Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mr Kecleon goes to Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

annisarich

Here is my sons (9) deck he has been preparing for Cities.

Pokemon 18

3 Kecleon SS
3 Aron SS
2 Larion SS
1 Larion RS
1 Aggron RS
2 Aggron EX SS
2 magnamite D
2 Magneton D
2 Wobbufet SS

SS= Sandstorm, RS= Ruby Saphire, D= Dragons

Trainers 23

3 Prof Elms Training Method
3 Rare Candy
3 Potion
3 Switch
2 Lannets Search
2 Lady Outing
1 Energy Search
3 Copy cat
2 Prof Oaks Research
1 Fisherman

Energy 19

4 metal
2 rainbow
3 electric
2 water
2 psy
2 grass
2 fighting
2 fire

Kecleon is the card used to stall while setting up or attack when needed. The combo of so much energy and a few lady outting allow to get him to any color.
Build up the Aggron/EX and go for the big hitting.
A few switch for taking care of special conditions. Wobuffet for other ex's and Magnaton for fun

Thanks for the input and look for my younger (5) son's Mr Swampert and Mrs. Growlith go on a Cities Honeymoon Deck.

annisarich said:
Here is my sons (9) deck he has been preparing for Cities.

Pokemon 18

3 Kecleon SS
3 Aron SS
2 Larion SS
1 Larion RS
1 Aggron RS
2 Aggron EX SS
2 magnamite D
2 Magneton D
2 Wobbufet SS

SS= Sandstorm, RS= Ruby Saphire, D= Dragons

Trainers 23

3 Rare Candy
3 Potion
3 Switch
2 Lannets Search
2 Lady Outing
1 Energy Search
3 Copy cat
2 Prof Oaks Research
1 Fisherman

Energy 19

4 metal
2 rainbow
3 electric
2 water
2 psy
2 grass
2 fighting
2 fire

Drop 25 cards
3 Kecleon
3 Electric, 2 Psy, 2 grass, 2 fighting, 2 fire, 1 Aggron, 2 Magnamite, 2 Magneton, 1 Fisherman, 1 Energy Search, 2 Lady Outing, 2 Lannette.

Now that we have freed up space lets work.

Pokemon 9
We should add some fire power here in case this deck faces :fire: . I'll add the Wailord line for back
up here. We of course will add Dunsparse for set-up.

Trainers 9
We need speed so use the oracle Poke'navi combo. Also add 1 more POR.

Energy Put energy that match the deck

Final

Pokemon 19
3 Aron
3 Lairion
2 Aggron EX
3 Wailmer
2 Wailord
4 Dunsparse
2 Wobbufett

Trainers 24
3 POR
3 Copycat
3 PETM
3 Switch
3 Potion
3 Rare Candy
3 Oracle
3 Poke'navi

Energy 17
4 Metal
3 Rainbow
7 Water
3 Psychic

~ Crimson ~

Dunno if I agree with the two previous posts, and here's why: You've titled your overall post "Mr. Kecleon [etc.]", so it's clear your son fancies the kecleon. If it's going to be the difference between your son really enjoying himself with an idea he created (and thus having a feeling of ownership of the deck) and your son playing a deck someone else created, and not having as much fun, well then, darnit, I think the kecleon should stay put. That being said:

3 kecleon (here's your protection vs. fire pokemon, with the water energy).
3 aron (your choice of set)
3 lairon (again, your choice)
2 aggron -ex
1 aggron
2 sentret
2 furret (Venus/jermy had the right idea here...it's energy searching ability works wonders with both
Aggron and kecleon)
3 Dunsparce
Total: 19

4 professor birch (works very well with furret and oracle)
4 oracle (in a deck where you're looking for specific cards...an energy, a single furret, etc., this works
well)
4 pokenav (works with the oracle)
2 power charge (you're running lotsa special energy, and getting them back, especially your boosts, is
key....oracle and furret will combo well with this too)
4 potion/moo-moo milk/oran berry (your choice)
2 switch
2 copycat/oak's research (general card draw/get rid of bad hand/shuffle that deck)
1 town volunteers
Total: 23

