Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MP Birch's Crystal Guardians Schedule for Texas & Oklahoma

:clap: ****Ex Crystal Guardians' Schedule****:clap:

MP Birch has the schedule for the "Ex Crystal Guardians" Prereleases. Please check below for the location and date for your prerelease.:biggrin:

August 12, 2006

"Y2Komics"
5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133
Regristration Starts: 10:00am
"GBA" Starts: 10:30am (You must be registered in the prerelease before playing)
Prerelease Starts: 11:30am
"Booster Draft" Starts: After the Prerelease

"Drake's Place"
1911 S. Sunnylane, Unit-1
Del City, Oklahoma 73115

August 13, 2006

"Heroes & Fantasies"
4945 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Regristration Starts: 12:00pm
"GBA" Starts: 12:30pm (You must be registered in the prerelease before playing)
Prerelease Starts: 1:00pm

August 26, 2006

"JJK Cards"
501 S. Plano Road, Suite 667
Richardson, Texas 75081

MP Birch hopes that you will be able to attend one or some of these prereleases. :clap: This is the set that we have all been waiting for!!!:clap: So, you need to start making plans to attend. I will post more details in the near future. Until then, good luck to those that will be attending "WORLDS 2006".:wink:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch:pokeball:

Last edited:
This IS the set we've been waiting for!

You animals ALL better be at the JJK prerelease...or else :thumb:

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER said:
When Will The Rest Of Them Be Posted, Do U Know By Any Chance When There Comin To Oregon? Or Is Is Still Gonna Be In The Sumemr?

Oregon will be in a diff thread. Birch isn't in charge of Oregon.

Didn't you hear. He got promoted to World prerelese organizer. Now he will be making the big bucks. Sure hope he remembers all of us little ones. This is just a rumor I am starting. No truth to it.

ahh. i was ACTUALLY hoping that there was some truth to it! too bad :frown:

i'll probably be at the Del City one (what was the card stores name?:confused: ). i gotta check with my mum.

anyway if i go, see ya there Birch :thumb:

Arcanine 274 said:
ahh. i was ACTUALLY hoping that there was some truth to it! too bad :frown:

i'll probably be at the Del City one (what was the card stores name?:confused: ). i gotta check with my mum.

anyway if i go, see ya there Birch :thumb:
Arcanine 274 the name of the place is Drakes it is on sunnylane in del city

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

We look forward to seeing you again in del city Master professor Birch.

Last edited:
BeckordJ said:
Arcanine 274 the name of the place is Drakes it is on sunnylane in del city

We look forward to seeing you again in del city Master Professor Birch.

~BeckordJ~

Sorry guys. But, MP Birch will not be at the prerelease at "Drake's Place".:frown: I will be at the one in Fort Worth. Roy, Ryan, and Brian will be running this one for MP Birch.:cool: I am sure that they will take good care of ya'll at this prerelease. They have always filled in for me very well in the past!!!:thumb: :thumb:

I will miss my girlfriend, Megan.:wink:

:pokeball: MP Birch:pokeball:

Master Professor Birch said:
~BeckordJ~

Sorry guys. But, MP Birch will not be at the prerelease at "Drake's Place".:frown: I will be at the one in Fort Worth. Roy, Ryan, and Brian will be running this one for MP Birch.:cool: I am sure that they will take good care of ya'll at this prerelease. They have always filled in for me very well in the past!!!:thumb: :thumb:

I will miss my girlfriend, Megan.:wink:

NOOOOO!!!!!

*weeps in a corner*

we shall miss you Birch!

~~Flyers In Stores This Weekend~~​

MP Birch has mailed out flyers for the "ex Crystal Guardians" prereleases. I will take the flyers to "JJK Cards" on Sunday for league. The flyers should be in the stores by this weekend. Go by the store and pick up a flyer and play in your Pokemon League this weekend. I will see you soon.

Booster Drafts

:clap: :clap: **** Booster Drafts****:clap: :clap:

There will be "Booster Draft" tournaments after the "Ex Crystal Guardians" Prerelease for all four of MP Birch's events.:biggrin: You will have two chances to collect these great cards from this series each day.:wink: The "Booster Drafts" will be $15.00 per player and they will be held after prerelease.:thumb: Players will draft from packs using the Pokemon USA, Inc ruling for "Booster Draft". You will not want to miss out on these tournaments to get your hands on these cards at a great price!!! If you have never played in a "Booster Draft" before, you will have a great time with this type of event.:cool:

I'll be at both held in the DFW area.

