My CC deck.....help is greatly appreciated..

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER, Feb 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokémon (22):
    3 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet
    4 Ralts (any)
    2 Kirlia (Super Psy)
    2 Gardevoir
    2 Gardevoir ex
    2 Xatu
    2 Lunatone
    2 Natu
    Trainers (20):
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Star Piece
    3 Oracle
    2 Juggler
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Master Ball

Energy (18):
    4 Boost Energy
    4 Multi Energy
    10 Psychic Energy

Any suggestions??

Thanks

2. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

Drop the Xatu line and a wobby.Drop 4 multi add 4 psychic.Add another candy 2 switch and 2 crystal shard.

3. Howbout Wally's Training?

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Drop the Multi for Psychic. There is no point for Multi. Don't use Lunatone, Wynaut is a better poke to start with so max to 4. Maybe even drop Xatu, Garde/ex/Wobs works well enough. Juggler is not a good draw for this deck. Drop them and a couple Star Piece or Master Ball for 4 Prof. Oak's Research. Oracle isn't as great early on here because Wynaut messes with it early on so consider Birch.

5. ok how about this:

4-Wynaut
    3-Wobbuffet(SS)
    2-Kirlia(Super Psy)
    2-Ralts(Psychic Boom)
    2-Ralts(Hypnoblast)
    3-Gardys
    2-Gardy ex
    2-Natu SK
    2-Xatu SS
    Trainers:
    2-Oran Berry
    1-Town Volunteers
    3-Rare Candy
    4-Oaks Research
    2-Oracle
    2-Copycat
    2-Professor Birch
    2-Switch
    1- Warp Point
    1-Pokemon Fan Club
    Energy:
    4-Boost Energy
    15-Psy energy
    This one any better?? What should I get rid of to put in at least 2 star piece?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Don't make me say it.

7. What are you trying to get to SuperWooper??

8. anyone else with deck comments??

9. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Wally's Training is not good simply because of Prof. Elm's Training Method. PETM can search for a pokemon evolving from the bench, Wally can't. We've been over this although APT probably hasn't read all that.

10. I have.Get 2 more Switch , Warp Point , Briny anything like that and put in Life Drain Kirlia.

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Pokemon: 22
    4 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet(SS)
    2 Kirlia(Super Psy)
    2 Ralts(Psychic Boom)
    2 Ralts(Hypnoblast)
    3 Gardys
    2 Gardy ex
    2 Natu SK
    2 Xatu SS
    Trainers: 20
    2 Oran Berry
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy
    4 Oaks Research
    2 Oracle
    2 Copycat
    2 Professor Birch
    2 Switch
    1 Warp Point
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    Energy: 19
    4 Boost Energy
    15 Psy energy

First off, CharMaster, *changes voice to Yoda's voice* "Sixty-one cards does not a deck make."
    To put that into english, drop a card and then we fix the deck. Let's drop the Fan Club. Okay, onto the fix.
    Before we go any further, however, let me ask you to reconsider Xatu. If you're using it to get rid of Psy Shadow damage, you're only wasting your time. 2/2 Xatu line means healing for only one psy shadow at the most, and just a potion can do that easily, which, incidentely, you have none of. If you want to play Gardy, play it right and post a GARDY DECK. But if you want to stick to the Xatu, then I'll fix that. So onto the Xatu fix:

Your pokemon are looking okay for the most part (coff*except for the Xatu line*coff) so we'll leave it as is.

Energies: Cool. Good job here.

Trainers: Here's where you need some help. I see Birch, Oracle, Copycat and POR. Um...what are you thinking? Let's make this a little bit more organized. Right now you have ninteen trainers, and that's the way it should stay because *Yoda voice* "60 cards, my son, a deck will make." 22 Pokemon, 19 NRG, and 19 Trainers.

Trainers: 19
    3 POR
    3 Oracle
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Switch
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Oran Berry

Your deck is hard to work with, so I settled on this until I noticed that you were missing a Volunteers. So drop an Oran Berry for a Town Volunteers and you'll be cool. I won't retype the deck since all I did was change the trainers. And about the Star Piece, it works well with psy shadow, since you can just plop two damage counters on it, but you're using Oran Berry, so no star piece. It isn't that good of a card anyway. In Gardy decks it can be allright, but it gets the axe...or ax...here.

