Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My cards are bending by themselves :[

Leaf

This has only been happening lately, but all the cards I leave out in my room that are rev holo, or holo rare, have been bending. They're starting to roll themselves up over night, and I'm not sure why. This has only recently started happening, and it only happens to the rev holo/ picture holo cards.

Thanks in advance!

Your pal,
Burmy

Yeah, this happened to mine too.
To combat the problem buy a couple of binders and place them back to back.
Since they only bend inwards this prevents them from bending at all.
Also since the binder will be closed for most of the time the pressure will not only keep new ones straight but also begin to straighten out ones which were already bent.
Id recommend storing all rev holos this way unless using them in a deck, thats what I do and I haven;t really had a problem with bending since.

Yeah, this happened to mine too.
To combat the problem buy a couple of binders and place them back to back.
Since they only bend inwards this prevents them from bending at all.
Also since the binder will be closed for most of the time the pressure will not only keep new ones straight but also begin to straighten out ones which were already bent.
Id recommend storing all rev holos this way unless using them in a deck, thats what I do and I haven;t really had a problem with bending since.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing since I noticed that they started to bend. It works really well. But I'm wondering what causes them to bend in the first place.

the problem is when they are printed they are still wet and over time the ink contracts thus causing them to roll up.

i had this happen in my yugioh days so i asked around and tested a few things

This happened a long time ago to me (fossil era). All my holos started bending towards me as I looked at them. Creepy! They are fine now, though.

Yes it happens I'm not sure about the actually reason it does have something to do with the holos. You get the same effect quicker by leaving in the sun or putting them in the freezer.

Yeah, I haven't had this happen recently at all either, but like Qwachansey, pretty much every holo from the first four or five sets way back when would start to arch slightly.

Are these Kadabras?

Seriously, though, it's the humidity.
Summertime. More humid. It affects the foil.

Woah this has happened to others too?! o_O That is so weird. Mine do that in the night too so I just put them in my drawer and they dont bend.

I put my best cards in a safe and they still bend as well as get dusty... is there any way to stop this? My binder also gets very dusty even though it is in an air - tight container.

Are these Kadabras?

Seriously, though, it's the humidity.
Summertime. More humid. It affects the foil.

Ding, ding, ding. You sir, are correct.

Bad joke aside, this is exactly what I was thinking. Mainly because I remember this happening last year with the same weather conditions.

This happened all the time with cards from Deoxys, FRLG, and other sets around that time (like Rocket).

I haven't noticed it lately though. Interesting.

I swear to jebah, every holo I ever got from Deoxys was RIDICULOUSLY bent, nearly unplayable because it stuck out like a sore thumb. D:

It is the humidity! I believe the problem with foil cards is that the foil side does not expand as much when it absorbs water or it does not absorb as much water. When card stock absorbs water, it expands a little bit. Thus, foil faced cards tend to bend toward the foil side when subjected to high humidity. I noticed this when we went to Nats last year and then to Worlds in Florida. Both locations are much more humid than where we live out west. Many of our foil cards, especially those out of binders, warped. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get them back to their original shape even after a year of being at home. I think the expansion is not reversible. Using fairly stiff sleeves makes the bend not as noticeable, but I can't think of anything else to solve the problem except avoiding it in the first place by keeping cards in sleeves and binders.

humidity and science!!!! remember that the cards are made at factories and the Factories hold the foils on....? Rolls so with a little mosture they go back to there old state of rolled...

Back