Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My first E-on deck (dismantled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkates

This is the first time I've ever tried building a deck for any Modified. I'm not expecting glowing reviews, but I am hoping for a lot of comments. When giving comments, please keep in mind that my selection of cards eligible for E-on is extremely limited, and consists almost exclusively of Aquapolis and Skyridge cards, mostly Trainers. However, I'd appreciate any fixes you can give me, whether or not I can do them.

Pokemon (13):
1 Mewtwo EX
4 Gastly (Expedition)
3 Haunter (Expedition)
3 Poochyena (1 each, R&S)
2 Mightyena (Uncommon, R&S)

Trainers (29):
3 Switch
3 Potion
3 Moo-Moo Milk
2 Oracle
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Fast Ball
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Copycat
2 Juggler
2 Power Charge
2 Fisherman
2 Town Volunteers

Energy (18):
10 Psychic Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Darkness Energy

Strategy: The Mightyenas and Haunters are the deck's focus, although the Mewtwo ex is a welcome support. The Mightyena actually has good potential for an uncommon, and Haunter can be a powerhouse with a not-so-small amount of luck. If I can get the cards to support it, I may change from Mightyena to AQ Hypno, which actually combos with Haunter. The Trainers include a lot of card drawing and deck searching, and a high amount of healing. I always liked fast decks, and I think this one should be fairly fast, as E-on decks go, especially considering the limited card pool I personally had to work with. After all, you'll notice that, other than Mewtwo ex and the Special Energies, there are no Rares in this deck. This is because I pretty much had no other Rares available, except as singles. I don't even have a second Mewtwo ex. I do have the ability to do an SK Electrode set, if people think that would be a better idea than one of the lines I have.

Last edited:
the overall hp of your pokemon is kinda low... but it does make for a fun deck. if you want to keep with commons and uncommons only, maybe try taking out haunter, and throwing in krila(life drain) and xatu (skyridge) the idea being that xatu can use any type of cube, including grass which does sleep poison, then krila can do life drain bringing them down to 10 hp (poison bait).
I personally dont like to use jugglers unless I'm running alot of basic energy, so I'd ditch those and a fisherman to make some room. other ideas keeping with uncommon and common cards is to throw in some super scoop ups, to help save your darkness energy. and for added annoyance, maybe try some strength charms. (krila life drain + strength charm = ohko) and general annoyance when a darkness pokemon does 10 more stinking dammage.

8 basics is a bit low, need to add 3 more basics that have some synergy with the deck, or add some protection for the deck. Since your deck seems to protect itself with Haunter/Might covering each other's weaknesses, I would try to sneak in a fighting hitter, to cover Slaking and Delcatty, two huge cards out there, something along the lines of a little 3-2 Sandlash line or a 3 Hitmonchan line.

The other option is grabbing 3 Promo Electabuzz and going after the pelippers and other lightning weak water that is appearing.

either addition will cause you to add a little (but not too much) energy

More later,

Meganium45

cattdreams Kirlia+Strength Charm does nothing. Kirlia places damage counters which is different then doing damage. Therefore the extra 10 from strength charm does not kick in, therefore making it not work as a combo.

Luckily for me, I just got an R/S box, which opened up a lot of possibilities. This next deck is probably not going to be very similar to the one above, except perhaps in terms of the Trainer engine and basic types. All Pokemon are from R/S this time.

Pokemon (19):
4 Ralts (2 Link Blast, 2 Hypnoblast)
4 Kirlia (2 Super Psy, 2 Life Drain)
2 Gardevoir
1 Chansey ex
3 Zigzagoon
3 Linoone
2 Mewtwo ex

Trainers (24):
3 Switch
4 Potion
4 Moo-Moo Milk
2 Oracle
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Copycat
1 Town Volunteers
3 Energy Switch

Energy (17):
13 Psychic Energy
4 Boost Energy

Strategy: As you can see, I switched from Haunter to Gardevoir. Two of my Kirlia have Life Drain. Although I'm not pulling a Life Drain/Poison combo, I think Life Drain still packs a punch. The other two are more for straight damage with Super Psy, since Removal Beam will usually impair my strategy. Chansey ex, Potion, and Moo-Moo Milk all provide healing, which is useful with Chansey ex and Gardevoir around. Ideally, mid- and late-game, I'll be using Psy Shadow once or twice a turn, then healing the damage with Chansey ex/Potion/Moo-Moo Milk. Linoone, of course, provides both attack and searching support. I may change to the Uncommon Delcatty later. Mewtwo ex, while not strictly part of the strategy, is a backup hitter -- and what a backup hitter he is!

Last edited:
That's a good deck. I reccomend Gardevoir EX over the Chansey EX and 1 of the other Gardevoir if you can get it though. And switch a Link Blast Ralts with another Hypnoblast Ralts.

I switched the Ralts, but the two Gardevoir in the deck are the only ones I have, and I have no Sandstorm cards at all. A number of fairly good R/S, including a few ex's (even a second Mewtwo ex -- yay!), but no Sandstorm, and no more Gardevoir. Thanks, though -- I'll keep it in mind.

I'd figure with gardevoir, you wouldnt want to use energy removal, as it'd lessen the dammage done. you may however want to throw in some boost energies to give you that extra 30 damage with gardivors attack when needed.

The ER2's do reduce my damage, yes, but they also can foul up my opponent's plans. They're not so much strategy support as protection. Of course, ideally, by the time I bring out Gardevoir, my opponent has already "recovered" from the ER2's. And I don't have any Boost Energies yet... (although, they're going in as soon as I do)

Anyway, it appears I was 2 cards over, so I dropped a Town Volunteers and a Professor Elm's Training Method. The second decklist in this post is now current.

Last edited:
Pidgeotto Trainer said:
Slipping in a Mewtwo Ex or 2 wouldn't hurt.

that's true, but if anything I might take out a poochyena for it if anything. You could take out Chansey but that's a clever card to use with Gardevoir.

OK, dropped a Poochyena for a Mewtwo ex. I have one more, so if someone thinks having a second would be a good idea, please let me know what card to drop for it. This change has been noted in the decklist.

OK, big change today. Instead of Mightyena, I'm using... Linoone! And all the Energies are now Psychic. The Linoone line's 4-3 instead of 3-3, since I needed another Basic.

[EDIT] Dropping the 4th Zigzagoon for Mewtwo ex number 2.

Last edited:
Can't believe I didn't think of this before! I dropped my Energy Removal 2's for 3 Energy Switches and a 4th Potion. With the Energy Switches, I can Psy Shadow Energy onto one Pokemon, then Energy Switch it to Gardevoir, so that Gardevoir doesn't take the damage. I've been editing the second decklist in the thread, so please base any comments you wish to make on that one. And I'd appreciate any you can give me...

Last edited:
dkates i would suggest, taking out 1 kirlia and 1 potion, for 2 gardevoir ex, both gardevoir's combine really good, and maybe if you will play energy switch, why not play pokemon nurse so that after you have switched your energy, you can heal the damage off the poke.

Don't have Gardevoir ex (don't have any Sandstorm cards, actually), but Nurse I can do. It just doesn't seem necessary with all the other healing I have in this deck (4 Potions and 2 Moo-Moo Milks). With 10 Supporter cards already in the deck, I'd rather not add more. The fact that I can't reuse Trainers doesn't help either. Still, a good suggestion.

Can't do Gold Berry. It's not allowed for E-on. Fisherman I WOULD do, but all my Fishermen are in my other deck.

Now that this deck has no Special Energy at all, I'm dropping the two Power Charges for two Moo-Moo Milks. I now have 8 healing cards, which I bet will come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back