4 metal energy
3 rainbow
3 boost
2 warp energy (a switch that furret can search for.....)
2 water energy (here's kecleon's ammunition against fire)
2 psychic energy (kecleon's ammunition against gardevoir)
2 fighting energy (kecleon's ammunition against Amphy -ex, dunsparce, delcatty, ditto, etc.)
Total: 18

*note: you can exchange the basic energies for others, depending on what you fear most....the two most popular decks at the Winston-Salem CC were Gardevoir (I saw over 10 of them being played out of a total attendance of 55 or so...that's quite a few) and Blaziken/rayquaza (Saw about 6 of those).

Kecleon is a bit more risky than the higher hp wailord, but more versatile, especially with furret to get those energies for you. The major problem you'll face is that kecleon, even if it matches weaknesses well, isn't going to be able to dish out the damage you'd like it to (that is, the OHKO) on things like a blaziken, a gardevoir, a salamence, another aggron, etc. Be careful about the situations you use it in....better to surprise your opponent with it than use it as a general start-the-game sorta guy. Your big advantage will be that relatively few people play kecleon, and so few people do anything specific to stop it. It might buy you some time to set up that aggron -ex.

If I'm wrong about your son's desire to include kecleon in the deck, then you may wish to consider some of the more popular, and quite strong aggron/wailord decks out there, similar to the ones posted above and in other threads. If you're intent on the kecleon, though, good luck, and have fun.

I think you are correct.

He likes the kecleon idea. Its his own. He dosnt want to play a deck everyone else has.

We play tested the deck a bit and have decided that he needs to plan to defend against one or two types The idea of having every energy just doesnt work. ( I kinda told him that but he wants to make the deck)(I like him making the deck, its more fun than playing someone elses)

thanks for the suggestions.

Rich: Knowing your lack of cards i came up with this list.

Pokemon(26)
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Aggron EX
2 Sentret
2 Furret
3 Corphish(Dragons w/ Toxic claws or whatever)
3 Crawdaunt(Dragons Rare)
4 Dunsparce
2 Kecleon
2 Wobbuffet SS
Energy(15)
4 Metal
5 Water
3 Psychic
3 Boost(if you have them)
Trainers
3 PETM
3 Copycat
2 POR
2 Birch
3 Potion
3 Oran Berry
2 Switch
1 Crystal Shard

I have the Crawdaunts for trade/borrow if you need them. Thats a really rough list off the top of my head. When i see you at the CC Im assuming your headed to Garden City I can help it further. Good Luck and cya soon

tA

Thanks for some of the suggestions.

After reading and looking at what cards are available and a desire to keep with the origional theme. Here is a revised List.

Mr Kecleon and Friends

Pokemon 20

3 Kecleon SS
3 Aron SS
2 Larion SS
1 Larion RS
1 Aggron RS
2 Aggron EX SS
2 Dunsparce SS
2 Sentret AQ
2 Furret AQ
2 Wobbufet SS

SS= Sandstorm, RS= Ruby Saphire, D= Dragons AQ= Aquapolis

Trainers 20

1 Moo Moo
3 Potion
3 Switch
2 Crystal Shard
2 Lady Outing
1 Town Vol
3 Copy cat
2 Prof Oaks Research

Energy 20

4 metal
2 rainbow
3 Boost
3 water
3 psy
2 Warp
3 fighting

The electric thing did not work. So out with the Magnatons etc and added Dunsparce and Furret for Searching and getting cards to start and energy. He liked the Shard idea. Looked through these Boards and other places to see what decks were looking most common and changed the Energy line to reflect the ability to go after the most popular decks with Kecleon.

Played it yesterday and he killed my Cradily Deck. Then got whipped by a Swampert/ Arcanine deck played by his five year old brother.

Any other input is appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back