Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Muk EX, what does it do?

Spectreon

Well, I know its Power (Body???) turns off all Powers/Bodies while it is active, but what are its attacks??? Why is Balloon Berry good Muk EX tech??? I didnt get one of these cards, and didnt get to check it out better at the Prerelease.

Sounds like Aerodactyl EX might go well with Muk EX if used correctly...???...

Spectreon said:
Why is Balloon Berry good Muk EX tech???

Muk EX has an attack that includes a damage component which is calculated depending on the retreat cost of the Defender. (sorry I don't have the card in front of me to give you the exact wording) The new ruling on Balloon Berry states that a Balloon Berry reduces the retreat cost of a Pokemon to zero when it is attached, therefore it takes away any additional damage Muk EX could do.

BDS

Spectreon said:
Well, I know its Power (Body???) turns off all Powers/Bodies while it is active...

I don't have the card in front of me either but doesn't it say ignore all powers/bodies? Is that the same as turning them off?

Basically the same. The Powers dont work while Muk is active, except for another Muk EX, or Fossil Muk. They convienently gave their powers the same name, so they wont turn each other off (well, Muk wouldnt turn off Muk EX's, Muk EX's cant turn off Pokemon Powers, only Poke Powers/Bodies, if that makes any sense)

Back