research down to Oak, and Elms Training Method down to Elm.

I don't think I really need Balloon Berry. I do have 4 Switch and 2 Warp already. I'll think about it though. I don't actually need to switch too much anyway, just in the late game when I want to get my last couple prizes, and in the late game my deck is very thinned out so it's easy to get switches/warps.

It's not bad having a ton of supporters. I just use one a turn to get what I need that turn, and the next turn use another and so on. E-On isn't a really fast format so it doesn't matter too much if I can only use one trainer a turn. I need all the drawing a can get, so I'm fine with it.

All I really think I need now is just another Raichu ex incase one is in the prizes or something. And maybe another Fan Club, but I don't know what to take out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back