Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mr Dark Pupitar and Friends go to Sturgis, its a happy place

Status
Not open for further replies.

annisarich

Was thinking of bringing a few decks for that weekend. Here is one.

pokemon

2 TYROGUE
1 ROCKETS HITMONCHAN
1 ELEKID
2 CLEFFA
4 LAVITAR AQ
2 DARK PUPITAR NR
3 DARK TYRANITAR NR
2 BULBASAUR EX
2 DARK IVYSAUR PROMO
2 DARK VENUSAUR PROMO

TRAINERS

4 ELM
3 BREEDER
2 TRADER
2 GOLDBERRY
2 BILL
2 DOUBLE GUST
3 FOCUS BAND
2 SWITCH
1 FISHERMAN
1 TOWN VOLS

ENERGY

4 GRASS
3 DARKNESS
2 RECYCLE
6 FIGHTING
2 CRYSTAL

Add it a couple balloon berry to make use of Dark Ivasaurs Pokemon power....Its like a gust of wind when you retreat and Balloon Berry pays the retreat cost....It won't work with switch or warp point.....

If you can find room, a trainer I have found a lot of use for lately is Fastball from Skyridge. It allows you to reveal cards from your deck until you find an evolution card and then you put that card in your hand and shuffle your deck. With two evolution lines this could be helpful.

Also, Oracle from Skyridge lets you seach your deck for two cards of your choice, shuffle the rest of your deck, and put those 2 cards you chose on top of the deck.

I've always been conditioned to believe that two Stage 2's in a deck is not a good idea, but there's an exception to every rule. Personally, after looking at the Oracle, I feel that Dark Venusaur is not really all that good, but it does have its good points. Dark Ivysaur, however, is cool! A Gust of Wind effect (one of my favorite effects) as part of a Pokemon Power, and it doesn't even require a flip to activate. Balloon Berry is a very good idea, as Pokeplayer noted. With so many Dark Evolutions, you may want to put in some Rocket's Hideouts -- just 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back