So there's my little fixage of this Gardyjila deck. Gardy/Gojila equals Gardyjila. Isn't that cool? I don't see this deck winning a lot of tournaments, but there it is, tied up with a pretty red bow or something. Whatever. Wooper out.

12. So I should get rid of the natu and Xatu? What do you other guys think? Sorry about that one extra card thing, I did not know.
    Well if I get rid of them, should I keep Lunatone? Any other trainers I should keep/lose?

Any suggestions will help alot.... Time is running out!!!

13. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

How about ditching the Xatu line, freeing up four spaces, for two pokenav and two potion? Or, if you want to keep a few Lunatone, ditch Xatu line, once again freeing up four space, for two Lunatone and two potion. Then drop a TV Reporter for a psychic energy to make sure that you have a good amount. 16 is good and solid in a deck like this, especially with Lunatone. But you probably shouldn't drop the Reporter unless you decided to play Lunatone. Otheriwse, stick with the 3 card wonder.

14. Ok, I think I will stick with Lunatone....I guess dropping Xatu/Natu is a good thing. Any other deck suggestions (please!)

so far my deck looks like this:
    Pokemon(20)-
    4 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet(SS)
    2 Kirlia(Super Psy)
    2 Ralts(Psychic Boom)
    2 Ralts(Hypnoblast)
    3 Gardys
    2 Gardy ex
    2 Lunatone

Trainers: 21
    2-Bill's Mainteance or TV Reporter
    2 Oran Berry
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Rare Candy
    4 Oaks Research
    2 Oracle
    2 potion
    2 Professor Birch
    2 Switch
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    Energy: 19
    4 Boost Energy
    15 Psy energy

What about using Warp point....should i put it in there....if so what should I get rid of....any other things to keep/get rid of??

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  15. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Once again, 61 cards does not a deck make, and if you don't want to use my trainer fix, that's fine, but use TV Reporter. Want to know why? Then go to the TV Reporter vs. Bill's Maintenence thread.

16. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

I personally would not play Lunatone in this deck (weakness, waste of an attack).

I do not play Gardy, but if I did, I'd run something like:

Pokémon (20)
    2 Wynaut
    2 Wobb
    3 Skitty
    3 Catty
    4 Ralts
    2 Kirlia
    2 Gardy
    2 Gardy ex

Trainers (22)
    4 Oracle
    4 POR
    3 Moo-moo
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Dual Ball
    3 Switch
    1 Shard
    1 TV

Energy (18)
    15 (P)
    3 Boost

This is just off the top of my head and untested. The idea is pure speed. If necessary, use a Candy to evolve a Skitty on the turn you drop it to get off a quick Energy Draw.

Someone who plays Gardy can probably improve this list a lot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  17. Thanks Broken Lizard.....

Anyone want to improve upon this deck suggestion...or the other suggestion??

Thanks everyone....this is great so far...

18. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer New Member

Contrary to the beliefs of some on this thread I think you'd be better served to hold on to the Xatu line and I would lose the delcatty line...discard pile is not where you want your energies if you can help it. With Wynaut you do have Basic/Evo searching so lose one of the Duel Balls for another Shard and try the deck like that. Trust me Xatu helps. My Friend played his GardevoirEX deck with them and he won the Bluebell CC with his deck. I'll try and get him to post on here for you. The only dif in your decks I think was that he went with Dunsparce instead of Wynaut. But whichever you like more.

19. I don't know.I think you should put in some good normals like Zangoose or put in Crystal Shard.Energy Switch would also be good.

20. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Hey Lizard! I like your fix, except for the fact that there are only 2 Gardevoir. 3 Runs better because you get moving faster. Even though 2 is cool, you can usually expect at least one of those to be in your prizes every other game or so. Thats NOT cool. So with Lizards fix, I'd drop one Skitty and one Delcatty. Then I'd add one Gardevoir and one Psychic Energy. That way, you don't run out of Energy as fast (cause I do every game and I play 16). Hope this helps! Ciao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.