Even if Fish can't take me... But I would LOVE him to. :D

David's Confused Pokedad said:
What happened to the talks on team play/father son etc.?:eek: :eek:

~David's Confused Pokedad~

MP Birch will check on that tomorrow morning with PUI and I will post the results from them tomorrow after I get them.:cool: If PUI allows us to do this, it will happen at "JJK Cards" on August 26th.:thumb: :thumb:

Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease Tournaments Fact Sheet

What are Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease tournaments?

Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians™ Prerelease tournaments allow players to receive and play with cards from the upcoming EX Crystal Guardians expansion up to three weeks prior to the official release date of the set! Results of these events will count toward your Limited-Format rankings. Participation prizes are awarded to all finishers in each of three age groups (10 and Under; 11–14; 15 and Up). Prerelease events are operated by independent Tournament Organizers across North America.

When are the Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians Prereleases?

Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease tournaments will be held from August 11th until August 27th. To find times and locations of EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease events in your area, click here. Remember, while we update our events schedule often, we suggest that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.

How much does the event cost?

Tournament Organizers may charge up to $21 U.S. (plus applicable taxes) per player as an entry fee for these events. You may want to contact your local Organizer in advance to find out what will be charged as an entry fee. The admission charge includes 6 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians, from which each player will build his or her deck. These cards are yours to keep after you complete the event.

What do I need to know?

# Bring your POP ID card, if you have one. If you don’t have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.
# See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.
# Make sure you arrive on time. If you are late for registration, you may not be able to play in the event.
# To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.
# See the Legal Notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information, including information concerning limitations on Pokémon’s liability.

What is the tournament structure?

The tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age-Modified Swiss pairings. If attendance is appropriate, some Organizers may choose to run straight Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds to be run will depend on total attendance at the event. In addition to the standard Prerelease tournament structure, some EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease events offer the more casual Theme Deck Challenge. For the Theme Deck Challenge, registration costs are the same as for the standard event, but players receive a theme deck of their choice to play in the event. At the end of the event, all participants receive 6 booster packs. The Theme Deck Challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age-Modified Swiss. Players do NOT receive rating points for participation in the Theme Deck Challenge.

What are the prizes?

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease promo card and an EX Crystal Guardians pin, while supplies last. In addition, all players who complete the event will receive 2 additional booster packs of EX Crystal Guardians cards and other exclusive EX Crystal Guardians TCG merchandise.

What happens after the tournament?

After the tournament ends, the Tournament Organizer will submit the tournament results to Pokémon USA, Inc., which sanctions the tournaments and will determine player rankings.

Legal Notices

(If you need more information on the "Ex Crystal Guardians" Prereleases, please go to the "Pokemon TCG" website at
http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/faqs/2005-2006/CG_prerelease_faq.asp )

**** JUDGES/STAFF****

The list of judges for this up-coming "Ex Crystal Guardians" prereleases are posted below.

~~August 12, 2006~~

"Drake's Place"
(Del City, Oklahoma)

(1) Roy Roberson (Head Judge/Tournament Organizer)
(2) Brian Dejournett (Judge)
(3) If Needed, Roy will pick 3rd Judge

"Y2Komics"
(Fort Worth, Texas)

(1) Danny Fish (Head Judge)
(2) Clay Carney (Judge)
(3) Danny Herzner (Judge)

~~August 13, 2006~~

"Heroes & Fantasies"
(San Antonio, Texas)

(1) Jose Eguia (Tournament Organizer)
(2) Frank Garino (Head Judge)

~~August 26, 2006~~

"JJK Cards"
(Richardson, Texas)

(1) Shane Potter (Head Judge)
(2) Robert Pelto (Judge)
(3) Gilbert Valdes, Jr (Judge)

I need each of these judges to confirm that they will be able to judge/staff these events for me.

Thanks.

MP Birch

Last edited:
Back