Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mr. Mime (SM - Team Up 66/181) Scoop-Up Block Clarification

Otaku

The Ability of Mr. Mime (SM - Team Up 66/181), "Scoop-Up Block" reads as such:

Ability: Scoop-Up Block
Your opponent’s Pokémon that have any damage counters on them, and any cards attached to those Pokémon, can’t be put into your opponent’s hand.​

Specifically, the "...and any cards attached to those Pokémon..." part. What all does this cover? I am taking it at face value, so all Stages of Evolution, attached Energy, Tools, and any oddballs I'm forgetting. A straightforward reading also suggests that this doesn't just stop effects like that of Acerola and Super Scoop Up, but also the "Tear Away" Ability of Weavile (XY - Steam Siege 61/114).

Ability: Tear Away
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may put a Pokémon Tool card attached to 1 of your Pokémon into your hand.​

At least if the Pokémon to which a Tool is attached has at least one damage counter on it. However, I am wondering if I am actually making this more complicated than it needs to be, and the part about attached cards is just there to make sure players know that Acerola (and friends) bounce nothing, not even attached cards, where Scoop-Up Block applies.

Thank you for your help!

Back